Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 12:41:38 AM EDT
news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8691

Three Aussies hurt in Baghdad blast
18:31 AEST Mon Oct 25 2004

Three Australian soldiers have been injured in an explosion near the Australian embassy in Baghdad.

Australian Defence Force spokesman Brigadier Mike Hannan told reporters an Australian convoy of three armoured personnel carriers were attacked.

An explosive device hidden in a separate vehicle caused the blast, he said.

Two Australian vehicles were damaged and three Australian soldiers were injured.

Mr Hanna said Iraqi civilians were also injured, clarifying earlier reports that two Iraqi civilians had died.

One of the Australians had received facial injuries, another was concussed, and the third was treated for minor abrasions and had been released.

advertisement
"There were no diplomats travelling with the convoy at the time of the incident," Brig Hannan said.

The blast occurred about 1500 AEST (0800 Baghdad time) about 350 metres from the Australian embassy in Baghdad, he said.

Brig Hannan said the incident was the first time Australian vehicles had been directly attacked in Iraq.

APCs they r talking about would be our LAVs.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:45:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You changed your avatar. I didn't recognize you.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You changed your avatar. I didn't recognize you.

Havent had a VB for a month or so so I figured I better change it
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for sticking it out there with us. Australia could be considered our best ally. They even went to Vietnam with us.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 2:07:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks for sticking it out there with us. Australia could be considered our best ally. They even went to Vietnam with us.

Yes they were in Vietnam, the RAR was our 3rd Bat and some of the best of the best. ( 173d Abn Brigade) Our reunion in 06 ( I think its 06 ) is being held down under.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:57:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes they were in Vietnam, the RAR was our 3rd Bat and some of the best of the best. ( 173d Abn Brigade) Our reunion in 06 ( I think its 06 ) is being held down under.  

My good mate's dad was 6RAR IIRC.  He died a few years ago though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top