Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/24/2004 10:01:33 AM EDT
www.denverpost.com/Stories/0,1413,36%257E64%257E2488266,00.html

...A Colorado Springs woman recently received a call from someone claiming to be from Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign who expressed condolences about the death of her husband in Iraq. When the woman said she knew her husband was still alive, the caller said a vote for Kerry would help keep him that way.

The Kerry campaign said the stunt was so outrageous that it could only have been staged by someone trying to discredit the Democrat...

Yeah, right... that doesn't sound like something a liberal would do.  Assholes.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:03:40 AM EDT
[#1]
No, that sounds exactly like something a Democrat would do.  They're completely deranged.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I plan to vote for Kerry.

That being said, in a just world, the slimy, decietful, slithering cockmaster who called that woman would be hung from a tree by his or her intestines. What in the name of all that's good is wrong with some people?!??!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Cat - you are supposedly an owner of an EBR, but you plan to vote for the man who would take them away from everyone here?  WTF, over?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep-I'm sure that  Kerry would have a problem with my EBR's. Lucilky, bith my AR and FAL fell in the river while I was fly-fishing. Oh well.

But if I did own any EBR's, and someone were to choose to try and take them, I wish him or her luck. I'm a pretty good shot, and .308 makes a hell of a hole. Or so I hear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yep-I'm sure that  Kerry would have a problem with my EBR's. Lucilky, bith my AR and FAL fell in the river while I was fly-fishing. Oh well.

But if I did own any EBR's, and someone were to choose to try and take them, I wish him or her luck. I'm a pretty good shot, and .308 makes a hell of a hole. Or so I hear.

So, you plan to vote for a man who would pass a law which you plan to ignore, thus making you a felon.  You then state that you look forward to an armed confrontation with agents sent to enforce that law.  You're either a troll or a psychotic.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Sometime living at high altitude has an effect on people. I blame it on the lack of oxygen.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:29:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

That being said, in a just world, the slimy, decietful, slithering cockmaster who called that woman would be hung from a tree by his or her intestines. What in the name of all that's good is wrong with some people?!??!

Wow, you just described sKerry to a T.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:44:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Here is what's going to happen since you're either too naive or stupid to realize it:  AR's and FAL's will be banned by your good friend Kerry if he gets elected (thanks to you).  You will be in violation of the law.  They will toss tear gas and flash-bangs into your house until either one of three things happen:

1) You decide to shoot it out and a police sniper's .308 enters your left eye (and you stop voting for people like Kerry).

2) The pyrotechnic devices start a fire and you burn to death (and stop voting for people like Kerry).

3) You crawl out, unarmed, and crying like a little girl.  You are sentenced to an ass-pounding prison where your asshole gets to enjoy all the STD's Federal prison has to offer.  If you get out, you are now a felon and you stop voting for people like Kerry.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you plan to vote for a man who would pass a law which you plan to ignore, thus making you a felon.  You then state that you look forward to an armed confrontation with agents sent to enforce that law.  You're either a troll or a psychotic.

Yes, I plan to vote for Kerry, despite the fact that he's almost guaranteed to try and get another AWB passed. Do you think it won't happen under Bush? Bush will have to play ball, since the House and Senate are sure to be closely divided. If he wants to pass legislation key to his adgenda, he's going to have to offer the Dems something.

As to my "becoming" a felon by owning an item that was perfectly legal before the passage of a hypothetical, unconstitutional "law", I have to tell you, I could care less. If our nation's elected officials care so little about the supreme law of the land, the Constitution, I would be proud to disobey that "law".

Finally, I don't relish the thought of shooting anyone. I have, in one capacity or another, worn a firearm to work for the last ten years, and I've yet to shoot anyone. I consider myself VERY fortunate in that regard. But I must be "psychotic"-I feel that the Second Amendment exists to protect all the others. In an age where protest is confined to "free speech zones", where government agents appear before secret courts to obtain "sneak and peek" warrants, where reading habits and financial information are considered the legitimate targets of government intrusion, and where a citizen's property can be lawfully stolen from him with no recourse and no criminal conviction, I'd say that obedience to the law is less a virtue than the TRUE mark of "psychosis". Perhaps if my fellow citizens and I were a bit less zealous in our regard for the law, those who would curtail our liberty might take notice. YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:49:02 AM EDT
[#11]
OMG you are a moron/
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
<snip>

Yeah. That's all fine and good, but Kerry poses a real danger to your rights. Tangibly. Not some scary words from the ACLU saying this might happen, or this has happened.

