Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/24/2004 8:22:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
( The military cuts that Senator Kerry voted for - every @$##$&^%  time )
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:29:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hope this isnt a dupe....

Not a recent dupe, but old.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:30:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
( The military cuts that Senator Kerry voted for - every @$##$&^%  time )

yup
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:31:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Just to be the devil's advocate, how many drawdowns were legislated under Bush I, and completed during Clinton's first term?  My unit (2AD (FWD) "Hell on Wheels", was completely closed down before Clinton was even elected...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#5]
so was the answer USA or what? i thought it was Name That Counrty???
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just to be the devil's advocate, how many drawdowns were legislated under Bush I, and completed during Clinton's first term?  My unit (2AD (FWD) "Hell on Wheels", was completely closed down before Clinton was even elected...

People seem to forget that's where it started. I've also seen that list posted as the forces that disappeared under Clinton when he was prez. Just a new modification.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#7]
To be fair to Clinton, after the USSR fell it was very tempting to think we wouldn't need a massive military. Remember how we radically de-mobilized after WWII, only to be struck by the communist invasion of South Korea.

It's very tempting to think how all that money could be otherwise spent.  I wish we didn't need such a huge military, but we do, and no one else is willing or able to take the role Team America has to bear.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:02:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Peace through superior firepower.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top