Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 7:21:18 PM EDT

I read on another site, that a person purchased .223 ammo from Cabela's, and there was a UN tracking number on it.

Anyone know about this, work at Cabela's or have the low down?

If it's true, leave it to the UN to track everyone. First it's onstar, now it's ammo.

What's next? Your jeans?....Oh, silly me, they are tracking those too!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
No. Remove your tinfoil.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
it's the GPS transponder #, no worries
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
No. Remove your tinfoil.

No, seriously. If we are getting import ammo, can't the UN track it?

And don't be so quick to say no.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. Remove your tinfoil.

Absolutely not. Its NOT possible.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Its falling!

Its falling!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:32:19 PM EDT
[#6]
No, they might be able to track it to where it entered the US, but not beyond that. Besides, thats a huge task, and not worth the investment.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No, they might be able to track it to where it entered the US, but not beyond that. Besides, thats a huge task, and not worth the investment.

[Mr. Blue Helment Man] We're here from the world gubment.  We are here to help you with your problems. [/Mr. Blue Helment Man]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Its falling!

Its falling!

Whatever....

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. Remove your tinfoil.

I think you may be on to something.  I believe the UN has also bugged my Rice Krispies.

...and for the rest of you, don't be so quick to say no.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Its falling!

Its falling!

Whatever....

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:39:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. Remove your tinfoil.

I think you may be on to something.  I believe the UN has also bugged my Rice Krispies.

You guys are killing me! Just ask a stupid (lots of tin foil tonight) question and...

Must be my night tonight. Be gentle.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard that the UN was also tracking toilet paper..............
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
You guys who are laughing forget that Wal Mart is preparing to put RFID on every piece of merchandise that comes into inventory from all of it's distributors.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:47:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I read on another site, that a person purchased .223 ammo from Cabela's, and there was a UN tracking number on it.

If it's true, leave it to the UN to track everyone. First it's onstar, now it's ammo.

Tinfoil's on too tight (much as the UN would like to)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#16]
You also forget that the Attorney General of Kalifornia wants to put a serial number on, and register every round of ammunition sold in the state.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#17]
If they are I know I'm on the "A" list!  And they don't even know about the thousands I load myself!  Oh shit  THEY DO NOW!!  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:51:50 PM EDT
[#18]
I never have heard of that before.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#19]
You know, my UPS driver does look an awful lot like Hans Blix...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#20]
It's not a tracking number. Rather a UN substance identification number. Just about anything hazardous has one.
UN ID numbers

Absolutely nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You guys who are laughing forget that Wal Mart is preparing to put RFID on every piece of merchandise that comes into inventory from all of it's distributors.

And if a rogue Wal-Mart employee gets into my house and within the 12"-16" needed to READ one of those tags, I've got bigger problems than RFID.

It's a passive technology used for inventory management for Christ's sake.. you'd think they were space-trackable GPS transponders.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It's a passive technology used for inventory management for Christ's sake.. you'd think they were space-trackable GPS transponders.

How do you know they're not?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
It's not a tracking number. Rather a UN substance identification number. Just about anything hazardous has one.
UN ID numbers

THANK YOU!

I knew there was at least someone sane out there tonight. Or at least, I expected a credible answer after 4 or 5 jokes, not 10 or 15.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You also forget that the Attorney General of Kalifornia wants to put a serial number on, and register every round of ammunition sold in the state.

What's Lockyer being a moronic fucking asshole got to do with anything? It'll NEVER pass, it's a high-water mark fo insanity, a 'negotiating position' to get something less insane / equally offensive passed in the future.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd be more worried about that metal plate they inserted in your skull at birth.  It appears to be malfunctioning.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I heard that the UN was also tracking toilet paper..............

YES! To help them verify each shipment, please dry yours out after use and ship to U.N Headquarters here in the U.S. - Ship collect of course, with your address for verification. They will be glad you were willing to help.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:31:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How do you know they're not?

