User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/25/2004 4:26:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:29:28 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
This is good, VERY good!

Agreed.  Our local polling has been trending "UP" all week.  Egggggggcellent.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Also take note that Hawaii is in play now!

4 more years!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
What about Cincinnatus' comment last night that new Zogby polling showed significant Bush leads in OH and FL? I can't find evidence of that anywhere...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:34:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:36:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't believe the map hasn't be updated yet.  Me wonders if the map is so red that he can't bring himself to change it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:36:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Things are starting to look better, and what the polls are reallly telling us
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:38:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Bush opened up a lead in Ohio AND Florida.

If that sticks, that means a win. 300+ EVs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:39:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Things are starting to look better, and what the polls are reallly telling us

Keep in mind that this late in the game, the pollers are trying to be right because they need credibility and they all want the bragging rights of predicting the winner.

I would not want to be a Kerry supporter right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:46:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Keep in mind that this late in the game, the pollers are trying to be right because they need credibility and they all want the bragging rights of predicting the winner.

That is a DAMNED good point!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Kerry is gonna lose
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:19:29 AM EDT
[#11]
taking it with a grain of salt as usual, but I have to say, I do like the light blue states out west there. I think the light has appeared and people are waking up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Bush 285Kerry 247
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:22:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Not only is electoral-vote.com showing a Bush swing to the lead, but they are predicting a Bush Final Victory as well.

Electoral Vote  Oct. 25  Kerry 247   Bush 285
http://www.electoral-vote.com/

Predicted Final Results:   Kerry 251   Bush 274
http://www.electoral-vote.com/pred/index.html

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:22:32 AM EDT
[#14]
How the heck is VA not more red....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:22:40 AM EDT
[#15]
If Kerry has even the SLIGHTEST shred of decency in him, he will concede quickly if the election goes as we think it will.

So........ Anyone want to hold their breath for me?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:29:13 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

A lot of people, at least here in Christiansburg, Blacksburg, are Kerry people.  A LOT of Kerry yard signs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A lot of people, at least here in Christiansburg, Blacksburg, are Kerry people.  A LOT of Kerry yard signs.

Ahh didn't realize there was that much support for Kerry outside of here (No. VA)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:32:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Ashamed to be an Illinioan.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:32:17 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahh didn't realize there was that much support for Kerry outside of here (No. VA)

Kerry's people had a rally on the Drill Field on Tech's campus after a football game, there were a TON of them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

VA Democrats blinded by their 'Anybody but Bush' thoughts.  They don't see the difference between themselves and a New England Democrat, but if Kerry gets elected, they will...  Talk about buyers remorse...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not so sure I put that much faith in it just yet.

I mean for those that have been paying attention FL, MN, CO, MO, AR, OH, PA, etc.
Many of these states have swung back and forth several times and I still don't see a dead lock one way or the other for them.  

It's encouraging news, but I'm still nervous.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]
we're working our butts off out here in the occupied territories!

Lot's of people getting out and spreading the word. I live in a HEAVY Republican area. I am going to volunteer some this week, too!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#23]
I noticed that the big media is pushing all out for skerry this week.  They all have interviews with that traitor this week.  Even FOX was saying the race is closer than ever.  WTF?  I love how everyone just ignores the polls to make sure ratings are better.

I couldn't get out of the house fast enough this morning....my wife turned on NBC and katie curic was interviewing the traitor. (rerun from last night's Dateline)
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:51:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I noticed that the big media is pushing all out for skerry this week.  They all have interviews with that traitor this week.  Even FOX was saying the race is closer than ever.  WTF?  I love how everyone just ignores the polls to make sure ratings are better.

I couldn't get out of the house fast enough this morning....my wife turned on NBC and katie curic was interviewing the traitor. (rerun from last night's Dateline)

It's like that Budweiser commercial from last year.... The one with the foolball referee. 4th and inces = drama , 4th and a yard = changing channels.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:52:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

VA Democrats blinded by their 'Anybody but Bush' thoughts.  They don't see the difference between themselves and a New England Democrat, but if Kerry gets elected, they will...  Talk about buyers remorse...

Add to that, the BUSH/CHENEY is taking VA for granted.

The same tactic that the Republicans took in the last VA Governors election... and you see where that got them.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:54:08 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Just get out and vote.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:21:03 AM EDT
[#28]
WOO HOO

There is alittle more red, and a lot less dark blue in that map
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:24:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Wow Cali. is not dark blue anymore.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Change of heart by the DUh guy?

