Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 11:32:13 AM EDT
Allright this will be my first time voting (Im 19) and have some questions, I know im from FL so bear with me .  I just got a sample ballot in the mail and saw amendments to the state constitution and I for one am no big fan of amending the constitution as if it were a notebook.  I dont know a lot about the issues at hand and the judges they ask if we should keep in power, my question can I leave those blank since I dont want to vote for them either way?

I just dont want to screw it up for the rest of ya
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can.  But if you have the time, research thos eissues.

And I suggest you find the time.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You did the first thing I think a voter should do.  Get a hard copy of the sample ballet with all issues and positions.  

Next, mark it up as you want to vote and take it with you.  It won't take anytime to fill out the ballet when you get in the booth.  No unexpected issues or positions.  It is a good feeling coming out of the poll.

Research and ask questions about unknown positions or topics before the date.  Try to get your position clear and mark the best cantidate.

I have abstained from some spots when I could not get a clear answer.  

You are good to do your homework.  
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#3]
The last thing I want to do is vote for something I have no position on.  So I will try and do some reasearch on the issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top