Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 11:32:28 AM EDT
I work with a British guy. He claims to be Aussie, but he's british. He was whining the other day because his brother is over from Britain and wanted to try shooting an AK. He'd lined up someone to take them shooting, but the guy couldn't make it at the last minute.

I had to speak up. I told him I could show him and his brother a good time.

I only have an AR-15, but my nephew, who looks like your typical oversized skinhead hooligan, has an AK-47, an SKS and an AR-15. I set it up that we would meet at 8:00 this morning.

I packed up my AR-15, Remington 700 30-06, bolt action .22 rifle, .22 semi-auto target pistol, 40 S&W pistol, .44 magnum and Thompsen Encore in 7mm-08. I figured that was enough for fun.

I swing by my nephews place this morning at 7:30. I wake his brother up, he tells me the kid never came home. Now I know he was 60 miles away helping to put a roof on yesterday. luckily, the phone rings, the kid is on his way.

The phone rings again, it's the Brit, he's running late. The kid arrives, we load up and head to the meeting place. We get there, nobody there. I call the Brit, he's on his way. After about 5 minutes they arrive. The Brit's wife is driving, the Brit and his brother are massively hung over. The brother brought his girlfriend, a cute little FRENCH girl!

We go the the quarry where we'll be shooting. None of them have ever shot before, so I give the safety lectures.

We started with the .22's, and worked through every gun that we had along. The guys even shot my Thompsen Encore, and that thing KICKS.

They loved the AK and the AR's. The AR had an edge with it's better trigger. They were amazed at how easy it was to hit what they shot at.

By the time we were low on ammo the guns were to hot to touch.

The French girl only shot the .22's. She said that she only wanted to shoot once, but she did empty a few magazines from each gun.

Several hundred rounds later, I think these guys need a new hobby! And they claimed that their hangovers had disappeared.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Awsome bro, good job!! BTW- It's a mag, not a clip... yes i'm very anal about that lol.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Magazine, NOT clip.

Keep in touch with the French chick.  Interest her in the stuffed pooper picts posting.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
TTIUWP!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
TTIUWP!!!!!

Tiny Trollops In Underwater Pictures?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Took a Brit shooting yesterday to the Fall NY Calverton shoot.

He had a great time. This was the second time he had been shooting. The other time was at the Spring NY Calverton shoot.

Taking someone shooting is addictive. I have never taken someone shooting that didn't end up having a great time.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:59:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
TTIUWP!!!!!

Tiny Trollops In Underwater Underwear Pictures?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry about using the word "clip".
I Know Better, really I do.

Regarding the Little French sweety, and her pooper, I don't think that would be very polite to her boyfriend. Also, I'm married.

I get to work with a lot of people with international backgrounds and nationalities. I've dealt with a lot of frenchmen that were pricks. This girl was very nice. I wouldn't give her a hard time just because of where she was born.

We had lots of fun. They even liked the big, scary looking nephew.

They were taking lots of pictures. I'll post some when I get them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
TTIUWP!!!!!

THIS THREAD IS UH.. WITHOUT PICS!!!

Yea! Thats it!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:44:04 PM EDT
[#9]
thats an awesome thing to do ,good on ya matey
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#10]
So...er...anyone wanna have a "Take an Aussie shooting day" sometime in the future?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I took a bunch of Japanese guys shooting last year, and they loved it.  Ironically, the guns they liked the BEST were the Colt 1911A1 and the Garand M1  

They also liked the ARs.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
So...er...anyone wanna have a "Take an Aussie shooting day" sometime in the future?

head on over to Colorado and I'll take you shooting anytime.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I hear they make steady target holders.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Way to go man.  I'm sure they'll remember that for a very long time.  Good job.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#15]
well we couldnt take him shooting, but my brotehr and i took a visiting kiwi (new zealander), to a gunshow.  he had a lot of fun and was amazed at all the goodies we yanks got to play with.  as a parting gift, i sent him away with a spiderco delica, which he used on the remainder of his US tour to great effect.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

You make it to my neck fo the woods and we'll go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top