Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 2:52:54 PM EDT
www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/9999999.htm?1c

Posted on Sun, Oct. 24, 2004

Highway shooting investigated

The Associated Press

ST. LOUIS — Authorities are investigating whether the shooting of an Indiana truck driver on Interstate 44 may be linked to eight other possible shootings in recent months along the interstate.

The truck driver, 34-year-old Amy Holder of Paris Crossing, Ind., was shot in the head Thursday and released from a hospital Friday. She was the first person injured in nine cases of vehicle windows inexplicably shattering in daylight since Feb. 26 along a 10-mile stretch of I-44 in and near Bourbon.

Bourbon is about 70 miles southwest of St. Louis.

“Based on the pattern of other incidents, it's possible we may be dealing with a sniper-type situation,” Bourbon Police Chief Bill Williams said Saturday.

“We're not saying it is, but we'd be foolish not to acknowledge that it's a concern.”

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Pissed off Astros fan???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Where all the other drivers form Indiana?

I'm about 30 minutes from Indiana, and while not all fall into this category, They do tend to drive slow and always in the left lane.

Seriously though, maybe we should get the ARFCOM army to go to St. Louis and do a counter-op on this SOB.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The truck driver, 34-year-old Amy Holder of Paris Crossing, Ind., was shot in the head Thursday and released from a hospital Friday.

How can any be shot in the head and be released from the hospital? Could it be a 25ACP round?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish they would stop calling these criminals "snipers."

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Where all the other drivers form Indiana?

I hope not. I pull RV trailers out of Wakarusa, IN. every week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:02:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I found more of the story.

[snip]

Amy Holder, 34, of Paris Crossing, Ind., was shot near her left temple while her husband rested in the semi rig's sleeper compartment.

Holder, screaming and bleeding, managed to pull the tractor-trailer to the shoulder. Her husband drove to a nearby gas station and summoned police, Williams said.

A bullet fragment found in the truck - the first actual evidence of a shooting in any of the suspected cases - has been forwarded to the Missouri State Highway Patrol for testing, Williams said.

The worries parallel those earlier this year in Ohio, where authorities investigated more than 20 shootings - including one death - along a five-mile stretch of Interstate 270 in Columbus. A suspect arrested in March in that case has pleaded not guilty.

[/snip]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#7]

“Based on the pattern of other incidents, it's possible we may be dealing with a aggrivated shooter situation,” Bourbon Police Chief Bill Williams said Saturday.

Fixed it..

Sniper-style my fucking ass!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably a pissed off Kerry supporter trying to "prove a point" about the AWB expiring.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah seriously how do you take a head shot presumably from a rile and get released just fine from the hospital?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Heh - I've been to Bourbon many times - that's a tiny little town!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Probably a pissed off Kerry supporter trying to "prove a point" about the AWB expiring.

The same kind of nutjob who loads a round in a pistol at a gunshow, puts the gun back on the sale table, and walks away....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top