Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/24/2004 5:29:51 PM EDT
Are you one of those lazy asshats that leaves your shooping cart in the parking lot?

If yes, then justify yourself.

If you put in in the parking lot cart holder then we cooooool.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:30:28 PM EDT
[#1]
huh
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:31:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.

I leave it in one of the shopping-cart holders in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 for lazy asshats....my jeep has 2 big dents in it because of these sorry ass people!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I feel I'm providing job security to a hard working lot attendant/bag-boy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#5]
+1, atleast give it to somebody walking in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:33:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I think they have new navgation devices on shopping carts, mine always seem to make their way towards cars with Kerry/Edwards stickers on them.

I am kidding of course, I don't damage other peoples property just because they have different beliefs than me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn I hate those people.  Motherfucker can't walk 75 feet and put it in the buggy bin?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes I do.  Except for Safeway, because they design their parking lots where the cart returns are 1/2 way up the lot so I don't have to walk all the way back to the front of the store.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
+1 for lazy asshats....my jeep has 2 big dents in it because of these sorry ass people!

Just call it "rock damage" and use it to get chicks

dents in a jeep add character
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#11]
WTF?   Yes I leave it in the lot...in the little shopping cart havens set up here and there.

Who doesn't?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:15 PM EDT
[#12]
if there is no cart return i leave them there.  You know why?  I've worked as a bagger twice and the only joy in that job is going out in a tiny lot and spending an hour pushing carts back in instead of dealing with wank customers.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll bet they're the same people who don't open doors for women.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:35 PM EDT
[#14]
No...but I did once back over a cart, left by said asshat, and then proceed to drive halfway out of the lot with it lodged under my rear differential.

4" lift, 35" tires and custom bumpers = mashed cart
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:35:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Why the heck would I push a shopping cart?

"Womanz, get yor butt to the store an' git" me some food."

"Don't get all that cheap crap at Walmart, you'll need a cart to hold it."

and such.

That's like driving your wife's car.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I put mine in the corral in the lot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#17]
No, but I often park those that I find near me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:41:02 PM EDT
[#18]
You're supposed to return those things?  Oops - I've got a huge collection...

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
You just hit on one of my biggest pet peeves!

I HATE the fuckers that are too lazy to put the cart back.

Heck, now places even have racks IN THE LOT and people still can't manage to push their cart even TO THEM.

Just last week I watched some guy spend nearly 5 minutes trying to get a cart to not roll when he let go of it - he reminded me of someone trying to get a pool rack just right on a lumpy table.  In that time, he could have walked back and forth to the front of the store with his cart several times.  Instead, he left it where it blocked a space and was bound to ding a car once the next wind hit.

Ignorant asses, every one of 'em.

I have had fuckers tell me "they pay people to pick these up." NO THEY DON'T (well, Wal-mart might).  Regular store employes who could be helping customers have to waste time gathering up carts from the greater parking lot area (some enf up across the street, out back, etc. at any given store.  ALL BECAUSE FUCKERS ARE TOO LAZY TO PUSH AN EMPTY CART BACK WHERE THEY GOT IT.

AND IT'S A "CART," NOT A "BUGGY!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I use an earth-friendly unbleached muslin shopping bag so I don't have to worry about recycling. Once a month I hang the handles over my wife's arms and comb her pits. When I have about a peck of harvested pit hair, I spin it into yarn and crochet the ankle socks I wear with my Teva sandals. I try to be respectful of the environment and of others, so when I find a cart in the parking lot, I tie it to the bumper of my Volvo with natural hemp rope and tow it along until I find a homeless person who needs it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Man, the poll seems to indicate a high number of secrete agent pooper pirates here at ARFCOM
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:45:50 PM EDT
[#22]
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quoted:
I use an earth-friendly unbleached muslin shopping bag so I don't have to worry about recycling. Once a month I hang the handles over my wife's arms and comb her pits. When I have about a peck of harvested pit hair, I spin it into yarn and crochet the ankle socks I wear with my Teva sandals. I try to be respectful of the environment and of others, so when I find a cart in the parking lot, I tie it to the bumper of my Volvo with natural hemp rope and tow it along until I find a homeless person who needs it.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:45:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I FUCKING HATE THAT!

A stray cart hit my car once and left a softball size dent in it. There are fucking cart corrals on every other isle, you lazy bastards! I would kill all those fuckers if I could get away with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Excellent.  Then you can wait until they climb into it at night to bed down, and push them off a cliff.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:48:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Sometimes. The only time I leave it in the parking lot is when I am at wal Mart
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#27]
LMFAO @ FLAl1A
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#28]
It should be legal to shoot peoplesmack people upside the head when you see them do that.  It seems like every time I go to the store, some dumb, lazy POS just lets their cart sit there when they're only a few feet from a corral.  One dumb bitch just let her cart go and watched it smack into my jeep, then drives away.  Granted, I don't care about dents in the jeep, but that is a stomach-turning lack of regard for other peoples' property.  Play nice or stop breathing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#29]
I was a cart pusher for a couple years at a local grocery store
I never leave my cart, and you'll often catch me putting 3 or 4 that I find into the corral when I'm shopping
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#30]
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
My hat is off to you sir!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:56:38 PM EDT
[#31]
not me, my OCD kicks in an I make them all neat inside the racks by pushing them forawrd while the wife shakes her head.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:57:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I put them in the proper place.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:01:26 PM EDT
[#33]
I usually just let it roll away. I figure it will stop when it hits a car. Maybe leave it in a handicap parking place since no one ever uses them anyway.  Another thing I like to do is file a big flat place on one of the wheels so it bumps up and down.  Old twine spun around the axle on a back wheel makes the buggy pull to one side too. That's funny! I like to take spit candy slobber on the handle so the next person feels that sticky stuff when they grab it and just outside the door, I drop my used chewing gum on the ground.

