Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 11:06:25 AM EDT
I am looking for a fairly cheap (< $100), fixed tree stand, but it has to be sturdy.  I think I want one with a ratchet strap attachment system because they seem to be a little more secure than the chain models.  Has anybody used any of the Remington models www.remingtontreestand.com/threehundredmag.html.  The price where I live is $100, and it looks like it has a couple extra features compared to some of the others that are out there.  If I wait until after deer season how much can I expect to save as stores try to get rid of their inventory?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:12:23 AM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up a climbing tree stand for $169 from Dicks sporting goods.  It's extreamly sturdy, is very comfortable and has all sorts of padding to keep things quite.  There was a cheap climbing stand for $99.  They also had fixed tree stands but the selection they had looked cheap.  I didn't see much of a difference between the $39 and the $99 one.  The Remington that you show looks better than any of the fixed stands that I saw...but I would take my climbing stand over it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
 You can get a 15' Strongbuilt for about $70. Then get one of those starp on chairs to sit on. The stands can get uncomfortable after while. Try Bass Pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top