Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/23/2004 6:12:47 PM EDT
I'm going back to the ATL for a day and a half.  Only two hours of actual work.  What's cool to see and do?  I haven't been there for many years, I'm sure things have changed.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#1]
If you see Jesse Jackson tell him to take his meds and chill.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Re-post this in the Georgia hometown section.  I'm sure the guys will be happy to help you out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Coke Museum, Underground, Revolving Peach(a restaurant where you can sit down and be transported around in a circle to see most of Atlanta), numerous malls, Lawrenceville has a gun store that rents Class III(I can't remember the name, but it is the only one in town), Six Flags(weekends only now), zoo(kind of small),.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:05:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Lawrenceville has a gun store that rents Class III

Tell me more...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Grab a hurricane in the Underground's Fat Tuesdays.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:25:17 AM EDT
[#6]
GA hometown forum is your friend. What part of ATL are you going to be in and what do you like to do. Clubs, restaurants, scenery?

That moving restaurant that was stated above is called the Sundial.  Its on top of the Westin Hotel. Great place to eat with an awsome view at sunset/night time. Pretty pricey though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Lawrenceville has a gun store that rents Class III

Tell me more...

Link to C3

Best place to eat if you are not on a budget and LOVE meat:
Fogo
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Ga 400 North to Dahlonega and Helen............Oktoberfest is going on.......
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:27:06 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Ga 400 North to Dahlonega and Helen............Oktoberfest is going on.......

Is that by Camp Frank D. Macho (Merrill)?

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:30:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Not far from there at all...........matter of fact I think you turn left in Dahlonega and Camp Merrill is just down the road. Last weekend was the Gold Rush festival and the Rangers always have a display with all the cool weapons they use and captured Com-Bloc weapons........there is always a crowd around that display!
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not far from there at all...........matter of fact I think you turn left in Dahlonega and Camp Merrill is just down the road. Last weekend was the Gold Rush festival and the Rangers always have a display with all the cool weapons they use and captured Com-Bloc weapons........there is always a crowd around that display!

Outstanding!  

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#12]
STAY OUT OF THE CITY...ESPECIALLY THE UNDERGROUND. I WAS THERE LAST YEAR FOR A CONCERT BY THE AIRPORT AND MY BUDDY WANTED TO SE ATLANTA....
THE UNDERGROUND HAD A HUGE NOISEY BASKETBALL PROMOTION GOING ON, WE HAD CRAPPY FOOD IN A RESTURAUNT (SUPPOSED TO BE NICE) THAT SMELLED LIKE ASS.....I COULD GO ON.
NEEDLESS TO SAY MY BUDDY'S HEAD WAS ON A SWIVEL AND HE KEPT REPEATING THAT NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE THE SCENE. JOHN KERRY I'M SURE WANTS EVERY CITY TO LOOK LIKE THIS.
I AM BITING MY TOUNGE HERE, THE CLASS THREE PLACE SOUNDS LIKE FUN....CAN YOU TAKE THE RENTALS DOWN TOWN?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 7:56:22 AM EDT
[#13]
The gun store in Lawrenceville is Bullseye, 221 west Crogan Street,  770-963-6556.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't forget the Varsity in downtown Atlanta. Great Hot Dogs, Homemade Fries and Tradition.

M4-AK
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:25:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
STAY OUT OF THE CITY...ESPECIALLY THE UNDERGROUND. I WAS THERE LAST YEAR FOR A CONCERT BY THE AIRPORT AND MY BUDDY WANTED TO SE ATLANTA....
THE UNDERGROUND HAD A HUGE NOISEY BASKETBALL PROMOTION GOING ON, WE HAD CRAPPY FOOD IN A RESTURAUNT (SUPPOSED TO BE NICE) THAT SMELLED LIKE ASS.....I COULD GO ON.
NEEDLESS TO SAY MY BUDDY'S HEAD WAS ON A SWIVEL AND HE KEPT REPEATING THAT NO ONE WOULD BELIEVE THE SCENE. JOHN KERRY I'M SURE WANTS EVERY CITY TO LOOK LIKE THIS.
I AM BITING MY TOUNGE HERE, THE CLASS THREE PLACE SOUNDS LIKE FUN....CAN YOU TAKE THE RENTALS DOWN TOWN?

Don't Shout ( Take the cap locks off ).  Say what you mean.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I would skip the Underground, alot of "Urban Outdoorsmen" hang out over there.  I personally don't travel in that area without a loaded sidearm.  A wrong turn over in that side of town will put you in a bad area quick.

Check out the GA hometown forum, I am pretty sure some of the GA ARFCOM crew will hook you up.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:38:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Great.  Thanks.  

What part of ATL are you going to be in and what do you like to do. Clubs, restaurants, scenery?
I'll be staying downtown, near the stadiums.  No choice, that's the deal.  
I will go to the class III range.  Any other good gun stores?  I know the range I used to go to, Shooters near Gwinette Mall, is closed.  
Aside from gun stuff, how about strong black coffee, cigars, strippers, and chocolatty deserts?
No booze, no cheatin' on Mrs. GS.  

BTW, last time I was in town for a short visit I went through Underground Atlanta and felt undergunned with a PM9.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:24:46 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Great.  Thanks.  

What part of ATL are you going to be in and what do you like to do. Clubs, restaurants, scenery?
I'll be staying downtown, near the stadiums.  No choice, that's the deal.  
I will go to the class III range.  Any other good gun stores?  I know the range I used to go to, Shooters near Gwinette Mall, is closed.  
Aside from gun stuff, how about strong black coffee, cigars, strippers, and chocolatty deserts?No booze, no cheatin' on Mrs. GS.  

BTW, last time I was in town for a short visit I went through Underground Atlanta and felt undergunned with a PM9.  

Try Cafe Intermezo. Great desserts and coffee. As far as the strippers are concerned check the GA hometown forum. If you have time, you might want to head over to Little 5 points. You can watch the freaks and have a good burger at the Vortex.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top