Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 11:41:05 AM EDT
I have voted for GWB. My wife has voted for JFK.

My wife is conservative on most things.....she really is....she was raised in a conservative Democratic household.

Every factual discussion I have had with her is useless. She just rolls her eyes....even though by her own admission she doesn't know most of  the issues.

She "just thinks we need a change in the White House."

Any of you in the same boat.....any of you as pissed as I am.

Also - here in Maine we have a ballot ref. that would prohibit trapping and baiting bears. We both voted against it....Thank God.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Nope.

Me and the little lady are "one flesh" thru and thru.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#2]
My wife just says, "Who are we voting for again?" She believes everything I do she is just productive with her day instead of surfing all dang day. Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Not me.  Mrs. Wedge and I found out we have the same politics on our first date.

eta- Have you considered "keeping" her from the polls all day?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#4]
She has the right to choose who she wants.  The important part is that as a citizen of this great country, she gets out there and votes on Nov 3rd.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
My girlfriend in college was that way.

She was very, very smart.  Graduated top of her high school class, and graduated college with a 4.0

She could just give a shit about politics, and everytime we went to vote, she would tell me she voted opposite of me, just so my candidate wouldn't win.

Now was she yankin my chain???
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#6]
You mistated you question.  "Who has a spouse who's vote you are going to cancel out?"  She isn't cancelling anything, you're doing the cancelling.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I do. I hate her politics and ceaselessly tell her how stupid she is.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:51:19 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife would throw my ass out if I didn't vote for GW so the answer is no...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:52:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Here....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:53:30 AM EDT
[#10]
You told her about the plan to ease overcrowding at the polls by having Democrats vote on Nov. 3rd haven't you?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
She has the right to choose who she wants.  The important part is that as a citizen of this great country, she gets out there and votes on Nov 3rd.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:55:33 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You told her about the plan to ease overcrowding at the polls by having Democrats vote on Nov. 3rd haven't you?

brilliant....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:57:41 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

How very PC of you...............
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:59:59 AM EDT
[#14]
I would, BUT, my wife is not registered (HAHAHA) and even if she did, she does not know where our polling place is.  (Damn thing took me an hour to find last election)

TXL
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:00:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How very PC of you...............

Read mo' carefully.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#16]
If I even thought my wife was going to vote for Kerry, I'd move to Saudi Arabia.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope, my wife is more militant against Kerry than I am.

We did disagree on only one issue. We filled out our mail-in ballots together after dinner.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
My wife just says, "Who are we voting for again?" She believes everything I do she is just productive with her day instead of surfing all dang day. Planerench out.

Sounds just like my wife.  Asks me every other day "are we Republican or Democrat?"  Every now and then she'll say she likes kerry but I think she just says that to piss me off.  That's OK thought, my son turned 18 this year, has registered to vote and thinks exactly the way I do.  That's one more vote for the good guys.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I hate Kerry equally...well almost.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Pro Bush, WHOLE family
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry man.
My wife is all set for FOUR more.
Only person in my family voting for the traitor is my Aunt... sigh....
I can't save them all.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:17:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My wife is conservative on most things.....she really is....she was raised in a conservative Democratic household.

She "just thinks we need a change in the White House."

Any of you in the same boat.....any of you as pissed as I am.

Sounds a lot like my wife.  Her parents were both Dems (I still don't know why... he owns at least 2 guns etc.).

But she voted for Bush last time (I think).  I don't think she really likes either candidate.  But she is definitely voting for Obama (against Keyes).  Got one more week to work on her.

I picked up a Bush sign for my yard a couple of days ago.  But she is getting Kerry sign just to contradict me.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Good news is my Ex won't be cancelling out my vote anymore(flaming liberal).......he

Sorry Ohio, but it is one less vote for Daschle herehinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#25]
My Girlfriend made W - 04 Cupcakes for her Birthday.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:07:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Wife and I are voting for Bush. My Mom wanted to, but my idiot father decided he'd cancel her vote by voting Kerry if she did.

I convinced them to vote for either Badnarik or Peroutka instead. My Dad is an "anyone but Bush" guy more than pro-Kerry. It was a good compromise IMO. My Mom isn't the kinda gal to keep something like that from her spouse either. "Honesty is the Best Policy" was how I was raised.

So now my Mom has said she'd vote Constitution party and my Dad is now researching the LP and liking what he sees. Odd for a retired LEO.

Maybe I was adopted...

