Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 8:41:30 AM EDT
Looks like we might have another nutball going around shooting stuff, bad news for gun owners, next we will hear about awb renewal.

Oops sorry I-44, I saw it on Fox News TV.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Linky?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
When does rifle deer season start there?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I-40 does not run through Missouri.  Do you mean I-70 instead?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Is it I-44 or I-70?
Rifle season starts the 2nd weekend of Nov.

I-44 and I-70 both run to St. Louis. Mo.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:50:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have only archery hunted in Missouri.
IIRC it is in mid Nov. ,only 1 week. May be shotgun only.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is it I-44 or I-70?
Rifle season starts the 2nd weekend of Nov.

I-44 and I-70 both run to St. Louis. Mo.

Sounds like this is about the right time to have A LOT of people zeroing their deer rifles.  These aren't always the smartest people - one round richochets by the interstate, and the press says "sniper."  Just a possibility.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Here near FLW its Veterans Day weekend.

Lets just say all my instructors hunt, so we get an extra long weekend
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having lived there 5 years, I assure you there is a Rifle season.  It is a SCARY time to be in the woods.  You WILL be shot at.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:54:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
... next we will hear about awb renewal.

It has already been introduced, H.R. 5100 is new legislation and would reinstate the ban for another ten years, it has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee but is not expected to be considered during the remainder of the 108th Congress.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#11]
newscenter.ninn.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6753

Police Probe Possible Sniper Shootings  

Posted on Sunday, October 24 @ 08:50:00 PDT by Director

ST. LOUIS -- Authorities are investigating whether the shooting of an Indiana truck driver on Interstate 44 may be linked to eight other possible snipings at motorists in recent months along the stretch of freeway.

The truck driver was shot in the head Thursday and released from a hospital Friday. She was the first person injured in nine cases of vehicle windows inexplicably shattering in daylight since Feb. 26 along a 10-mile stretch of I-44 in and near Bourbon, about 70 miles southwest of St. Louis, an investigator said.

"Based on the pattern of other incidents, it's possible we may be dealing with a sniper-type situation," Bourbon Police Chief Bill Williams said Saturday. "We're not saying it is, but we'd be foolish not to acknowledge that it's a concern."

Amy Holder, 34, was shot near her left temple while her husband rested in the semi rig's sleeper compartment.

Holder, screaming and bleeding, managed to pull the tractor-trailer to the shoulder. Her husband drove to a nearby gas station and summoned police, Williams said.

A bullet fragment found in the truck -- the first actual evidence of a shooting in any of the suspected cases -- has been forwarded to the Missouri State Highway Patrol for testing, Williams said.

The worries parallel those earlier this year in Ohio, where authorities investigated more than 20 shootings -- including one death -- along a five-mile stretch of Interstate 270 in Columbus. A suspect arrested in March in that case has pleaded not guilty.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:55:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Could be the start of a religion of peace attack.  They would love to be able to drive down "red" turnout in certain swing states.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
newscenter.ninn.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6753

Police Probe Possible Sniper Shootings  

Posted on Sunday, October 24 @ 08:50:00 PDT by Director

ST. LOUIS -- Authorities are investigating whether the shooting of an Indiana truck driver on Interstate 44 may be linked to eight other possible snipings at motorists in recent months along the stretch of freeway.

The truck driver was shot in the head Thursday and released from a hospital Friday. She was the first person injured in nine cases of vehicle windows inexplicably shattering in daylight since Feb. 26 along a 10-mile stretch of I-44 in and near Bourbon, about 70 miles southwest of St. Louis, an investigator said.

"Based on the pattern of other incidents, it's possible we may be dealing with a sniper-type situation," Bourbon Police Chief Bill Williams said Saturday. "We're not saying it is, but we'd be foolish not to acknowledge that it's a concern."

Amy Holder, 34, was shot near her left temple while her husband rested in the semi rig's sleeper compartment.

Holder, screaming and bleeding, managed to pull the tractor-trailer to the shoulder. Her husband drove to a nearby gas station and summoned police, Williams said.

A bullet fragment found in the truck -- the first actual evidence of a shooting in any of the suspected cases -- has been forwarded to the Missouri State Highway Patrol for testing, Williams said.

The worries parallel those earlier this year in Ohio, where authorities investigated more than 20 shootings -- including one death -- along a five-mile stretch of Interstate 270 in Columbus. A suspect arrested in March in that case has pleaded not guilty.

Well that just throws my theory out the window, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Having lived there 5 years, I assure you there is a Rifle season.  It is a SCARY time to be in the woods.  You WILL be shot at.

YEEEOOWW

I'll stick to archery season
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:07:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Could be the start of a religion of peace attack.  They would love to be able to drive down "red" turnout in certain swing states.

GunLvr

That or true believer libs staging a minor "Reichstag fire" in hopes of a new AWB.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:15:49 AM EDT
[#16]

"I'm tellin' ya it was two white dudes in a white van!!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

YEEEOOWW

I'll stick to archery season

As do all the sane hunters.  I think there is also a black powder season that is much safer, as well.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:24:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GunLvr

That or true believer libs staging a minor "Reichstag fire" in hopes of a new AWB.

Or a legitimate whack-job.  Y'all talk about these things like they CANNOT happen naturally.  I wonder where all those people are who claimed that the VPC, et al would stage some type of school shooting with an AK to highlight the need for the current one (when on the books), and push for a stronger one?  

Guns are out there, as are unstable people.  If we allow the RKBA be held hostage by these people, we our rights will disappear quickly.  The RKBA should stand on ideology, not statistics.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top