BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 6:38:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
BURN IT!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#2]
gunboards.com , Look for the CETME page. You can get an answer to 99.9% of your questions there.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
BURN IT!!

+1!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Ditch it!   and buy an AR

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#5]
is it a century weapon?

eta:the whole G-3 bolt thing scares me...how do you know it's head spaced?
sounds like you bought someone elses problem...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
it's a frankengun,  burn it.  
sounds like someone did a real bastard job on building a CETME.

btw  if you want a good CETME at a good price, get the Century "Black Widow" from SOG and some wood handguard/stock from tapco. (the plastic handguards heat up really fast).  

total price is about $290 for gun and $25 for stock -with the shipping.  i have one and it has about 600 rounds with zero problems so far.  i ordered one for a friend and he has had no problems.  

i bet you will spend that much on the replacement parts/asprin for headache to get yours up and running correctly.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:01:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
is it a century weapon?

eta:the whole G-3 bolt thing scares me...how do you know it's head spaced?
sounds like you bought someone elses problem...

30calTBLkid,  have you had problems with the century CETME?
just wondering. see my previous post.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been thinking about a CETME. I'm pretty sure I'll get one after I finish my AR.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#9]
grizzlyarms:

surprisingly no...i bought  one that was evidently in the right run of parts kits.mine had a new(?) barrel, like new parts, and is well put together. after my break-in period, i have had zero problems.

however, alot of people i have talked to have. I've seen some that were actually welded together crooked.

I went ahead and changed out some springs in mine, polished the chamber, and tinkered with all the mags i got (i bought about 2 dozen when they were cheap) and i like it.

mine now wears a bipod, home-made rear stock (inleted a wood extension and cheek piece) and a 4-12x50bdc on a b-square. I'd like to change out the b-square.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:26:16 AM EDT
[#10]
All I can answer is about the stock.My Cetme is also very tight where the stock slides on.Only the 2 pins hold it on.On mine,after taking the 2 pins out I have to tap the stock off with a rubber mallet.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:36:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
All I can answer is about the stock.My Cetme is also very tight where the stock slides on.Only the 2 pins hold it on.On mine,after taking the 2 pins out I have to tap the stock off with a rubber mallet.

On my H&K G3/Century gun the stock comes off easier after you pull the Pistol grip/trigger group.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:53:21 AM EDT
[#12]
The answers you seek can be found here:

www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=47

Removing your stock will be needed.  It is a tight fit on the receiver and the first few times it is removed can be a struggle. Disassemble the rifle completely and clean it like you've never cleaned a rifle before.  Lube the bolt with grease not just oil.

Read as much as you can.  The CETME is a battle rifle, though not as well made as an HK, it will provide good service with some fine tuning.

I've run nearly 3000rds of milsurp 7.62 thru mine & I'm pleased with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:00:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Reloader-Bob...did I misunderstand your post?You've got to pull the stock off before you can swing the trigger pack away from the reciever.Anyway,my Cetme is one of the 1st run that came with the S.S. reciever and like new barrel and internals.I think the S.S. reciever might be slightly out of spec hence the tight stock fit.I just tried to get my stock off and if I hold the pistol grip in my right hand and pull on the stock with my left it will come off with a good hard tug.I guess it's finally starting to wear in.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:35:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top