Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 4:29:18 PM EDT
Well I have mine so now I can tell you bassards how to get yours. This thing is schweet!  

Here is the link Zippo Butane Insert

I filled it up and she works like a charm.  Seemed a few thousands small, I mean just a little, so I just pinched with my fingers on the zippo and she snugged up nicely.  Got two, but have to give one away to a bud that gave me a Thunder Mtn Hat, dang it!

Yeehaww, no more fluid leaks and evaporation!!!!!

More pics on the site.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
butane:  the bastard gas
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Ok, don't get that one, but it sure works.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
"Manufacturing Facilities in Japan" my ass.  These cheap inserts are made in China.  

Wouldn't want to blow my dick off.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#5]
WTF, if you don't have anything constructive to add STFU!!

And you are from TN, who would have thunk it.

ETA:  Actually these apear to be well made, and probably no worse than the kerosene that leaks onto your leg and burns you there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Now I want an ARFCOM zippo!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:03:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

ETA:  Actually these apear to be well made, and probably no worse than the kerosene that leaks onto your leg and burns you there.

You call me a troll and say I don't have anything constructive to add because I'm busting your little scam?

I have conducted well over 100 intellectual property (Patent, Trademark and Copyright) investigations and enforcement actions (raids) in China on behalf of Zippo.

I also have the world's largest collection of counterfeit "Zippo" lighters (raid seizure samples).

I have "visited" over 300 lighter factories in China, mainly in the Wenzhou District of Zhejiang Province, Ningbo (also in Zhejiang) as well as Guangdong and Guangxi Provinces.

The site that you have posted the link to claims "our manufacturing facilities are located in Tokyo, Japan". Why do you not dispute my statement that the inserts are made in China?

Why is there no address listed on the firm's web page?

Anyway, I'm sure Bradford will find this information interesting.  BTW, which consumer affairs organization has approved the safety of these inserts?

Me

thunks
you are busted!

I apologize to other members for this ruckus.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:04:24 PM EDT
[#8]
[Frankenstein's Monster] FIRE BAD! [/Frankenstein's Monster]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
is the butane insert windproof? That was the whole reason why I got a zippo in the first place: those cheap butane lighters kept getting blown out...

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't hear you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I have conducted well over 100 intellectual property (Patent, Trademark and Copyright) investigations and enforcement actions (raids) in China on behalf of Zippo.

China gives a rat's ass about patent infringement? Since when?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Who pissed in your cereal? I don't find a Zippo logo anywhere on the insert. Go pitch your anger somewhere else.
tony

Quoted:

Quoted:

You call me a troll and say I don't have anything constructive to add because I'm busting your little scam?

I also have the world's largest collection of counterfeit "Zippo" lighters (raid seizure samples).

I have "visited" over 300 lighter factories in China, mainly in the Wenzhou District of Zhejiang Province, Ningbo (also in Zhejiang) as well as Guangdong and Guangxi Provinces.

The site that you have posted the link to claims "our manufacturing facilities are located in Tokyo, Japan". Why do you not dispute my statement that the inserts are made in China?

Why is there no address listed on the firm's web page?

Anyway, I'm sure Bradford will find this information interesting.  BTW, which consumer affairs organization has approved the safety of these inserts?

Me

thunks
you are busted!

I apologize to other members for this ruckus.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Please read the title of this post again:

AR15.com Zippo Lighter butane insert

1. Guess why is this product not listed under Officially Licensed AR15.com Merchandise?

2. Why is TNRonin promoting this product?

3. Why is this product called "Z-plus" (with a flame over the logo)?

4. Why is there no address listed on the web site?

1. It is not an officially licensed AR15.com product.

2. He truly likes the product, or is there another motive?

3. Because "Z" is a good letter to start the name of the product with?.  Zippo Mfg. has registered both the "Z" and the flame.

For those of you who say "who gives a shit about trademarks, patents etc.", why do you think it's called intellectual property?

I have heard the stories of the HK marked barrels.  Won't some guys pay a premium price just because they are marked "HK"?

Hell I should promote cheap "AR15.com" junk on ARFCOM and make a fortune doing so. I estimate these inserts cost less than a buck each and they sell for over 12 bucks.

Last Question: Why hasn't TNRonin replied to my last post?

I joined ARFCOM to have fun but dipshits like TNRonin get to me.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#14]
That abortion brings tears to my eyes!

That's like taking 69 Mustang and putting a civic engine into it!

What a disgrace!

If you can't accept zippos for who they are you shouldn't own one!

-Lockedon (avid zippo collector since age 8)

ETA: just for that I'm gonna light a malboro with my good ol' LIGHTER FLUID zippo right now! BTW I use my zippo all the time (pack/day) and my fluid lasts me a good month.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#15]
If its not a Zippo, its not a lighter.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:20:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You moron.  There WAS an official AR15.com zippo.  It was custom engraved and is not made anymore.

TNRonin is telling us about a device to put IN the AR15.com zippo.

Thank you.

The nerd faction/new breed of members needs some schooling.  

Back to the front of the bus geek!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn I wanted one of those Zippo's
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:51:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, don't get that one, but it sure works.  LOL

He's into "propane and propane accessories".  

