Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 2:33:31 PM EDT
I heard that was a big problem in the last few years. Any one know if this is still going on?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Check their feedback and buy from someone in the states I knew a guy who bought one overseas off ebay and got a phone book.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:37:17 PM EDT
[#3]
That's far too general a question.

Are there illegitimate laptop listings on ebay? Sure are.

Are there illegitimate pencil holder listings on ebay? Sure are.

Nothing is 100% safe on ebay. Like the previous poster said, check the feedback. If they're from europe, reconsider. The shipping will kill you even if it's not a scam.

If the only pictures are stock photos, avoid.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Rule of thumb for all:

Never buy on Ebay from out of the country, period.

I know of a guy who had some pictures of his supercharger on his Vette on the net. He found out someone had linked to them and was using them in an ebay ad. The scammer was from Europe and linked to this guys pictures of the supercharger and was selling it as his own. The scam got busted only because the guy found out his pictures were being used.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I know someone who got a phishing letter after winning an ebay laptop auction. It was his only purchase on ebay.

Hasn't got the laptop yet either.

M4-AK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top