Art Bell would have told me by now, man!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#28]
once again, the UN will not be taking any direct action on the citizens of the US any time soon.  Why should they when they can wait for the right administration to approve a treaty with them forcing internal coercion of the populace.

a few possible techincal problems to tracking ammo.

1. Where is the tracker?  In the box?  How big is it?

2.  If its so small that you can't see it, how is it transmitting to that geosynchronous UN satelite stationed over your trailer park?

3. how are they paying for all this stuff?

4. why would they even bother.  So much of it is made and sold within the US that it renders any sort of tracking system pointless.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:45:15 PM EDT
[#29]
fuckem if they are with the faggy blue helmets
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
once again, the UN will not be taking any direct action on the citizens of the US any time soon.  Why should they when they can wait for the right administration to approve a treaty with them forcing internal coercion of the populace.

a few possible techincal problems to tracking ammo.

1. Where is the tracker?  In the box?  How big is it?

2.  If its so small that you can't see it, how is it transmitting to that geosynchronous UN satelite stationed over your trailer park?

3. how are they paying for all this stuff?

4. why would they even bother.  So much of it is made and sold within the US that it renders any sort of tracking system pointless.

My question was not about a GPS tracking unit installed with the ammo. On the outside of a ammo can at Cabela's there was a number, prefixed by the letter "UN". My question was, "is the UN involved some how with ammunition shippments to retail sellers?"

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:51:32 PM EDT
[#31]
I can't see how.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#32]
I'll send all my ammo cans to Feinstein, schumer, Kennedy and kerry
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

No...

I've seen the letters 'UN' on RUSSIAN ammo boxes before, but you must remember that Russia uses a different alphabet, and such...

In this case, however, it's simply a HAZMAT ID, kind of like the ORM-D sticker used by UPS...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:21:38 PM EDT
[#35]
I have three wooden crates of Aussie 7.62NATO and they all have a UN 0012 stamped on them. I was wondering what the UN stamp was for. I learn something new everyday.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I'd be more worried about that metal plate they inserted in your skull at birth.  It appears to be malfunctioning.

My Father had a metal plate in his skull for a while. They had to replace it with a plastic one though, 'cause every time Mom turned the microwave on, he'd piss his pants and forget who he was.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:00:16 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I have three wooden crates of Aussie 7.62NATO and they all have a UN 0012 stamped on them. I was wondering what the UN stamp was for. I learn something new everyday.

thanks,
Ron

UN0012 is the identification number for cartridges, small arms.  You will see similar numbers on trucks hauling hazardous materials every day.  Look at the next gasoline tanker you see.  It will have placards on each side with the number 1203.  That is the UN identification number for gasoline.  All hazardous materials have either a UN or NA identification  number assigned.  The purpose is so that emergency response personnel will have some idea what they will be dealing with.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Well I just...wait a minute....hold on, theres a blue helmet out side my window...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#39]
does UN even have anything to do with the united nations in this case?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:04:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
UN ID numbers

+1 We have a winner.

If only more people would go and and acually learn more than they already know.  This site would be a smarter place
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
does UN even have anything to do with the united nations in this case?

Affirmative, torstin.  This is a UNITED NATIONS plot to take over world commerce.

Actually, it's just supposed to make haz-mat response to a spill easier due to uniform marking internationally  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
UN ID numbers

Bingo!

The UN couldn't track a drunken moose across a new snow field...don't worry, you are fine. Even if they actually DID track a shipment, WTF would they DO about it? Negotiate?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

The UN couldn't track a drunken 380,000 lb high explosivemoose across a new snow field...don't worry, you are fine. Even if they actually DID track a shipment, WTF would they DO about it? Negotiate?

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#44]
That why I buy all my shit on the Black Market Bye the way could you imgine how many packages they would have to keep on track.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#45]
It would cost the UN money to track, which means less money to line Kofi Annan's bank account, so in other words its not being tracked.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:29:34 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

That is a classic
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a classic

As is the entire thread.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
No. Remove your tinfoil.

I knew it!...I just F-ing knew it!  (See my sig line)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top