Good thing "bearer of good news" I just sharpened a stick to poke you with
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:26:08 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

We seem to flip-flop between dark and light blue
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:27:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Kerry supporters on the Drill Field. Makes me sick! What a discrace to our school's military tradition.

It's too bad our state schools have been over run by liberals. I remember the anti-war crowd during the first Gulf War protesting on the VT campus.

I'm sure a lot of the yard signs are from VT faculty.

God bless Bush! We need to be strong and get our base out to vote.

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:29:06 AM EDT
[#33]
The Detroit News shows Bush having a 4% lead over Kerry in Michigan.

The Detroit Free Press shows Kerry having a 1% lead over Bush.

Either way, there is no way that Michigan should be a solid blue state. Michigan is still very much in play!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:32:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Add to that, the BUSH/CHENEY is taking VA for granted.

The same tactic that the Republicans took in the last VA Governors election... and you see where that got them.

-LS

I'm gonna disagree here.  Early lost because he wasn't a reasonable candidate in the first place.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Kerry is gonna lose

You bastard! Make up your mind! Planerench out.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:44:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kerry is gonna lose

I sure hope that this holds....
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:57:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Kerry is gonna lose

I sure hope that this holds....

it will and it will get better if we can get either MI or PA it will be considered a landslide
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#39]
I think WV will go for BUSH, Coal prices are huge which is good for Coal Miners and we see right through Skerrys fake ass fucking hunting trip!

ADD: I VOTED FOR GW BUSH ABOUT AN HOUR AGO!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
When did we change the laws of physics?  Last I checked a person can be in one place at one time... Even if you add a VP into the equation and a first and second lady you have four people covering 50 states.  EVERYBODY wishes that they could get more attention.  I would expect to see Bush and Cheney in Virginia and Wes Virginia in the next week, but come on people... Bush hasn't made ANY visits to NY other than the convention and a swing through Manhattan for a high dollar fund raiser.  I'd love a little attention, but both campaigns have written us off.  And while I hate to say it, but carrying the Great Lakes states and that region is more important than Virginia.  I hope he does return to Virginia and West Virginia, especially since he is likely to hit DC at some point and its a short trip over, but the campaign is going full tilt and there are only so many hours in a day.

Did I say anything about a visit?

I'd just like to see a more organized effort, walk neighborhoods, put out signs, have booths at local events, phone banks... etc.

-LS
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:14:08 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Hasn't been for awhile.

45 states...but we must get out and vote!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When did we change the laws of physics?  Last I checked a person can be in one place at one time... Even if you add a VP into the equation and a first and second lady you have four people covering 50 states.  EVERYBODY wishes that they could get more attention.  I would expect to see Bush and Cheney in Virginia and Wes Virginia in the next week, but come on people... Bush hasn't made ANY visits to NY other than the convention and a swing through Manhattan for a high dollar fund raiser.  I'd love a little attention, but both campaigns have written us off.  And while I hate to say it, but carrying the Great Lakes states and that region is more important than Virginia.  I hope he does return to Virginia and West Virginia, especially since he is likely to hit DC at some point and its a short trip over, but the campaign is going full tilt and there are only so many hours in a day.

Did I say anything about a visit?

I'd just like to see a more organized effort, walk neighborhoods, put out signs, have booths at local events, phone banks... etc.

-LS

that's local stuff, get involved and organize it!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#44]
What I dont understand is, the local news around here (Minnesota) has W in the lead by 4 to 5 points. The + and - is 3 points.  Why is that map still partially blue and not red?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:18:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
If Kerry has even the SLIGHTEST shred of decency in him, he will concede quickly if the election goes as we think it will.

There are 700 lawyers in the wings to contest that point. Just wait, it's not over Nov. 2nd.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:46:45 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are 700 lawyers in the wings to contest that point. Just wait, it's not over Nov. 2nd.

If Kerry looses enough states, it will be over...

For a challenge to work, you have to be able to challenge enough places to get the EVs to win...
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't either.

My neighborhood (in the Hampton Roads area) has maybe 6 or 7 yard signs up - all are Bush/Cheney.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#48]
it's hard to beleive that a person can take 2/3 of the nation and still loose an election.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:30:35 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
it's hard to beleive that a person can take 2/3 of the nation and still loose an election.

Uh...  How about losing the popular vote, yet winning...  It's simply how the system works.  It's nither straight popular, nor geographically based.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 8:35:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Keep your chin up.  Think of yourself as a pioneer for truth and right.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top