Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2004 2:32:41 AM EDT

I guess the PETA types are dancing for joy.

www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11171579%255E1702,00.html

Man dies after stabbing himself

24oct04

A MAN has died after accidentally stabbing himself while slaughtering animals on a north Queensland property.

The 42-year-old man and two colleagues were working on Strathmore Station, near Collinsville, when the man stabbed himself in the region of the groin, police said.

He died before emergency services arrived at the scene.

The accident happened about 6.30pm (AEST) yesterday, a police spokesman said.

Workplace, Health and Safety officers were advised of the incident.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That Suckes Not the way I want to go
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Lot of major blood vessels down there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:04:36 AM EDT
[#3]
PETA Sucks IMO anyway. Tough way to buy the farm.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:06:37 AM EDT
[#4]
that's funny.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:13:24 AM EDT
[#5]
In the region of the groin...

I expect that meant one of the two femoral arteries, and at that location, the bleeding would be pretty much impossible to stop or even slow down.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:21:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't anyone ever tell this guy you are suppossed to CHOKE the chicken...not stab it!

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:30:17 AM EDT
[#7]
My friend nearly bled out after being shot with a Blazer "safety" slug in the thigh. It ripped his femoral artery to shreds and he nearly died before the ambulance got there which was less than 15 minutes.
Needless to say he didnt buy that gun and no longer considers the sellor a friend.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:09:33 AM EDT
[#8]
My Dad's great-uncle lived out in the boonies in New Mexico.  Worked his own ranch and lived the life a REAL old west type guy.

Well, one day in the early 1950's Uncle Bug has decided that one of his testicles has been hurting him too long.  I have never heard what eaxactly the problem was but one of them was apparently all swollen up.  So he sharpens up a knife, goes out to the corral, and castrates himself!

He darn near blead to death, but he made it.  The man is a legend in our family and at every deer camp I have ever hunted in!

They just don't make them like Uncle Bug anymore.

This is a true story.  Belive it, or not!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:14:55 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, after reading Crock's story I'm now in the fetal position on the couch, legs crossed and I don't know if "the boys" are going to come down for the rest of the day.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:16:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Just think about Uncle bug's possibilities in streetfights!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Social Darwinism
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My Dad's great-uncle lived out in the boonies in New Mexico.  Worked his own ranch and lived the life a REAL old west type guy.

Well, one day in the early 1950's Uncle Bug has decided that one of his testicles has been hurting him too long.  I have never heard what eaxactly the problem was but one of them was apparently all swollen up.  So he sharpens up a knife, goes out to the corral, and castrates himself!

He darn near blead to death, but he made it.  The man is a legend in our family and at every deer camp I have ever hunted in!

They just don't make them like Uncle Bug anymore.

This is a true story.  Belive it, or not!

Uncle Bug HAD bigger balls than Me
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#13]
i don't feel so well now...

J
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:10:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Why didn't he just cut out the one nut that hurt?  slice the sack...cut the cord....ROFLOL
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Wow, that story is nuts!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:25:24 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
OK, after reading Crock's story I'm now in the fetal position on the couch, legs crossed and I don't know if "the boys" are going to come down for the rest of the day.

SH*T! Mine just ran off together saying "Not us! Not us!"

Fortunately the squeeky voice doesn't translate well into text!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:50:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Some people don't know how to use a knife.  They cut flesh and don't look at their 'target and beyond'.  They use a dull knife, and as they struggle to cut, the flesh finally lets go and they either cut/stab themselves or a friend who's helping to hold the deer/animal.

I remember taking care of a guy in med school who was shot in the groin with a .32cal.  He was brought into the ER and the paramedic was applying pressure to his right groin.  As he released the dressing, blood shot straight up several feet!  The x-ray showed the bullet partially flattened against the femur.  The guy vomitted his dinner of about a six-pack and a tuna fish sandwich.  Nasty smell.  The story was that he was being a very obnoxious drunk who had messed with some guys woman.  Said guy tried to shoot his penis.  After spending a few days taking care of the guy I could see why someone would shoot him.      
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:04:26 AM EDT
[#18]
The same thing happened at a slaughterhouse/meat packing plant here in Indiana back in 1995.  A guy accidentally sliced through the artery in his leg.  Nobody could figure out what was wrong with him because he was already covered in pigs' blood, so he bled to death.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:50:26 AM EDT
[#19]
ouch...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#20]
So, which is worse? This, or the Romanian guy who "accidentally" did a Bobitt on himself?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top