Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 10:40:43 AM EDT
Here it is, folks. Pick you video player from the link.

gee...almost like it was..just sitting there.waiting..waiting..hmmm..

Link
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#1]
KERRY=LIAR
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't believe they are running with this debunked story. It is a fabricated October Suprise. This has to backfire on Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Kindof reminds me of Rather and the whole memo thing.  They knew it was fake and ran with it anyway.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:47:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I would love to know when he cut that message.

Better yet...if John Kerry is worried about missing explosives, is he also worried about missing wmd's???
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#5]
We need HiramRanger's rebuttal ad.......We need it Now!

Quoted:
I would love the response ad to be...

"John Kerry and his friends at the New York Times and 60 Minutes will stop at nothing to defeat President Bush... even if it means forsaking the sacred trust between journalists and the American people.

Thanks to patriots across the nation, Dan Rather's memogate was shown to be nothing more than a Kerry campaign fraud... and now?  The New York Times and 60 minutes conspire to lie about our troops in Iraq and their failure to secure munitions that were long gone before their arrival according to an NBC reporter who was there at the time.

John Kerry... tell any lie... win at any cost..."

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I just hope that people don't believe it.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#7]
The more Kerry does stupid stuff like this, the more votes he will lose.  Running with a debunked story will just hurt him more.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Why is the DNC going forward with this ad??? I just don't get it, because from where I stand, this debunked "missing weapons" issue is a clearly marked bear trap & Kerry is intentionally sticking his foot in it!  

Consider me confused. Calling Hiram....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:52:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, if Rush is right in his assessment of this, the whole story WAS to be the October Surprise from the Democrats, and since NBC blew the whistle on it being BS, it has just backfired right into their faces.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why is the DNC going forward with this ad??? I just don't get it, because from where I stand, this debunked "missing weapons" issue is a clearly marked bear trap & Kerry is intentionally sticking his foot in it!  

Consider me confused. Calling Hiram....

+1

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#11]
It IS amazing that kerry managed to film, edit and broadcast this ad, in just one day.

It's almost as though....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It IS amazing that kerry managed to film, edit and broadcast this ad, in just one day.

Oh, COME ON!

What, do you REALLY think this was all a SETUP?

PLEASE!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Some dem operative was on saying that they were gonna run with it regardless because, the Bush campaign isn't likely to challenge them in the last week.

Grrrr.

'We know we are lying, but no one will accuse us of it.'

So much arrogance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:56:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Last time I checked . . . as a soldier I don't get 'protected' by the CIC.  I PROTECT HIM AND ALL THE OTHER CITIZENS.  The 'troops' go into harms way because that is their job.  Having sKerry take over and 'protect' me from harm is more frightening than spending the next 2 years in Iraq getting shot at.

OCS Candidate . . . just waiting for my turn to go kick some A$$.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm beginning to think that Kerry just shot himself in the foot....

Maybe this is actually GWB's October surprise after all?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:58:40 AM EDT
[#16]

Some dem operative was on saying that they were gonna run with it regardless because, the Bush campaign isn't likely to challenge them in the last week...'We know we are lying, but no one will accuse us of it.'

Link? Source?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Some dem operative was on saying that they were gonna run with it regardless because, the Bush campaign isn't likely to challenge them in the last week...'We know we are lying, but no one will accuse us of it.'

Link? Source?

Because the Bush campaign cannot run certain ads 30 days out of the election. I suspect it includes a rebuttal to this b.s. that media has pulled. Campaign finance strikes again.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:01:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Guys, you must remember, if sKerry isn't lying, he isn't speaking.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#19]
AP now trying to bouy the story. The AP is as bad as Reuters.

AP

Embedded reporter saw no explosives search

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK -- An NBC News reporter embedded with a U.S. army unit that seized an Iraqi installation three weeks into the war said Tuesday that she saw no signs that the Americans searched for the powerful explosives that are now missing from the site.

Reporter Lai Ling Jew, who was embedded with the Army's 101st Airborne, Second Brigade, said her news team stayed at the Al-Qaqaa base for about 24 hours.

"There wasn't a search," she told MSNBC, an NBC cable news channel. "The mission that the brigade had was to get to Baghdad. That was more of a pit stop there for us. And, you know, the searching, I mean certainly some of the soldiers head off on their own, looked through the bunkers just to look at the vast amount of ordnance lying around.

"But as far as we could tell, there was no move to secure the weapons, nothing to keep looters away."

On Monday night, NBC reported that its embedded crew said U.S. troops did discover significant stockpiles of bombs, but no sign of the missing HMX and RDX explosives.

The NBC report came after the U.N. nuclear agency told the Security Council on Monday about the disappearance of the 377 tons of high explosives, mostly HMX and RDX, which can be used in the kind of car bomb attacks that have targeted U.S. forces.

Iraq blamed "theft and looting ... due to lack of security."

The disappearance raised questions about why the United States didn't do more to secure the Al-Qaqaa facility 30 miles south of Baghdad.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

.....the media is a de facto wing of the Democratic Party?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link? Source?

Because the Bush campaign cannot run certain ads 30 days out of the election. I suspect it includes a rebuttal to this b.s. that media has pulled. Campaign finance strikes again.

I don't believe there's any limit on what the campaign can run at any time. There are limits on what can be spent if they've opted for public financing, but they can say whatever they want.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:04:06 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I can do that and I'm not even a professional video producer.

They have a highly paid Rapid Response team for just this reason. It is not that difficult.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes, but do you believe that this is the case?

I'd like to see where the Senator's been for the past few two days.
If he wasn't in the studio....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#24]
"Reporter Lai Ling Jew................"

Come on now.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top