Edit: Oh, and Kerry is just going to create more bullshit laws. Maybe some anti-"defamation" laws based on the ones from Penn. or Canada, that can get people arrested for quoting bible passages because it's "insensitive to gays".
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>

Yeah. That's all fine and good, but Kerry poses a real danger to your rights. Tangibly. Not some scary words from the ACLU saying this might happen, or this has happened.

So does Bush. I'm not a Democrat, and I don't think that Kerry will be some sort of heroic leader. I think he'll be a lame duck for most of his presidency-which is a GREAT thing. You see, that's going to ensure governmental gridlock-neither side will be able to push their absurditties through the legislature, and government is best when it does little, IMO.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OMG you are a moron/

Well, gosh-that's less than helpful. Exactly how do you see what I've written as moronic? Tell me, so I might take care not to offend your greatness in the future.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
So does Bush. I'm not a Democrat, and I don't think that Kerry will be some sort of heroic leader. I think he'll be a lame duck for most of his presidency-which is a GREAT thing. You see, that's going to ensure governmental gridlock-neither side will be able to push their absurditties through the legislature, and government is best when it does little, IMO.

If you think so. But it just seems too risky of a time to me to chance 4 years and constitutional rights on a hope.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#16]
i find this type of behavior hardly surprising...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:02:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:03:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I plan to vote for Kerry, despite the fact that he's almost guaranteed to try and get another AWB passed. Do you think it won't happen under Bush? Bush will have to play ball, since the House and Senate are sure to be closely divided. If he wants to pass legislation key to his adgenda, he's going to have to offer the Dems something.

As to my "becoming" a felon by owning an item that was perfectly legal before the passage of a hypothetical, unconstitutional "law", I have to tell you, I could care less. If our nation's elected officials care so little about the supreme law of the land, the Constitution, I would be proud to disobey that "law".

Finally, I don't relish the thought of shooting anyone. I have, in one capacity or another, worn a firearm to work for the last ten years, and I've yet to shoot anyone. I consider myself VERY fortunate in that regard. But I must be "psychotic"-I feel that the Second Amendment exists to protect all the others. In an age where protest is confined to "free speech zones", where government agents appear before secret courts to obtain "sneak and peek" warrants, where reading habits and financial information are considered the legitimate targets of government intrusion, and where a citizen's property can be lawfully stolen from him with no recourse and no criminal conviction, I'd say that obedience to the law is less a virtue than the TRUE mark of "psychosis". Perhaps if my fellow citizens and I were a bit less zealous in our regard for the law, those who would curtail our liberty might take notice. YMMV.

congratulations! you win the "i know nothing about politics or the upcoming election" of the month award!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:05:32 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I have, in one capacity or another, worn a firearm to work for the last ten years, and I've yet to shoot anyone.

MALL NINJA ALERT!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:05:52 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hey cat,
At least for Republican in the Congressional elections.  If you don't your premise for voting for Kerry doesn't fly.

Naturally-the Republican candidates are more qualified here in Colorado, IMO, and better reflect all of my values.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:08:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey cat,
At least for Republican in the Congressional elections.  If you don't your premise for voting for Kerry doesn't fly.

Naturally-the Republican candidates are more qualified here in Colorado, IMO, and better reflect all of my values.

so kerry better reflects your 'values' than President Bush?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:10:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have, in one capacity or another, worn a firearm to work for the last ten years, and I've yet to shoot anyone.

MALL NINJA ALERT!!!!!

Yep, you hit it right on the head. After I left the military and started school, I did, in fact, become a (parking garage, not mall) ninja. I'll probably continue to be a mall ninja until I'm done with my degree. Since it's an honest, albeit dull, way to earn a living, I'm certainly not ashamed of it. I applied at several police agencies, but since I don't intend to make law enforcement a career, I decided not to accept the conditional offers of employment extended. Rather, I felt the positions would be better filled by someone who had a real commitment to the work. Additionally, I thought it would be easier to finish my degree working at a job that doesn't require a great deal of overtime, ect.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
OMG you are a moron/

Well, gosh-that's less than helpful.

