User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 8:37:42 PM EDT
Did anyone go, and if so, how was it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh, I don't know David.  I'm a pretty perceptive.  Do you do other tricks besides being a prick? As I stated when I registered, I lurked for quite a while a few years back.  Didn't antiUSSA used to whoop your ass on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:18:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I went. Kind of disappointed. Not as good as I thought it would be. I was there from 1:30p.m. until about 5:30p.m. on Saturday.

On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give this show a "5". Not the worst I've been to, but certainly not the best...

Not much EBR stuff. I didn't see ANY lowers, stripped or otherwise. A few uppers & some parts.

Not many handguns, either.

The MOST lever actions I've ever seen at ANY show.

Lots of gun-related JUNK. Only marginally better than regular flea-market shit, IMNSHO.

Prices were pretty high on some stuff. A couple of examples:

An obviously well-used Norinco M-14S for $1150.

NIW post-94 dated USGI AR mags $30 each. I did see some for $20, though...

USGI green followers for $2.50 each("I'll take $2 each if you buy 5 or more..")

Several unscrupulous dealers were still trying to sell "preban" items...I asked one dealer "This is a preban M1A? What ban, there isn't any ban. It expired 6 weeks ago." He shot me a very dirty look and wanted to know.."Are you just looking or are you going to buy something?" I chuckled and walked off...

Some good deals I saw:

NIB Norinco M-14S for $850. This included 3 USGI 20-round M-14 mags.

Lightly used w/box Hungarian SA-85M(AK clone) Post-'89 import ban configuration(thumbhole stock) for $475(I'll take $450 cash...). Really nice looking rifle. This was one with the long gas tube, not made using an AMD-65 parts kit. If I'd had the cash with me, I would have bought it.

Ammo prices were pretty good...

Winchester Q3131A 5.56/.223  $169/1000 rounds.

Portugese surplus .308 $175/ 1000 rounds.

Austrailian surplus .308 $149/800 round case.

I originally had planned on getting some .308 ammo, but decided the night before to start working on getting a reloading set-up so I wouldn't have to be dependent on whatever's available on the surplus market at the time. I picked up a RCBS Reloader Special-5 single stage press. I'm getting my set-up a piece at a time. I hope to have it together sometime next Spring. I also bought a few small spare parts for my AR from M & A Parts.

I had about $40 left when I got home, so I took mrsstinger & the little stingers out to dinner last night...Life is good.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top