Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/25/2004 1:14:51 PM EDT

That is all.  Wal-Mart gets their copies late tonight.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking forward to it for a long time now.

But I doubt that it will be hard to find copies in the stores.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
www.dawnofthedeadmovie.net/

The website has a little sneak preview of the dvd extras.

I will be buying mine tomorrow (barring an outbreak of the solarum virus tonight).
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I have'nt seen it yet, but I'll give you my review.

Lots of zombies walking around munching on the living and
lots of zombies getting their heads blows off by various means
while some d rated sexual tension occurs between two of the
primary actors people in the movie. Oh yeah, lots of
gratuitous blood, guts and gore.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:32:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I might hold off a few weeks/months to buy this  DVD because I have a feeling it will be on the 8.88 dollar rack soon.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
BEER, check.....

Pizza, Check......

Comfy recliner,  Check.........

Loaded Garand, AR, O3A3, Kimbers, with spare mags, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK............

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Whooo Hoo can't wait to get my copy
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I think I might hold off a few weeks/months to buy this  DVD because I have a feeling it will be on the 8.88 dollar rack soon.

+1, even though I want it bad now, I'll kick myself in the ass in a month if it makes the cheapie rack.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I have'nt seen it yet, but I'll give you my review.

Hey there Mr. I-know-all-I-need-to-know-about-zombie-movies:

You forgot the zombie celebrity shoot off.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Some people said it wasn't scary.

Bullshit!  That movie freaked me out!  A very great and worthy zombie flick.  Andy was one cool guy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm buying DOTD and San Andreas as soon as I leave work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Bullshit!  That movie freaked me out!  A very great and worthy zombie flick.  Andy was one cool guy.

The Johnny Cash song during the intro titles freaked me out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Bullshit!  That movie freaked me out!

I have to admit, the first 10-15 minutes scared the shit out of me.

Seriously, when that little girl just walks in and takes a huge chunk out of that guy's neck in the bedroom... That was disturbing (plus she's blood-covered and has that psycho look on her face, dear god, if I ever see a little girl that looks like her even vaguely I'm going to run like hell into oncoming traffic).

Let's not forget the drive through town and the scene on the bus (2-3 zombies tearing someone apart... blood all over the damn bus).

And when that van hit the car and then went into the gas station? Whoa, that was a violent crash. Not to mention... RUNNING ZOMBIES! OMG!!!!

The Kel-Tec and the SAR-1 will be on stand-by tonight...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:12:06 PM EDT
[#14]
THEY DO EXIST!!

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit!  That movie freaked me out!

I have to admit, the first 10-15 minutes scared the shit out of me.

Seriously, when that little girl just walks in and takes a huge chunk out of that guy's neck in the bedroom... That was disturbing (plus she's blood-covered and has that psycho look on her face, dear god, if I ever see a little girl that looks like her even vaguely I'm going to run like hell into oncoming traffic).

Let's not forget the drive through town and the scene on the bus (2-3 zombies tearing someone apart... blood all over the damn bus).

And when that van hit the car and then went into the gas station? Whoa, that was a violent crash. Not to mention... RUNNING ZOMBIES! OMG!!!!

The Kel-Tec and the SAR-1 will be on stand-by tonight...

YOU SUCK!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

YOU SUCK!

If you wouldn't be scared of a little girl with a crazy look on her face and covered in blood, you're not human, that's for damn sure.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU SUCK!

If you wouldn't be scared of a little girl with a crazy look on her face and covered in blood, you're not human, that's for damn sure.

I think he ment YOU SUCK, cause you may have spoiled the opening of the movie for him....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, the Man in Black music is kinda creepy but oh so cool.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:28:41 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU SUCK!

I think he ment YOU SUCK, cause you may have spoiled the opening of the movie for him....

...How can you be an ARFCOMer and not have seen the movie yet?

Is that even possible?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:28:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Anybody have a song title for the opening credits?
Disregard - got it. "When the Man Comes Around"
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:29:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Why do you people watch this crap?
Just curious
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Will WalMart be selling the DVD late tonight? Say......like at 12:01?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Just curious

WTF?!! CRAP?! DotD?!

BLASPHEMER! HANG HIM!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:31:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Crap??

I don't understand.

This was one of the best documentaries ever.

Don't come crying to us when the zombies munch on you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YOU SUCK!

...How can you be an ARFCOMer and not have seen the movie yet?

Is that even possible?

