Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 8:00:01 PM EDT
Drudge mentioned a plane in Chicago possibly involving an emergency landing.

Anybody have info?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I think some Nascar people died.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I think some Nascar people died.

SGatr15

That was in Virginia...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#3]
That were in VA, the actual plane crash that is. Most of Rick Hendrick's family was killed, his brother, son, two nieces, 10 people in all. Some dick head interviewed Mark Martin about it. His family was killed in a plane crash in NV a few years back. "Something terrible happened, it also happened to you a few years ago. Tell us what it FEELS like."
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#4]
United 835 from O'Hare to Brazil had to return due to mechanical problems.  No further incident.

Please return to your regularly scheduled programming at this time.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:13:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Further proof that nascar is evil.  Those affiliated with the "sport" are being smited a few at a time.  

ETA:  Ban NASCAR!  Do it for the CHILDREN!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
It's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That were in VA, the actual plane crash that is. Most of Rick Hendrick's family was killed, his brother, son, two nieces, 10 people in all. Some dick head interviewed Mark Martin about it. His family was killed in a plane crash in NV a few years back. "Something terrible happened, it also happened to you a few years ago. Tell us what it FEELS like."

Mark Martin should have knocked him the fuck out, posted pics, then asked him what that felt like.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mark Martin should have knocked him the fuck out, posted pics, then asked him what that felt like.

A BIG ASS PLUS ONE FOR THAT!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Me and a firend of mine were talking about it tonight (we are both pilots) and we just thought its wierd seems like the aviation community is having a bad time this week, This makes what 3 planes in less than a week having an almost total fatal outcome for all of them. I think the first lately was a Pinnacle CRJ that wnet down(dont have the details on this one if someone could send me a link would be greately appreciated), the Corporate Airline Jetstream 32 (know some people that fly for them), and now the Beech that went down with part of the Hendrix family in it. Sad when this kindda thing happens
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Crashes are always a shame. However, I dont think this is anything out of the ordinary. What is different is the amount of coverage the media will give. That King Air crash today was pilot error, IMHO, due to IMC to minimums, and a previous approach to missed. They were on thier second try. That CRJ is mechanical IMHO, but more details are needed. I think that commuter crash was pilot fatigue/error. Flying is safer than driving, but when your number is up, its REALLY up.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:46:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Yeah I talked to a friend about the Commuter crash in Missouri and it just honestly sounded like they came in too low on the Loc approach. But like you said CFII this kind of thing happens jsut deppends on how big the company or persons on board are to the ammount of coverage the crash gets
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Was on a US Airways Express-PSA flight on friday (10/22)  from Charlotte to Milwaukee...had to divert to Dayton due a hydraulic pump failure.  Stayed overnight in OH and caught the first flight back in the morning.  First time I've ever been stranded overnight.  Strange week indeed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top