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:22:54 PM EDT
[#29]
My wife is one of the few teachers at her school voting for Bush. The other teachers in the lounge talk about how handsome and well spoken Edwards is and how smart Kerry is.

My wife hits them with some points regarding the issues and they generally have no answer, they just kind of studder and stammer. sad, very sad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:31:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I would NEVER marry a liberal, or even someone that votes liberal!    EVER!!!     That is a formula for destruction!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I would NEVER marry a liberal, or even someone that votes liberal!    EVER!!!     That is a formula for destruction!

Your right about that, I saw the perfect example last week when I was canvassing neigborhoods for George Bush. I was only knocking on registered republicans doors and right when this particular lady answered the door I knew I was going to catch shit. She just looked like a liberal and talked like one too. I asked if she was aware of the early polling places or if she needed a sample ballot so she could vote for President Bush.
"I won't be voting for Bush, that is my stupid husband who does that". (she giggles) "We cancel our votes out", she says.

I said ok, have a nice day and thought, wow, that isn't going to last.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I am always proud of my wife's voting choices to defend this REPUBLIC.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your right about that, I saw the perfect example last week when I was canvassing neigborhoods for George Bush. I was only knocking on registered republicans doors and right when this particular lady answered the door I knew I was going to catch shit. She just looked like a liberal and talked like one too. I asked if she was aware of the early polling places or if she needed a sample ballot so she could vote for President Bush.
"I won't be voting for Bush, that is my stupid husband who does that". (she giggles) "We cancel our votes out", she says.

I said ok, have a nice day and thought, wow, that isn't going to last.  

I am very fortunate to have a very lovely girlfriend that is also a Bush supporter.  Her and her dad really like the Prez alot, but they weren't registered.  Well I fixed that problem. I also gave her dad a NRA membership for Christmas last year.    When ever I see her dad, all we do is make fun of Kerry   It's alot of fun
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:44:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I live w/a DemoCrap...daughter of a Lib DemoCrap mother and father.  I just wish I could cancel out all 3 votes with my vote!  They aren't pro kerry they are just anti-Bush.  Sad, very sad.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:46:31 PM EDT
[#35]
She told me that she is voting BUSH, and that I should too.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:47:55 PM EDT
[#36]
My GF, will not vote for bush, but being that she has a relative in FL with an electoral vote who is a dem, I have made great headway, in perhaps getting her to vore for a 3rd party.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#37]
My wife has always been (and still is) a registered Democrat and is voting for......
BUSH!

She's also a patriot and a gun owner with CCW.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Unlike my wife who is a British subject - uhh, citizen - and can't vote in US elections. Well, not legally anyway......
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
My wife is one of the few teachers at her school voting for Bush. The other teachers in the lounge talk about how handsome and well spoken Edwards is and how smart Kerry is.

My wife hits them with some points regarding the issues and they generally have no answer, they just kind of studder and stammer. sad, very sad.

What did Ann Coulter say about Democrats when they meet each other for the first time, the second thing they ask each other, after they find out each is a Democrat?

"So, where do you teach?"
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Nope.  My wife and I see eye to eye, at least in that regard.  I truly feel sorry for all of you.  My wife voting for kerry is something I would really have a problem with.  

It does point out how effective and dangerous the liberal propaganda machine is.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:12:29 PM EDT
[#41]
She WAS going to cancel mine out. After I pointed out the rampant voter fraud in Ohio and PA, and Kerry's new band of brothers (Lawyers) trying to keep Nader off of the PA ballot, she is writing in NADER!!!!!

It has pissed off all of her liberal friends!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I would NEVER marry a liberal, or even someone that votes liberal! EVER!!! That is a formula for destruction.

Hence the EX part
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#43]
My wife doesn't care about politics at all. She asks me who to vote for, I tell her what to do, and she votes. Simple enough.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#44]
my wife CAN'T vote
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:58:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
my wife CAN'T vote

Not 18 yet huh?

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:44:40 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:
my wife CAN'T vote

Not 18 yet huh?

she not a citizen
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#47]
My mom is a dem, my dad is a rep.

My uncle "nam vet" already had the talk with her about this,  So we'll see.

My wife despises Kerry/Edwards probably more then I do.  And she's originally from the PA/Maryland/Delaware area.

Better?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:03:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Did you say HAS or HAD?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:13:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Wife has been voting the same as me for the last 25 years. We also have three children that
will be voting like wise, two for thier first pres election. And a son-in -law that follows the program.

I've been doing my part

GM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top