Yes, it is....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:34:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

So maybe we need  a scare off vote on this issue..what was worse..scary little Linda Blair of spinning head and pea soup vomit fame, or the kid from DOTD? I'd say Linda, since  with her you are dealing with the Devil, while you can shoot the Zombie, even though either way, your day is going to be sucking.... if you can think of any other scary kids to compare to, throw the name/ character out there.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The little girl kicked ass!

Didn't see Linda Blair munch on anyones neck, so she doesn't score as high as the little girl in DOTD.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So maybe we need  a scare off vote on this issue..what was worse..scary little Linda Blair of spinning head and pea soup vomit fame, or the kid from DOTD? I'd say Linda, since  with her you are dealing with the Devil, while you can shoot the Zombie, even though either way, your day is going to be sucking.... if you can think of any other scary kids to compare to, throw the name/ character out there.

Chelsea Clinton is the worst.

She is like something from my worst nightmares.

And she is walking the Earth as we speak....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:40:25 PM EDT
[#29]
the Ring girl was scarry too.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Wife brought it home friday night(manages video store). GOOOOOOD STUFF!
CH
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:25:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Just curious

Because it's not crap to many of us.  It's a well made and entertaining movie that has lots of guns.

Why do people who don't like what a thread is about bother to read it and post in it?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#32]
I was pissed when they went into the gunstore and didnt get any AK's, AR's, or any other evil black rifles. it wasnt scary at all. And it all just seemed so , FAKE!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:43:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

That floating little vampire kid in Salem's Lot comes to mind...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Will WalMart be selling the DVD late tonight? Say......like at 12:01?

yes. that's usually when i get a dvd i've been waiting for to come out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I was pissed when they went into the gunstore and didnt get any AK's, AR's, or any other evil black rifles.

Everybody complains about that.  I live in Wisconsin and have a hard time seeing a place that sells the number and types of pistols that Andy's does not having at least a couple of black rifles around.  Then again the closer you get to Milwaukee the more pussified the gun stores seem to get.  

My theory is that the screen writer lives in Kalifornia and Andy's reflects what you'd see if you walked into one of their emasculated firearms emporiums.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:54:43 PM EDT
[#36]
I'll be watching here in the comfy of my own home, with the M4gery ready .

Bomber

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Bomber

www.darlynn.com/albums/Shooting/Screenshot.jpg

SUWEEET!  BTW, if you got a bud at the video store, you'd already be watchin' it!(although my screen doesn't quite compare to thebomber's)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Well duh.... AP.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Make sure you buy the directors cut, I hear there are more scenes with the guy in the gunstore in one of the specials.

BTW I bought the Zombie Survival Guide last Friday and I have already read through all of it.

Good Stuff.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:00:23 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
BEER, check.....             What he said

Pizza, Check......            What he said

Comfy recliner,  Check.........         What he said

Loaded Garand, AR, O3A3, Kimbers, with spare mags, CHECK, CHECK, CHECK............

What he s....     ...   ...   ...            WAIT A MINUTE! ...     NO ARs?

Make that ARs with USGIs/Betas, AK with mags, Benelli with bandolier, twin Glocks with G18 mags, ....  

SCREW IT! I'm emptying the safe in front of the big screen

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#42]
This is one of the best documentariesof a zombie infestation  I've seen in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:35:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Bomber

VA huh?  How about a showing for all your VA brothers.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Listen man, I owe my gun collection to "Night of the Living Dead" (1968). It was playing in the theater next to "Planet of the Apes" or something back in 1968, so my buddies and I snuck in to see it. Man, I was only 7 or 8, but ever since then I have been a firm believer in having a gun and ammo in every room. So, at least in this case Hollywood made me into a gun owner.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I will be renting it in the morning, for now south park has the zombie episode on
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bomber

VA huh?  How about a showing for all your VA brothers.  

Let's do it! We can start a post in the VA forum. Theater seats 11 comfortably. Basically everything has been upgraded since the photo was taken 2 years ago. Sharp 12000 PJ and 9' Hi Power Screen. The audio is even better!

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I'm buying DOTD and San Andreas as soon as I leave work tomorrow.

+1, don't know what to do first though, I've seen the new DOTD and want to see it again, but I've never played the new GTA and the moment I pick up the controler it won't be put down for 20 something hours.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#48]
This reminds me, I need to buy more guns, ammo and mags.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
This reminds me, I need to buy more guns, ammo and mags.

Yes, leave the house now and don't buy less than 65-lbs of ammo.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:35:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I love that movie on the top of my Greatest zombie movies list. Especially at the end when...
...J/K.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top