No, he's right. You are a moron.

Exactly how do you see what I've written as moronic? Tell me, so I might take care not to offend your greatness in the future.

OK, here goes:

Yes, I plan to vote for Kerry, despite the fact that he's almost guaranteed to try and get another AWB passed.

Bush will have to play ball, since the House and Senate are sure to be closely divided. If he wants to pass legislation key to his adgenda, he's going to have to offer the Dems something.

But he didn't have to "play ball" in order to get his agenda of Tax Cuts, Medicare Reform or the War in Iraq passed. Hmmm. In fact, President Bush was able to accomplish most of his legislative objectives without "playing ball".

And this next Congress is shaping up to be more Republican than the present congress!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
OMG you are a moron/

Well, gosh-that's less than helpful.

No, he's right. You are a moron.

Exactly how do you see what I've written as moronic? Tell me, so I might take care not to offend your greatness in the future.

OK, here goes:

Yes, I plan to vote for Kerry, despite the fact that he's almost guaranteed to try and get another AWB passed.

Bush will have to play ball, since the House and Senate are sure to be closely divided. If he wants to pass legislation key to his adgenda, he's going to have to offer the Dems something.

But he didn't have to "play ball" in order to get his agenda of Tax Cuts, Medicare Reform or the War in Iraq passed. Hmmm.

Right-he got all that doen in the wake of Sept. 11th, and with the momentum of a somewhat united nation. Do you see unity now? Do you think that his approval ratings might have gone down just a bit? Do you think that will affect the composition of the House and Senate after this election? Apples and oranges, I'm afraid. And the tax cuts he's passed-I think I've seen that material before. Didn't we call it "trickle-down economics" last time around? And didn't it result in record defecits that the boom of the '90's paid off? (Before you all get started, you'll notice that I didn't give Clinton any credit for that boom-because he doesn't deserve any.)
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:23:58 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey cat,

Yes. On MOST of the issues, and surely on more of them than Bush. He's spineless, but his platform better reflects my valuse than Bush's.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:30:50 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Right-he got all that doen in the wake of Sept. 11th, and with the momentum of a somewhat united
nation. Do you see unity now?

The Patriot Act was passed in the wake of 9/11. Medicare reform and the Iraq War were both heated fights in the congress.

Do you think that his approval ratings might have gone down just a bit? Do you think that will affect the composition of the House and Senate after this election?

No, the polls are showing that the Republican party will solidify it's hold on the House even further, and probably pick up 2 seats in the Senate.

Apples and oranges, I'm afraid. And the tax cuts he's passed-I think I've seen that material before. Didn't we call it "trickle-down economics" last time around? And didn't it result in record defecits that the boom of the '90's paid off? (Before you all get started, you'll notice that I didn't give Clinton any credit for that boom-because he doesn't deserve any.)

Now I'm convinced that you're a moron! The "Economic Boom" of the 90's was a gigantic lie! It was actually a series of scandels and instances of corporate fraud that cause the recession at the end of Clinton's presidency, and are still effecting the slowed economic growth that we see today. If it had not been for the Bush tax cuts, then by the time the corporate fraud scandals and 9/11 were finished with us we would have gone from a recession (that Clinton left us with) to a full blown depression!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Good God man,  its about filling vacancies on the Supreme Court!

Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Moron thia and moron that....but since you brought up corporate fraud, what corporation was the #1 contributor to Bush 2000? Enron. Cheney still has those stock options from Haillburton, doesn't he? And how about the complete disregard for sealing the borders? Immigration reform (amnesty) is another one of those swell ideas, isn't it? As long as you're postulating that there might have been a depression, what, pray tell, is going to happen if we continue to turn a blind eye to the wide-open borders? Doens't illegal immigration have the effect of driving wages down nationwide? Finally, we now have a wartime president who, like his predecessor, doged the draft. But it looks like this one took it a step further, and DESERTED in time of war. This same fella now has the stones to claim that Kerry isn't being truthful about his service, but he wouldn't take a flight physical-its just a coincidence that the physical also would have, for the first time, included a drug test. Not to mention the debacle in Iraq, where it looks as if rather than Jeffersonian democracy, our invasion will result in an Islamic theocracy, after having cost us many American lives in the process. BTW-where is that Bin Laden fella these days? We have Saddam, but I don't think he was the one who attacked our nation, was he? Nope, he was the fella that Rumsfeld and Bush I (during his tenure at CIA-while chem weapons were being used against the Kurds) used to like so much. And why did they support him? BECAUSE THE IDEA OF A UNIFIED THEOCRATIC STATE OF IRAN AND IRAQ WAS SO FUCKING TERRIFYING! I guess we'll get a chance to see what the result of that unification is after all. Yippee!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Kerry won't do shit to secure the borders or defend us against such an attack. You sound like you're talking just to see your words.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:58:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Nope, I'm not just talking to talk. I really think that our current President is failing us in some pretty crucual areas. Kerry can't possibly do LESS to discourage illegal immigration than Bush-he has encouraged it through his amnesty program. I live in Colorado, and believe me, it's an issue out here in the West. Perhaps you folks in the East don't have as big a problem, but it's a key reason why I won't vote for him.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Moron thia and moron that....but since you brought up corporate fraud, what corporation was the #1 contributor to Bush 2000? Enron. [

Enron contributed to the campaigns of over 250 members of congress, both Democrats and Republicans.

Cheney still has those stock options from Haillburton, doesn't he?

So what? Haliburton won no-bid contracts under the Clinton Administration, just like they are today. What's your point?

And how about the complete disregard for sealing the borders? Immigration reform (amnesty) is another one of those swell ideas, isn't it? As long as you're postulating that there might have been a depression, what, pray tell, is going to happen if we continue to turn a blind eye to the wide-open borders? Doens't illegal immigration have the effect of driving wages down nationwide?

John Kerry will do absolutely nothing to close the borders or prevent illegal immigration. Hell, not only does his party want illegal immigrants to vote, they are DEPENDING on the illeagal immigrant and convicted felon votes to wint this election!

Finally, we now have a wartime president who, like his predecessor, doged the draft. But it looks like this one took it a step further, and DESERTED in time of war. This same fella now has the stones to claim that Kerry isn't being truthful about his service, but he wouldn't take a flight physical-its just a coincidence that the physical also would have, for the first time, included a drug test.

That's all bullshit!

Not to mention the debacle in Iraq, where it looks as if rather than Jeffersonian democracy, our invasion will result in an Islamic theocracy, after having cost us many American lives in the process.

That's bullshit too. Even Koffi Anan has stated that he is confident that Iraqi elections will happen on time in January.

And since you mention Iraq, you have gotten me thinking about Vietnam. No, not because bush has gotten us into a quagmire, but because YOUR cantidate John Kerry wants to send 70,000 more troops to Iraq and escalate the conflict the exact same way that Johnson did in Vietnam! We are not in a "quagmire" now. We are restoring peace and order all across the country. But your cantidate wants to ensure that Iraq becomes a quagmire just like Vietnam was by escalating the conflict the exact same way that Johnson did! By adding more troops!

BTW-where is that Bin Laden fella these days?

He's in a cave in Pakistan, sleeping face down in bat shit.

We have Saddam, but I don't think he was the one who attacked our nation, was he? Nope, he was the fella that Rumsfeld and Bush I (during his tenure at CIA-while chem weapons were being used against the Kurds) used to like so much. And why did they support him? BECAUSE THE IDEA OF A UNIFIED THEOCRATIC STATE OF IRAN AND IRAQ WAS SO FUCKING TERRIFYING! I guess we'll get a chance to see what the result of that unification is after all. Yippee!

Only if Kerry gets elected, escalates the conflict and increases the muslim resentment towards the US by adding more American troops and taking control away from the Iraqi Government!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Yes, Enron contributed to many campaigns-but Bush recieved more money from them than from anyone else-this doesn't suggest a close relationship to you? (But I'm the moron-I'll keep that in mind).

