Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/26/2004 8:43:23 AM EDT
Pilot error...

The co-pilot reacted to the sever turbulence with an unecessary use of the rudder, resulting in tail seperation and crash. Blame is also placed on training, and the Airbus tail design.

What a shame. The pilot was probably a stick and rudder guy, and when the blane bank uncontrolably, he reacted with heavy rudder and yoke, like you do in a small plane. Stupid french plane just cant handle it.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,136606,00.html
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:45:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Heard on Paul Harvey that Airbus has never told them about this problem.

What a fucking suprise, huh? Airbus and the EU are trying to underhand the american airlines and Boeing. Its a fucking conspiracy. How much money did Jet Blue give to airbus for all of the A320's??? NONE. Not a fucking penny. Billions of free dollars, and that is why they dont charge anything for flights. the WTO better put an end to the EU involvment in Airbus.

No tin foil hat is required. This is all well known.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:54:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I can hear the conspiracy theorists sharpenning up their pencils and donning their tin-foil hats...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
[urlhttp://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=287759]AP - November 2001 American Airlines Flight 587 Crashed Blamed On Pilot Error

Crap, I did a search too...

dupe
IBTL
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I flew into Newark the very next day on a business trip and encountered a bit of turbulence that made the plane drop enough to make you glad your seatbelt was fastened while on our approach to the airport. After the crash in Queens a day earlier, I was worried and decided to take a quick poll. Looked around and yep, found everyone else with the same wide-eyed, this is it! look on their faces.

Then the plane landed and I was glad to touch the ground again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top