Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 8:19:32 AM EDT
I cannot believe what happened this morning... UNFRICKINBELIEVABLE!!!!

My wife asks me this morning "Do you know what today's date is?" I said "Yeah, October 25th.... why?" She then says "Do you realize that our anniversary passed 4 days ago?"

"OH SHIT!!!"

You know guys and gals... its bad enough when ONE person forgets BUT BOTH??? We BOTH forgot it. Mind you we were running around at the doctors regarding our daughters surgery and stressed out over that... So I can at least find blame in why we both can drop the ball but, I feel like such crap right now.

My wife is more calm than I am, I just feel overstreesed overtired and now my eye is twitching. UGH!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:21:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

My wife asks me this morning "Do you know what today's date is?" I said "Yeah, October 25th.... why?" She then says "Do you realize that our anniversary passed 4 days ago?"

"OH SHIT!!!"

You know guys and gals... its bad enough when ONE person forgets BUT BOTH??? We BOTH forgot it. Mind you we were running around at the doctors regarding our daughters surgery and stressed out over that... So I can at least find blame in why we both can drop the ball but, I feel like such crap right now.

My wife is more calm than I am, I just feel overstreesed overtired and now my eye is twitching. UGH!

just remember, as bad as it is that you forgot, so did she.

That happens, it sucks. but it happens.

Sorry you have been stressed. but don't sweat it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
WOW!

How can you forget that?!?!?!?!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Your daughters health is more important then an anniversary.  No worries.  Make up for the missed day once your daughter is well.    
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:25:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Our big #10 is on Friday.  I may have not forgotten but I sure as hell don't have any ideas on what to do for her.  We kinda do whatever we want and she buys whatever she wants so it is hard to find something "special" for occasions such as this.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is this DFD that is going to have surgery?

No her younger sister. Hey but come to think about it... DFD FORGOT TOO!!!!!!! PUNISHED!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#7]
No big deal.  My wife and I have both forgotten our anniversary on several occasions.  Shit happens.  We just laugh it off, go out to eat, and have great sex to make up for it.  Relax.  Enjoy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife and I did that...

On our FIRST anniversary.
The second.
And fourth.
I'll let you know if we remember our fifth.

I even have the date engraved on the inside of my wedding band.  I guess I should have had it engraved on the OUTSIDE.  Either that or set an Outlook reminder or something.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

"OH SHIT!!!"

She is calm because it is up to you to remember.  She remembered.  She just got tired of waiting for you to bring it up. Instead of panic, you should have said:
"You mean the flowers didn't come?  I wondered why you didn't say anything."

Or

"Your present just hasn't come in yet.  The dealer said they'd have to special order it with all the options I specified.  I was hoping you wouldn't remember before it came in."

In your case, you have a good excuse.  Next time, be sure to have a good fib ready in case you don't have a present.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"OH SHIT!!!"

She is calm because it is up to you to remember.  She remembered.  She just got tired of waiting for you to bring it up. Instead of panic, you should have said:
"You mean the flowers didn't come?  I wondered why you didn't say anything."

Or

"Your present just hasn't come in yet.  The dealer said they'd have to special order it with all the options I specified.  I was hoping you wouldn't remember before it came in."

In your case, you have a good excuse.  Next time, be sure to have a good fib ready in case you don't have a present.

Nah, she screwed up too... we just laugh... I guess its a family thing because my brother and his wife just did the same thing 4 months ago. Geeez.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:21:45 AM EDT
[#13]
We've never forgot. but we've not did anything special.

Something alwys comes up about the time we be planning anything.

Deaths, hospital stays, etc.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:10:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Ours falls around Thanksgiving. We just adapt.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:12:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey, DF.  Got an idea.  After your daughters surgery and recovery is complete arrange for a family trip.  Itll help relieve the stress of this period.  It will show your wife that you are not a dolt.  And since DFD is old enough to watch her sister you can plan this trip to be somewhere rather romantic and run off with your wife for a couple of evenings alone.  
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:36:48 AM EDT
[#16]
You need to find a way to relax - reduce all this stress.  It's not healthy.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 3:54:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Same exact thing happened to me and the wife a few years back. We were at home that night, and the wife walked in to the living room and asked "It's our anniversary isn't it?".

We both cracked up. It was hard to believe that both of us actually forgot it.

I was just happy I wasn't the only one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top