Now that's fun!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:04:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I stuff in in the holder, then I post pics.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#35]
I actually had the exreem misfortune to be the "cart guy" at K-Mart for over 2 years, saying that I hate the asshats is an extreem f%@&ing understatement, I have a major pathological f&$%ing sadistic hatred of them and asshat doesn't come close to describeing it, I litterly was tempted on more than one occasion to run one over with a whole train of carts, do you have any idea what it's like to walk around a parking lot for 7 hours strait with the sun beating down in 90 degree heat?.... I do....  Or how about gathering carts in the middle of a thunderstorm  with horizontal rain, 50+ mile per hour wind, lightning strikes all around, and a steadily flooding parking lot?....  I do....  Or how about a blizzard, do you have any idea how tricky it is to push a train of shopping carts through a few inches of snow, with snow in your shoes, slipping on ice, and scaleing snow banks to retreave carts that some stupid SOB thought would be funny to put up there?.... I do....  Or how about keeping the carts filled while simultaniously attempting to carry a phuton out the door for a customer, then load it in there 2 door miniature car, and not be thanked, get a 500 pound patio set out of the back drag it down stares hunt for a flatbed that the night crew so considerately hid, then hall it out front, then take it back and put it back upstairs and get another because the customer changed there mind and wants another one, then drag it to the front, wait for the customer to get through the line, take it outside, tie it to the roof of there extended roof van, again not get thanked, mix paint for another customer who keeps changeing there mind, find out that the mixer needs to be refilled refill that, then mix 10 cans of paint, go in back get a mop, fill a bucket, go to the pantry to clean up the mess some klutz made, pick up the glass with bare hands, return the mop and bucket, then go upstairs climb through the disaster area that used to be the shelf room to find 50 obscure sized shelfs and brackets, drag them down the stairs one by one, only to find out that the cart you have to have to take them to sporting googs to hang up isn't there because there arn't any carts in the building, so balance that and the 10 other things you have to do, and did I mention that the phycotic Nazi store manager wants it all done in 15 minutes?.... I do....

I don't work there anymore but seeing carts scattered around parking lots because people were to lazy to put them away is still a pet peave of mine, doing the carts is enough work without haveing to trapes all over the parking lot to find them....  Whats worse is that I see people that litterly park right next to the cart coral and are still to lazy to push there cart into the coral, then theres the days when it's windy, when you have to litterly run after the carts, then trying to push trains of carts against the wind to push them in, sometimes the carts would actually be blown out of the parking lot, accross a busy 4 lane street and and up in someones lawn on the other side, and theyed send me out to retreave them, and then theres the the people that on even non windy days when theres alot of carts in the lot that come in and bitch about the carts even if there really isn't any out there which resulted in my being called out to go get them if I wasn't already, and yelled at by the Nazi manager, and then those people that see you comeing pushing a train of carts then procede to stand in the doorway and not move....  Moral of the story if you get a cart put it where it's supposed to go, and respect the cart guy, OK rant off....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I will not walk half a parking lot to put a cart in a return place.  If they have them reasonably close, I will.  Every time.  If it's especially far (Wal-Mart), and it's obvious they would rather have the customer do it than hire someone...No way.  I like how you are supposed to put your own bags in the cart at Wal-Mart now too.  Didn't notice a price drop, just less work for them and more for me.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Yes.

I leave it in one of the shopping-cart holders in the parking lot.