Halliburton did certainly have no-bid contracts under Clinton-did Clinton have stock options in Halliburton? Did he stand to personally profit by no-bid awards to Halliburton?

I notice that, regarding illegal immigration, the best you can do is to give a broad statement that Kerry will do nothing about the issue. I think that you may want to think carefully about how GW's contributors benefit directly from continued lax enforcement. If Kerry does something, it'll be better than the complete inaction currently taking place.

It's unfortunate that you think that Bush's draft  evasion and desertion is "bullshit"-as a veteran, it matters a great deal to me.

Kofi Annan has said that elections will occur in January. 65% of Iraq is Shi'ite, and they're projected to vote along religious lines. Thank you for making my case that a theocracy is not long off.

As to your last point-more American troops are clearly needed. The Soviet Union allowed a power vacuum in an unstable Arab nation-Afghanistan. What happened there? The Clinton Administration pulled troops out of Somalia-and Bin Laden is later seen on videotape exhorting his followers to kill Americans because the American will can be broken as it was in Somalia. Increased troop strenght is a foregone conclusion-and you can thank Bush for that. The Iraqi government contols nothing and has little popular support. Prime Minister Allawi (or should I say President Diem) has been unable to generate any popular support or credibility, and his close ties with the administration are sure to inflame his citizens.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Gun owners have absolutely nothing to lose if Bush gets into office. Cheney was at the NRA convention, and bush sat for an interview in the American Rifleman. He is the most pro gun  president we have had in a while.

We have everything to lose if Kerry gets into office. This guy has a 100% rating with PETA. His  hunting trips are just a scam to get gun owners to vote for him.

Yes, if he gets into office, it will be gridlock, but WHO will appoint Supreme Court justices, and others in positions of power that may potentially rule on your second amendment rights? WHO will sign executive orders banning your second ammendment rights? He can still do a LOT of damage, even if their is gridlock.

The Bush administration has actually repaired some of the damage that the Clinton administration has done to our rights. (no more AWB)

Bottom line, if you vote for John Kerry, you are flushing your rights down the toilet!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Let's just hope and pray there are more of us than there are of Catm95.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Sorry I started this guys - remember, arguing with someone like this is like pissing in the wind - sure, it feels good at first, but you just end up getting piss all over you in the end.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:15:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

WTF is the color sky in YOUR world?  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Yep-I'm sure that Kerry would have a problem with my EBR's. Lucilky, bith my AR and FAL fell in the river while I was fly-fishing. Oh well.

yes, once again Catman is photo-graphed right before he goes into the voting booth
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:36:51 PM EDT
[#38]

Yes. On MOST of the issues, and surely on more of them than Bush. He's spineless, but his platform better reflects my valuse than Bush's.

If Kerry's "values' on MOST of the issues line up with yours then frankly sir, you are a disgrace to this country and law-abiding gun owners everywhere.

I don't mind reasoned differences of opinion but Kerry has proven himself to be a self-aggrandizing, lying, elitest snob who doesn't give one rat fuck about the people of this nation (execpt the votes he needs from them to reach his ultimate goal of becoming POTUS).  He is a socialist prick that believes that he is better than the "little people" and knows what's best for us.

You would WILLINGLY give this man the job of "Leader of the Free World"?

Anything I say beyond this would be considered a personal attack by the CoC.  I won't lose my membership on this site for the likes of you.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Yes, Enron contributed to many campaigns-but Bush recieved more money from them than from anyone else-this doesn't suggest a close relationship to you? (But I'm the moron-I'll keep that in mind).

Halliburton did certainly have no-bid contracts under Clinton-did Clinton have stock options in Halliburton? Did he stand to personally profit by no-bid awards to Halliburton?

No, but neither did Cheney.  Cheney gets deferred compensation that was fixed when he left Halliburton, about $1.6m, most all of it paid BEFORE he took office.  He has stock options, but he signed a legal agreement that profits from their sale go to charity.

www.factcheck.org/article.aspx@DocID=261.html
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Love the "I already got mine, f#ck everyone else" attitude - makes it easy to see why you'd vote for a POS like Kerry!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:55:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Catm95 = DU

He's baiting us and probably going back to DU and saying "Look what I did on ARFCOM!"

