Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 8:10:28 AM EDT
I need to find the symbol/charector for the word "remember"
Anyone know of a translator online or osmething I can use?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the context.  Please post an entire sentence and I will either post here or email to you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have the Japanese Language installed try babel.altavista.com/tr
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Not sure exacetlly how to use it.
I want it used almost like a one word meaning. Ive had some stuff going on in my life that i want to remember.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
My advice is not to borrow from another culture for things of personal meaning.  Oriental languages are fundamentally different than Romance languages and Germanic languages (at least in writing).  The same character can have multiple meanings depending upon context.  They are not "words" so much as ideas, so if you insist upon using a japanese character in this way, you must express the idea behind it rather than a single word.

Personally I would stick with a word in your own language that you personally understand.  A Japanese or Chinese character that someone else has to translate to you doesn't actually hold personal meaning. It could say "This guy is a shithead" or "I eat goat droppings" for all you know.

Yes Japan has a certain glamour right now, but just because something is written in Japanese doesn't make it more profound than the same thing written in English, or Latin or German or French.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya I forgot about the different context of the language.
Its not just the Japanese language that i wanted to use. I just didnt want to use english. Somethign different I guess
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Use Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Spanish, German, French, Basque, Portugese, Old or Middle English, Russian, or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top