Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2001 6:14:49 PM EDT
http://www.fnfal.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/006471.html

Be sure to read the post they made themselves.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#1]
What a bunch of A-holes!
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 6:51:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#3]
See PAUL's link in the "Buying from RGuns" thread. If enough people tell SGN, maybe they'll drop their sorry *ss!
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I was cruising aroundon the FAL site this afternoon and saw it. I have seen their ads in Shotgun New of a long time; I e-mailed them and let them know what a scumbag they had for an advertsier. Looks like this one is gonna be on every gun board their is. The idiot that wrote the post from R Guns must be an In bred. His parents probably didnt realize that siblings shouldn't date each other.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 7:59:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds like another hot headed company owner we all know about.  Shouldn't need to name the company name but the owner is well known by those who tried to voice their complaints to him, ol' Bob is the friendly sort.

If a customer has a valid complaint and they get slammed for it then the company should go down in a ball of flames.  If the customer makes an ass of himself while voicing a complaint then the situation becomes a little more complex, first the company management should try to smooth things over and once they've tried to correct the situation if the customer is still acting like an ass then I say it's okay for company management to right the customer off for the asshole that they are.

There's always two sides to the argument, did the customer really call the company and make an ass of himself on the phone?  If he did then maybe R-guns wasn't so pathetic for complaining to the local PD of the customer's home town, I might not have done it but it depends on the level of harrasment.  If the customer did no such thing and R-guns was just puffing out their chest and trying to sound like they have the upper hand, they need to get slammed hard for it.

Nice thing about the gun forums, all of them, is that the word tends to spread pretty quickly about which companies to watch out for.  Once you see about 15-25 people who have experienced problems it starts to show a trend that isn't worth risking.

GovtThug, hope you're joking.  I've never known you to mis-spell fully 3/4 of the words on one of your postings.
Did you take time to read the rest of the thread?  Seems a few other people have issues with the company, there are always people totally satisfied with service they received just as there are always people who are not satisfied with the service they received.  I'm not ready to totally believe what either party is claiming in this case, but the third hand reports by other memebers on that board do lend some value to what the complaining customer has said.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#6]
GovtThug, I dunno ifin' anybody else got it but I did. roflmao [:D]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#7]
GovtThug - I have belonged to FAL files for a while now.
We always report when we make a purchase that has gone bad, and the company won't make good on it.It is for everyones benefit.
Believe me, there are way more reviews about purchases that are great than bad.
Yea we bitch at each other, cuss and swear, even talk bad about individuals and companies.
But we NEVER EVER post someones personal information on a bulletin board to see.
That's like spitting in someones food........
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
GovtThug, I dunno ifin' anybody else got it but I did. roflmao [:D]
View Quote

I have to admit that I was a bit concerned too.  So many people online are such terrible spellers (maybe myself included) that I usually just skim for meaning.

I actually did not take notice of any of the misspelling until after reading Uglygun's post and then yours. LOL
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#9]
i wonder if paul(308)podhorn works for these fools?mmk
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#10]
lawndart, if you ever actally do lawndart, i hopee you do in on my lawn and land headfirst, so i can take avantage of the situaition.
View Quote

Well, I'll just have to "watch my back" then.
[:D]

Also just noticed that the quote feature needs (IMHO) to have the "originally posted by" put back in.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#11]
dizzyroaster, i do'nt no why you are macking fun off me, bout you can rotf floor all you want, and kiss my ao.
View Quote
 I'm forwrding a coppy of this to your local police dept. [spank]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#12]
lawndart, if you ever actally do lawndart, i hopee you do in on my lawn and land headfirst, so i can take avantage of the situaition.
View Quote
I laughed so hard at this sh** (can't say shit on AR15.com)I sprayed pepsi all over my keyboard and suffered severe electrical shock. I hope your happy Thuggo. [BD]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#13]
This story is beginning to stink. Credibility is questionable on both sides and I don't like jumping to conclusions based on one story that featured a stocking fee that jumped from 30% to 20% in one sentence flat.  

OK...send up the red flag on the firm but hold off on the lynching for a few days. These kind of cases are best left to Judge Judy.

Link Posted: 2/10/2001 9:06:14 PM EDT
[#14]
GovtThug is sleeping with Judge Judy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#15]
GOVTHUG- [:D]  I almost did a spit take after your first post.