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Shopping carts are for the lazy.  If I can't carry it out of the store, I don't deserve it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#39]
It's not that I am lazy.  It's a matter of principle.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:14:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I actually had the exreem misfortune to be the "cart guy" at K-Mart for over 2 years, saying that I hate the asshats is an extreem f%@&ing understatement, I have a major pathological f&$%ing sadistic hatred of them and asshat doesn't come close to describeing it, I litterly was tempted on more than one occasion to run one over with a whole train of carts, do you have any idea what it's like to walk around a parking lot for 7 hours strait with the sun beating down in 90 degree heat?.... I do....  Or how about gathering carts in the middle of a thunderstorm  with horizontal rain, 50+ mile per hour wind, lightning strikes all around, and a steadily flooding parking lot?....  I do....  Or how about a blizzard, do you have any idea how tricky it is to push a train of shopping carts through a few inches of snow, with snow in your shoes, slipping on ice, and scaleing snow banks to retreave carts that some stupid SOB thought would be funny to put up there?.... I do....  Or how about keeping the carts filled while simultaniously attempting to carry a phuton out the door for a customer, then load it in there 2 door miniature car, and not be thanked, get a 500 pound patio set out of the back drag it down stares hunt for a flatbed that the night crew so considerately hid, then hall it out front, then take it back and put it back upstairs and get another because the customer changed there mind and wants another one, then drag it to the front, wait for the customer to get through the line, take it outside, tie it to the roof of there extended roof van, again not get thanked, mix paint for another customer who keeps changeing there mind, find out that the mixer needs to be refilled refill that, then mix 10 cans of paint, go in back get a mop, fill a bucket, go to the pantry to clean up the mess some klutz made, pick up the glass with bare hands, return the mop and bucket, then go upstairs climb through the disaster area that used to be the shelf room to find 50 obscure sized shelfs and brackets, drag them down the stairs one by one, only to find out that the cart you have to have to take them to sporting googs to hang up isn't there because there arn't any carts in the building, so balance that and the 10 other things you have to do, and did I mention that the phycotic Nazi store manager wants it all done in 15 minutes?.... I do....

I don't work there anymore but seeing carts scattered around parking lots because people were to lazy to put them away is still a pet peave of mine, doing the carts is enough work without haveing to trapes all over the parking lot to find them....  Whats worse is that I see people that litterly park right next to the cart coral and are still to lazy to push there cart into the coral, then theres the days when it's windy, when you have to litterly run after the carts, then trying to push trains of carts against the wind to push them in, sometimes the carts would actually be blown out of the parking lot, accross a busy 4 lane street and and up in someones lawn on the other side, and theyed send me out to retreave them, and then theres the the people that on even non windy days when theres alot of carts in the lot that come in and bitch about the carts even if there really isn't any out there which resulted in my being called out to go get them if I wasn't already, and yelled at by the Nazi manager, and then those people that see you comeing pushing a train of carts then procede to stand in the doorway and not move....  Moral of the story if you get a cart put it where it's supposed to go, and respect the cart guy, OK rant off....

I worked as a loader at Lowe's for two years.  I think we had the same manager / customers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

DAMN!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:17:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

What principle would that be?

You're just lazy.

The corrals are there for lazy people - you are clearly even too lazy for that.  They take up valuable parking spaces - and you think there should be more!!  You should be putting the cart back away where you got it from.  Why is that so hard to comprehend - putting something back where you got it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:21:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

What's your point? Weren't you paid while you were doing all those things you describe?  When stores quit making their employees carry the bags out and tried to get the customer to do store work, well, you get what you got.

If all you can do is push buggys around a WalMart/KMart parking lot you ought to be thankful there is a place that would hire you. Rant? That aint no rant.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Yes, why not, it keeps someone employed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just lazy.

The corrals are there for lazy people - you are clearly even too lazy for that.  They take up valuable parking spaces - and you think there should be more!!  You should be putting the cart back away where you got it from.  Why is that so hard to comprehend - putting something back where you got it?

Actually, if you ask to have the cart pushed out to your car, you won't have to worry about it because the store maintenance will then be handled by the people who are paid to do it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:...

If all you can do is push buggys around a WalMart/KMart parking lot you ought to be thankful there is a place that would hire you. Rant? That aint no rant.

Are you one of those morons who complains when you can't get help to carry your 36" TV to your Cadillac and then complain because you can't get help - often because the guys who could help are out chasing carts all over the neighborhood?  You probably also bitch as if it's their fault when it is too big for the trunk - and expect the emplyess to help you tie it down.  I bet you also bitch because you can't get service inside the stores.  There is plenty of work to be done at K-mart.  Nobody has time to chase down carts - or help assholes who can't help themselves.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just lazy.

Actually, if you ask to have the cart pushed out to your car, you won't have to worry about it because the store maintenance will then be handled by the people who are paid to do it.

Those VERY people are the ones that are often NOT avaliable to help folks like you BECAUSE THEY ARE CHASING CARTS ALL OVER THE NEIGHBORHOOD!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Yes, why not, it keeps someone employed.

No.

It's cashiers, baggers, loader, etc. who have to pick up your mess for you.  I bet you also flick cigarette butts on the deck?  Don't get me started on THAT rant!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:28:19 PM EDT
[#49]
I had that job because I was still in school at the time I don't have it now, your statement infuriates me, yeah I was paid not nearly enough, I'll put it this way when I started working there there was 5 people at a time doing what I did and that was just barely enough, by the time I was done I was the only person doing it I was doing the work of 5 people, not pushing the carts back is just sheer laziness the corals are there for a reason your probably the guy who parks right next top one and is still to lazy to use it, that creats extra work for the cart guy, and you know who gets yelled at when there not all picked up, or when one hits a car I'll give you a hint it's not you....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally ?Posted By Adam_White:
Those VERY people are the ones that are often NOT avaliable to help folks like you BECAUSE THEY ARE CHASING CARTS ALL OVER THE NEIGHBORHOOD!

Or they could just hire more people.

But then that would cut into profits, so instead of hiring enough people to get the job done most places will just settle for the bare minimum.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top