Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 9:44:26 AM EDT
Report: Explosives could not be found when U.S. troops arrived

CNN) -- The mystery surrounding the disappearance of 380 tons of powerful explosives from a storage depot in Iraq has taken a new twist, after a television news crew embedded with the U.S. military during the invasion of Iraq reported that the material could not be found when American troops arrived.

NBC News reported that on April 10, 2003, its crew was embedded with the U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division when troops arrived at the Al Qaqaa storage facility south of Baghdad.

While the troops found large stockpiles of conventional explosives, they did not find HMX or RDX, the types of powerful explosives that reportedly went missing, according to NBC.

The International Atomic Energy Agency revealed Monday that it had been told two weeks ago by the Iraqi government that 380 tons of HMX and RDX disappeared from Al Qaqaa after Saddam Hussein's government fell.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
wow... you mean to tell me somebody skewed the facts so as to shift blame to the pres?  

no way!! i dont believe it!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Dumb Ass Kerry Still kicking a dead Horse.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE OCT 26, 2004 13:04:28 ET XXXXX

KERRY/EDWARDS CAMPAIGN PREPARING CAMPAIGN AD ON MISSING EXPLOSIVES

**Exclusive**

:30 spot called "obligation"

JOHN KERRY: "The obligation of a Commander in Chief is to keep our country safe. In Iraq, George Bush has overextended our troops..."

JOHN KERRY: "...and now failed to secure 380 tons of deadly explosives."

JOHN KERRY: "The kind used for attacks in Iraq, and for terrorist bombings."

JOHN KERRY: "His Iraq misjudgments put our soldiers at risk, and make our country less secure. And all he offers is more of the same. As President, I'll bring a fresh start to protect our troops and our nation. I'm John Kerry and I approved this message.

Developing...

Here
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Another bouncing Betty ready to go off in Kerry's groin.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#4]
The Dems are making commercials about the missing explosives as we speak (per Rush).  They plan on running them in battleground states later this week.  By then the lie will be mostly known throughout the country.  They need to go to plan B.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:57:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I would love the response ad to be...

"John Kerry and his friends at the New York Times and 60 Minutes will stop at nothing to defeat President Bush... even if it means forsaking the sacred trust between journalists and the American people.

Thanks to patriots across the nation, Dan Rather's memogate was shown to be nothing more than a Kerry campaign fraud... and now?  The New York Times and 60 minutes conspire to lie about our troops in Iraq and their failure to secure munitions that were long gone before their arrival according to an NBC reporter who was there at the time.

John Kerry... tell any lie... win at any cost..."

Alas, not likely to happen

Awesome outline for an ad. You should forward it to the DNC etc.

RJ
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:58:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#9]
FNC now carrying the story too. Is this the October Double Surprise? letting Kerry shoot himself 3 days before the election?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"John Kerry and his friends at the New York Times and 60 Minutes will stop at nothing to defeat President Bush... even if it means forsaking the sacred trust between journalists and the American people.

Thanks to patriots across the nation, Dan Rather's memogate was shown to be nothing more than a Kerry campaign fraud... and now?  The New York Times and 60 minutes conspire to lie about our troops in Iraq and their failure to secure munitions that were long gone before their arrival according to an NBC reporter who was there at the time.

That's perfect! Send it! www.rnc.org/

Edit: I sent it for ya. Hope that's ok.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:09:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't care DOW, as long as you give me credit when they contact you!

No problem bro.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Man, I would love to see that add get run!  Excellent work HR!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 10:26:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Awesome outline for an ad. You should forward it to the DNC etc.

RJ

We could start an Arfkom  527, popularize it and raise money through blog ads, get it on the air.

A little late in the game to do that though.

Why would I send it to the DNC?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top