After reading the response of rguns on fal I wouldn't order from them for fear that they would misspell my address.  They probably got the ammo order wrong because they couldn't read the request.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 4:11:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I think GovtThug is vying for FrankTheSpank's position as resident phycho. [%|] But I have to admit I was laughing my ass off.

Getsome, credibility or no credibility, RGuns posted the man's name, address, and phone number in a public forum for all to see (including phycho's like GovtThug). They crossed the line. They have absolutely no credibility as the result of it.

mattja

Link Posted: 2/11/2001 5:28:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I agree 100% with what MATTJA said.  Did you read the reply from R-Guns ?? Absoulutly unbelievable !  "Coppy to you local police dept"  For a Return?  WTF?  Apparently they can (and do) evaluate your mental status through a handwriting analysis free of charge.

Incedently, thy have evaluated GOVTTHUG and found him to be completely stable and no threat to society.

BD
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 7:01:41 AM EDT
[#18]
I`ll be looking for them at gunshows.
They wont get any more money from me. BTT
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 9:00:18 AM EDT
[#19]
i sent 'em an e-mail ,no reply from 'em yet.from what i've been reading if there's a board that's gun related it's been posted there.mmk
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Getsome, credibility or no credibility, RGuns posted the man's name, address, and phone number in a public forum for all to see (including phycho's like GovtThug). They crossed the line. They have absolutely no credibility as the result of it.

mattja
View Quote

mattja,
If all said is true then I would be the 1st one to march on R-Guns with torch in hand but I do not like joining in on a stampede without knowing all the facts. It would be too easy to set someone up for a fall here with only the stroke of a Key board. Many other comments made about R-Guns were positive with most people getting what they ordered and others not happy but getting their cash back.

If someone tells me mattja voted Democratic, wears silk panties and howls at the moon I will not believe it until I either see it or hear it from other credible sources.

You aren't a Democrat are you?

Link Posted: 2/11/2001 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#21]
I too, don't believe in letting emotional decision be the basis of my own boycott for a certain company/person. If RGUNS and Mac-V need to resolve their problems within themselves, so be it. BUT what really pissed me off about the whole situation is when RGUNS posted "personal information" about Mac-V,... they (rguns) posted his name, address and phone #. This is where i draw the line. I know that other folks feel that they need to know both sides of the story, so would I,... but when RGUNS did that posting (personal info),.. i'm totally against it. It's totally uncalled for and very unprofessional of any company to do such a thing. There is NO need to post someone else info on the internet, you should have trust and faith in any company that you deal with, that they will protect your personal info, and RGUNS violated that trust .So,.. i'm for a boycott of RGUNS !!!

A friend of mine just gave me RGUNS catalog about a month ago, well, i definitely won't need it now,.. and i will convinced him to join me in my boycott of RGUNS.

BOYCOTT RGUNS!!!!! [:(!]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Getsome, you got me, but I'm in therapy now so hopefully I'll get better in a couple of years. But I will miss the feeling of silk caressing my hairy butt.

However, if you were to post my name, address, and telephone number along with your criticism of my fetish for silk panties, then you would be the person in need of therapy, not I.

I've never purchased anything from RGuns, but I have heard in the past that sell used gear as new. Moreover, I am not one to jump on the bandwagon. However, they posted their customer's personal information in a public forum. How can their actions be defended? I just don't see it.

matt "silk panties" ja
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#24]
After reading R-Guns post,  I think it was someone just posting to piss people off.  It just doesn't look very believable to me.  Just my .02.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 3:55:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I believe the complaint is true, just not the response from R-Guns as posted on the FAl board.  If you had a Gun business would you respond on a well read gun board in that way?

Edited because I didn't see the address posted by R-Guns.  Wow!  That was an F-ed up thing to do to a customer!
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 6:13:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Does R-guns sell BullShit spray because I could use a can after reading this story.  It doesn't fit.  The company receives pallots of ammo packed in cases.  You request a case, it's pulled from stock and shipped out.  It's not worth paying an employee to create a mixed case of old ammo.  Then the guy is saying someone was hand buffing the green off the brass.  

BULLSHIT! [puke]
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top