-Nugz
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
www.btammolabs.com/images/zippo.jpg

Oh fuck I want one of those.....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Sweet find.  Yeah, my zippo has been a pain in the ass.  Are they all this way.  I guess if I used it all the time it would be better, but using it about once a week I have to try about twenty times for it to fire up.  It'll work fine until I let it sit for awhile.

Takakuraken, who put a burr up your butt?

[homersimpson] Made in the USA? No thank you![/homersimpson]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

That one is sweet.  I have the more matte finish with the brass engraving.  One of the "B" series.  Glad I got it, probably should have got another.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

F-in right baby........................I want one too  ppppppppplllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssssssssssseeeeeeeee
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:04:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You moron.  There WAS an official AR15.com zippo.  It was custom engraved and is not made anymore.

AR15.com Bushmaster AR 15/M16 bolt carrier

What If the bolt carrier was marked or otherwise packaged as "Bmstr". Would you buy the bolt carrier if you knew it was made in China in a factory without any quality control standards?

Clear case of deception.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

F-in right baby........................I want one too  ppppppppplllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssssssssssssseeeeeeeee

Yep! You can get in line, right behind ME!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:14:22 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What If the bolt carrier was marked or otherwise packaged as "Bmstr". Would you buy the bolt carrier if you knew it was made in China in a factory without any quality control standards?

Clear case of deception.

Um, mine says Zippo Bradford PA Made in the USA right on the bottom as does the insert.

As for the butane insert, nowhere does it state that it is made by Zippo, only that it is a replacement insert.

What is so difficult about that?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:09:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clear case of deception.

Somewhere there is a REALLY short orange bus with an empty seat....
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Clear case of deception.

Get bent dumbass.  TNRonin is just giving people ideas for their AR15.com Zippos.  If you think it's a shit product, don't buy one.  Otherwise, stop shitting in other people's threads.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:32:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Bless your heart! Now I can say whatever I want.

Tukus, LOL, not only are you a you are also a dick smooch.  I was talking about the insert, and it isn't a scam, these guys are based out of NY. I ordered it on 10/21 and got it on 10/25, no scam to mee.  The back of the box said the INSERT was designed in the states and made in china.  Distributed by BLAZER products, Farmindaly NY, and this was shipped from Flushing NY.

I am getting dick from letting the guys know about something we discussed some time ago.  Of course you wouldn't know because you are a fucking cherry on the boards!  

I didn't respond until now because I had to deal with my boy (9 yoa) and my daughter confiscated the puter for her honors chem project.  Sorry I wasn't sitting here ready to respond to your paranoid assinine bull shit!

Once again if you have anything constructive to contribute, STFU!!  Bless your heart!

I'm happy you are the expert on lighters and all that, sounds like you could be a serious contribution to society except for your other collateral bullshit (ego), but busted I'm not, what a joke.

Get a life fuckhead!  And I mean that in the nicest way.  LOL
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:39:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm still having problems believing Takakuraken's story about investigating hundreds of lighter factories in China, personally, at the bequest of Zippo. Again, since when does China give a rat's ass about patent infringement of US products, and why should we believe they would allow some clown from the US to "raid" their factories?

And yes, the Zippos in question are genuine (I have three of them). The insert is an aftermarket add-on that TNronin saw and thought some of us might be interested in.  It's not like he's an agent of the Chinese counterfeiting Mafia, trying to get rich by fooling us into buying fake knock-offs of a $12 item. He's not even selling them.

With the apparent brain power Takakuraken has shown so far, I can't wait to see how he feels about Tacpoints!!  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#36]
if you girls want an arfcom zippo get ahold of tattoo, he set it up the last time

he has to sell X amount for zippo to run the design again though

trivia:  did you know a black arfcom zippo went for $150 at auction at Gunstock?  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
if you girls want an arfcom zippo get ahold of tattoo, he set it up the last time

he has to sell X amount for zippo to run the design again though

trivia:  did you know a black arfcom zippo went for $150 at auction at Gunstock?  

Last time Tattoo did the lighters there were some serious problems. And I quote him "Never again!". I dont know if you could talk him into doing it again. I got 3 last time! Made excelent christmass presents!

Also.... [Takakuraken]EVERONE HIT THE FLOOR>>> IM ZIPPO POLICE!! DONT MOVE OR I WILL SHOOT YOUR CAT!! [/Takakuraken]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:39:34 AM EDT
[#38]
9 out of 10 Ho's agree: "My crack has never tasted so fresh!"
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:55:15 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
9 out of 10 Ho's agree: "My crack has never tasted so fresh!"

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:41:54 AM EDT
[#40]
What I don't get is why this wad posted his comments.  Oh well, people need stuff to do between investigating the zippo infringements I guess.

And regarding blowing your pecker off?  I seriously think if there were issues with exploding lighters (butane style) we would have heard about it sooner.  OMG.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#41]
butane zippo!!!???!?!

BLASPHEMY!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 7:50:28 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
butane zippo!!!???!?!

BLASPHEMY!!!

+1
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#43]
LOL, ya I guess, but progress is not bad.  I've done some research and blazer, the people doing these, makes beau coup lighters, I think they have the design down.  This insert is a metal body at the top (something nickel plated) and appears fairly well made.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#44]
+1 save for later

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:08:46 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
for the fun flame war
and because I might buy one for the free copper zippo I got for taking a smoking survey at a bar. I rarely use it and it evaporates in less than a week so that when I do decide to use it it won't light
and I've always wanted a torch flame lighter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top