Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 5:57:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Not for nothing but, what the hell is a 72 year old Sheriff transporting ANY prisoner. Nothing at all against the Deputy. How is any 72 year old going to defend himself in a situation?. Very sad. [:(]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
This is NUTS !

I'll bet you that the penalty will not even be very severe.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 12:34:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the penalty for killing a cop should all be the same, no matter the age of the officer, or the gender, or the situation.

The Grand Poo-Ba
Mikie
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a rope!
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Murdering a cop should have no different a penalty than murdering anyone else.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:20:25 PM EDT
[#7]
thats too bad. the same thing happened here a about a year ago or so it was an older officer who had his wife WITH him in the front seat while he drove some kid across state to face some smalltime charge like vandalism. I think he let the wife live.

Sad thing is the more stupid laws (vandalism not being one of them)we keep adding the more the general population is going to consider LEOs to be the enemy rather than the legislators.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
No, the penalty for kiling an officer should be greater...if a POS is willing to kill an officer of the law, then he is a greater risk to the general public.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think the penalty for killing a cop should all be the same, no matter the age of the officer, or the gender, or the situation.

The Grand Poo-Ba
Mikie
View Quote

I think the penalty of killing should be the same for all! Including: COPS, Gov Officals, CIVILAINS,  Military, or the President for that matter.

A persons a person.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well my friend, the fact is that murdering a LEO or Firefighter in CA is classified as a "special circumstance" and qualifies you for the death penalty.

You've gotta have teeth in the laws, or it could be open season on LEO/FF.

BTW, I agree, murder is murder. An eye for an eye.

The manner in which this officer was murdered and then the POS turns himself in makes it all the more senseless.

I'll bet they change their prisoner transport requirements now.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I just feel bad for the guy . [>Q]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:22:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen. Just because someone CHOOSES to be a cop doesn't mean that their life suddenly has any more value than mine. Murder of a fellow human being should carry the same penalty across the board regardless of who the victim is.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Why does killing a LEO make him more of a risk to society than killing me? I AM society!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top