Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 7:51:26 PM EDT
I just got it about three days ago when I was at MOUNT town and boy does it hurt. I'd like to know if anyone else out there has gotten one of these before and what I can look forward to on this injury? Thanks for the help
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:29:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't tell you much about your condition. I had a (I forget how they termed it) MAJOR damaged rotator cuff. Surgery, and lots of therapy, and a long time out of work. No fun there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Paging Dr. Jarhead...Paging Dr. Jarhead.

The Doc should be along shortly, or you may want to try and send him an IM.

I hope you get better soon!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Prognosis and treatment depend entirely on the grade of sep/tear. Unless it's a grade 3 you will probably improve without surgery. Do what your doc tells you and don't push it too soon.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm retired military, suffered AC separtion in 1991, Troy Ackman injury I was told.  

My arm was immobilized in sling for two months and on light duty.  Now one shoulder is higher (AC side) than the other.

While I lift weights working out my chest, my arm movement is not semetrical.  AC side wobbles abit.  As such my AC side is a bit more developed ... must use more force to maintain possition.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#6]
That was fast Doc...I see you got my page!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear about the injury.  I recall several people getting hurt during some of our MOUT training (Military Operations in Urbanized Terrain).  I guess it comes with the territory.

Get well soon.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That was fast Doc...I see you got my page!

Argghhh! I hate pagers!
Actually, I just pulled three 14 hour days in a row. At least I didn't have a lot of drug seekers this weekend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top