Ignore him as the clueless he is!

W 04
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Its a shame this boy didn't go for law enforcement, I smell Sheriff potential here.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:00:17 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
If you get out, you are now a felon and you stop voting for people like Kerry.

Not necessarily...felons vote for DemocRATS all the time...sometimes even the dead felons...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#44]
ummm..the potus does not make laws...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, it's great to see you all have well-founded, logical reasons to vote as you choose, and that you're all able to carry out a rational conversation. Of all the responses on the thread, two, IMO, rate a response. It's good to see that Cheney elected to donate the proceeds from sale of stock to charity-I'd hate to think he was doing anything unethical. You might want to check out the current debate over influence peddling and Halliburton's contamination of drinking water related to oil exploration.

Second-the POTUS doesn't make laws, but he does issue executive orders, which are binding and enforceable.Furthermore, I'm sure we all recognize that POTUS has a great deal of influence regarding legislation (veto power, anyone?).
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
ummm..the potus does not make laws...

but he certainly leads his party to try to pass them.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:53:15 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Well, it's great to see you all have well-founded, logical reasons to vote as you choose, and that you're all able to carry out a rational conversation. Of all the responses on the thread, two, IMO, rate a response. It's good to see that Cheney elected to donate the proceeds from sale of stock to charity-I'd hate to think he was doing anything unethical. You might want to check out the current debate over influence peddling and Halliburton's contamination of drinking water related to oil exploration.

Second-the POTUS doesn't make laws, but he does issue executive orders, which are binding and enforceable.Furthermore, I'm sure we all recognize that POTUS has a great deal of influence regarding legislation (veto power, anyone?).

My understanding of Haliburtons involvement in Iraq, is that there are THREE corporations in the entire world capable of doing such a massive oil job as the one in Iraq.  Haliburton is one.  The other two are French and Russian.  Since France and Russia opposed us, leading up to the war, there is no good reason we should involve their companies in such a giant contrat.  Further, it is better to invest US Gov't dollars into a US company, where it will be reinvested in American jobs and manufacturing.

You are either one hell of a bullshitter and like stirring up confrontation, or you are one of the most misguided gun owners in America, or most likely of all, you are not a gun owner.  Your hatred of Bush seems to be the main motivating factor, not a clear conclusion, based on the facts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:57:43 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Some one else said it, I'll say it again"

JUDICIAL APPOINTEES
JUDICIAL APPOINTEES
JUDICIAL APPOINTEES

You think that Kerry is going to be less opprerssive than GW regarding things like the Patriot Act?  You think his judicial appointees will have fewer second thoughts about stripping your rights, telling you what to do in your own home, what to do with your own land?

Get a clue.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My understanding of Haliburtons involvement in Iraq, is that there are THREE corporations capable of doing such a massive oil job as the one in Iraq.  Haliburton is one.  The other two are French and Russian.  Since France and Russia opposed us, leading up to the war, there is no good reason we should involve their companies in such a giant contrat.  Further, it is better to invest US Gov't dollars into a US company, where it will be reinvested in American jobs and manufacturing.

You are either one hell of a bullshitter and like stirring up confrontation, or you are one of the most misguided gun owners in America, or most likely of all, you are not a gun owner.  Your hatred of Bush seems to be the main motivating factor, not a clear conclusion, based on the facts.

Very true-we're the ones fighting the war, so if there is any money to be distributed, it should go to U.S. corporations. The water contamination I'm referring to is happening doemstically, and is a separate issue. As to your second point, I am a gun owner-I'm just not a single-issue voter. To cast one's vote based on a single issue is, in my opinion, a sign that one lacks the dedication to thoroughly research relevant issues and vote accordingly. As I've said before, NEITHER man is an awe-inspiring leader. It is truly a choice between two evils-and I feel I've chosen the less harmful man.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:10:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Hey cat,

SO, you believe that traitors are fit to lead our country, believe in gun control, believe in aboritions, believe that the UN should have the power to tell us how to react when we are attacked, and MOST OF ALL, you cannot come up with a set of values and STICK TO THEM.

Good platform. YOu need to vote for Kerry. Birds of a feather and all that...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top