Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2004 5:34:34 AM EDT
Is there such a thing for searching out accurate market prices for firearms?

Auction sites are hardly accurate and the manufacturer sites don't always list the "MSRP".

Some links would be nice..
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:50:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to try Gunsamerica. Granted, these are *asking* prices, but it might give you a better feel for what the going rate is. I have found over the years that those printed pricing guides can be way off.

www.gunsamerica.com
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:05:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You might want to try Gunsamerica. Granted, these are *asking* prices, but it might give you a better feel for what the going rate is. I have found over the years that those printed pricing guides can be way off.

www.gunsamerica.com

In the ball park, usually $20-50 range difference is acceptable. I don't mind those Gun Magazine ones that have the guides in the back, but they don't seem to update the images in them very often... some still show old frame Glocks, don't update the Kimber models, or they don't show the range of the various models... and they never have all the AR manufacturers.

Thanks... I'll check it out now.

ETA: Looks liek the range of prices might be more like $10-200 difference... I know I have seen the Sig GSR at gun shows for about $800-ish... they are listed on Guns America for up to $1025. Yikes. I sometimes forget that there ARE actually deals at gun shows.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Like I said, you have to remember that the prices on Gunsamerica are *asking* prices. What they may actually sell for can be a whole different matter. Used to GA did not charge for anything until the gun sold and even then it was kind of on the honor system as to when and if the gun sold. Now, I beieve they charge at least something up front so it is not to the sellers benefit to be ridiculously high on their asking price. Plus there are difference in prices due to which part of the country you live in, at least I have found that to be somewhat true. What guns around where I live might be high priced but where you live might be more reasonable.

In the end, something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

Just curious, are you trying to valuate what you have such as for insurance, etc.?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:39:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just curious, are you trying to valuate what you have such as for insurance, etc.?

No... just trying to find something that is quick and easy to jump onto for prices.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone else know any?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top