User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 8:48:41 PM EDT
Well...can ya?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well...can ya?  

I believe so.  Just put the s/n off the receiver on the form.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#2]
someone told me once that you needed to provide a recipt of the purchase of a "complete gun" with your submital paperwork to ATF.  But this was one person, and a while ago... so in the ever growing desire to own a SBR especially before its too late....  I need anwsers, and I dont think I can wait around for a letter from the ATF!

Peace out
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well...can ya?  

Yes, to answer your question.  I also want to clarify another issue.  Most people agree that owning an SBR upper WITHOUT also owning a properly registered SBR lower will be view as "constructive possesion".  In other words you are attempting to create an illegal SBR.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:57:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, its not an issue.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:14:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well...can ya?  

Yes, to answer your question.  I also want to clarify another issue.  Most people agree that owning an SBR upper WITHOUT also owning a properly registered SBR lower will be view as "constructive possesion".  In other words you are attempting to create an illegal SBR.

That i pretty much figured.  The same if you own certin m16 parts without owning a proper m16

Thanks!  Has anyone here done the SBR paperwork?  Where's the best place to print/obtain the forms, how longs the turnaround?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:18:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Thanks!  Has anyone here done the SBR paperwork?  Where's the best place to print/obtain the forms, how longs the turnaround?

Download two Form 1's and one Certification of Compliance from www.titleii.com/.

You'll need two FBI fingerprint cards with "DCATF0100, ATF/Firearms & Explo Div, Washington DC" in the OIR box. If your local PD doesn't have them you can order them from the ATF and they are usually pretty fast in getting them to you.

Once your Form 1 goes pending expect 3-6 months until you get it back. Sometimes faster, sometimes slower.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a security clearance, would that speed it up?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#9]
NOTHING will speed it up. Anything can slow it down. Its just a waiting game.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:00:02 AM EDT
[#10]
roger
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
All you need to know can be found here:

SBR FAQ
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
NOTHING will speed it up. Anything can slow it down. Its just a waiting game.

Generally that is true, but in practice, corporate transfers go through in almost HALF the time (30-45 days).  A buddy of mine just got his approved Form1 back in 39 days from ATF's cashing the check.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top