Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 5:52:18 PM EDT
and boy did I have a good time on the phone with the lady on the other end.

First she asks me who if I was voting for Bush or Kerry for president, and I said I was not sure.  Then she says well, let me help you decide.  So she asks me what issues I am interested in, such as the enviroment, jobs, health care or hunting???  (Just remember that I played dumb as shit, or tried too.  I was trying not to laugh out loud the whole time.)

Me:  "Hunting, does Kerry support hunting?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Yes, he does."
Me:  "Does he support the 2nd Amendment?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Yes, he is a hunter."
Me:  "I don't think hunting is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment."
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, it, ah, not, do you mean, sure, well, he does support it."
Me:  "But didn't he vote to keep the assault weapons ban in place?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, yeah, but the assault weapons are only for killing people, but he is a hunter."
Me:  "But what if I want to buy an assault weapon to defend myself."
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, defend against who?, I mean, but, they are for killing people."
Me:  "Maybe someone will want to shoot me or my family some day, like maybe a terrorist."
Kerry phone chick:  "Terrorists get their guns at gunshows, so Kerry will shut them down."
Me:  "Shut down what?  the terrorists or gunshows?"
Kerry phone chick:  "The gunshows, I ah, mean, you see, the terrorists, can't, gun, ah, close them up, mumbling, ah, sure, bad, ya know, shut them both down."
Me:  "Oh, ok, how does John Kerry feel about abortion?"  
Kerry phone chick:  "He is Pro Life, I mean, Pro Choice"
Me:  "Well, which one is killing babies?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, he, um, not, he, not, choice, he supports a womans right to choose killing, I mean, womans choice"
Me:  "So, what does Pres Bush believe?"
Kerry phone chick:  "He is Pro Life"
Me:  "Is that bad?"
Kerry phone chick:  "He supports life, not choice, I mean, Kerry supports life too, but not, I mean womans choice, not killing, but choice, Bush wants to take rights away from women."

It went on from there for about 3 more minutes.  We covered the enviroment and jobs, and then I said I had to run.  So she finally asked me who I would vote for.  I said I was unsure, but Kerry sounded pretty good, if he will allow women to kill babies and not allow me to kill bad guys with dangerous assault weapons.  So she said, "Can I put you down for a maybe vote, and I said sure, for BUSH!"

Not trying to offend anyone when it comes to abortion, just my beliefs on the subject.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
excellent! i wish i would get somebody who wanted to have an actual discussion with me when i'm calling voters.  i guess it speaks to the intelligence of republican vs. democrat voters, the best the dems have come up with so far is "Bush sucks!"
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have similar converstions but they always put a machine on the other line....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Womans right to choose killing............bout made me spew beer all over the monitor!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#4]
no one ever calls or knocks

J
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it true that Kerry voted for a Senate bill to ban all ammunition that could penetrate a "bullet-proof vest", and in doing so would effectively ban all rifle ammunition larger than .223 in caliber?  Including all current hunting rounds larger than .223?

If true, the "I'm a hunter I don't need no peeple-killin-assault rifle" crowd need to put that in their pipe and smoke it.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:08:36 PM EDT
[#6]
This was the first time I actually got to talk to someone.  All ths other times it was a machine.  So I decided right from the start to play with this chick.  I didn't want to get all crazy with her and call her a commie or anything, just wanted to have some fun.  I wish I could have recorded it, as I was about pissing my self with all the ah, ums, I mean, you see, mumbling, confused bullshit this woman was coming up with.  I actually felt bad for when the call was over.  All the Freudian slips this woman made, she must be a conservative at heart and just to scared to admit it to herself.  

I hope they call back again before next Tuesday.  I want to have some more fun.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
woe be to the liberal pollster that is ever unfortunate enough to call this redneck
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is it true that Kerry voted for a Senate bill to ban all ammunition that could penetrate a "bullet-proof vest", and in doing so would effectively ban all rifle ammunition larger than .223 in caliber?  Including all current hunting rounds larger than .223?

If true, the "I'm a hunter I don't need no peeple-killin-assault rifle" crowd need to put that in their pipe and smoke it.

I believe there was a vote to ban all centerfire rifle cartridges, and he voted for it.

Something along those lines.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a simular run in tonight with a Kerry supporter on the phone. I pick up the phone and a woman says "Hello, I am from the Ohio Democrats and maybe you can answer a question" right there I seized the opportunity. As she rambled on about how great John Kerry was she finally got to the point and asked me, "Who are you voting for on November 2nd?" and I simply said, "Maam I am voting for the man how has taken the offensive on the war on terror, and the one I feel the safest under, George W. Bush, Click".
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Good job. For every minute of their time you waste, that's a minute they won't have to convince another "undecided" voter to vote for sKerry.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
So she finally asked me who I would vote for.  I said I was unsure, but Kerry sounded pretty good, if he will allow women to kill babies and not allow me to kill bad guys with dangerous assault weapons. So she said, "Can I put you down for a maybe vote, and I said sure, for BUSH!"

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
and boy did I have a good time on the phone with the lady on the other end.

First she asks me who if I was voting for Bush or Kerry for president, and I said I was not sure.  Then she says well, let me help you decide.  So she asks me what issues I am interested in, such as the enviroment, jobs, health care or hunting???  (Just remember that I played dumb as shit, or tried too.  I was trying not to laugh out loud the whole time.)

Me:  "Hunting, does Kerry support hunting?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Yes, he does."
Me:  "Does he support the 2nd Amendment?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Yes, he is a hunter."
Me:  "I don't think hunting is mentioned in the 2nd Amendment."
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, it, ah, not, do you mean, sure, well, he does support it."
Me:  "But didn't he vote to keep the assault weapons ban in place?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, yeah, but the assault weapons are only for killing people, but he is a hunter."
Me:  "But what if I want to buy an assault weapon to defend myself."
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, defend against who?, I mean, but, they are for killing people."
Me:  "Maybe someone will want to shoot me or my family some day, like maybe a terrorist."
Kerry phone chick:  "Terrorists get their guns at gunshows, so Kerry will shut them down."
Me:  "Shut down what?  the terrorists or gunshows?"
Kerry phone chick:  "The gunshows, I ah, mean, you see, the terrorists, can't, gun, ah, close them up, mumbling, ah, sure, bad, ya know, shut them both down."
Me:  "Oh, ok, how does John Kerry feel about abortion?"  
Kerry phone chick:  "He is Pro Life, I mean, Pro Choice"
Me:  "Well, which one is killing babies?"
Kerry phone chick:  "Well, he, um, not, he, not, choice, he supports a womans right to choose killing, I mean, womans choice"
Me:  "So, what does Pres Bush believe?"
Kerry phone chick:  "He is Pro Life"
Me:  "Is that bad?"
Kerry phone chick:  "He supports life, not choice, I mean, Kerry supports life too, but not, I mean womans choice, not killing, but choice, Bush wants to take rights away from women."

It went on from there for about 3 more minutes.  We covered the enviroment and jobs, and then I said I had to run.  So she finally asked me who I would vote for.  I said I was unsure, but Kerry sounded pretty good, if he will allow women to kill babies and not allow me to kill bad guys with dangerous assault weapons.  So she said, "Can I put you down for a maybe vote, and I said sure, for BUSH!"

Not trying to offend anyone when it comes to abortion, just my beliefs on the subject.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]
The girl on the phone got messed up
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#15]
great work!! still no calls here  there is always tomorrow I guess!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top