Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/23/2004 5:41:32 PM EDT

This is what my buddy keeps in the trunk of his cruiser at all times.  This is kind of a small town, without a heck of a lot of crime.  He is a former ranger, and currently on the SWAT team and dive team.

By the way, this is the same deputy from my other thread.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

Do you happen to know which loads he is curently using in his shotty?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Besides the firearms you can also pooper search female suspects.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
He is obviously a power mad JBT wife beater.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Nice.

Do you happen to know which loads he is curently using in his shotty?

Negative, but I noticed that the brass on the shotgun shells was kind of rusty, so I doubt he uses it very often.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You mean shotguns and accurate, scoped rifles are used by the police to kill ... people?

These weapons of war must be banned for the good of the country! No civilian needs this kind of firepower!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Amateur!

I've got more issued weapons than that in my patrol car.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Besides the firearms you can also pooper search female suspects.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#8]
...I wonder if you can take the MP5 home...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:32:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice.

I have my issued sidearm and shotty, my M-4gery and throwdowm backup.

I'm green with envy!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...I wonder if you can take the MP5 home...

If his car goes home I am sure he can.

Strange question.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I am sure he really appreciates you posting a pic of his unit ... complete with the actual unit number and another beside it with the agency name conveniently visible ... on the wide open web ... so the thieves will at least know what they are going to get for Christmas when they get into his trunk.

Fucking Duh dude ...

Think.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#12]
For some reason I'm picturing a SWAT guy in full gear at a crack house looking into his trunk thinking: "Hmm, what am I in the mood for today?"
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This is what my buddy keeps in the trunk of his cruiser at all times.  This is kind of a small town, without a heck of a lot of crime.  He is a former ranger, and currently on the SWAT team and dive team.

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=32688&iGalleryUnq=1628&iImageUnq=31416

In a small town "without a heck of a lot of crime"  they need a SWAT team and all this equip for what again?  

ETA:  our tax dollars at work
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Wacky G wrote "In a small town "without a heck of a lot of crime"  they need a SWAT team and all this equip for what again?"

Ask the people in Littleton and Paducah ...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=32688&iGalleryUnq=1628&iImageUnq=31416

In a small town "without a heck of a lot of crime"  they need a SWAT team and all this equip for what again?  

why do you need all of your guns and toys?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:44:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I am sure he really appreciates you posting a pic of his unit ... complete with the actual unit number and another beside it with the agency name conveniently visible ... so the thieves will at least know what they are going to get for Christmas when they get into his trunk.

Fucking Duh dude ...

Think.

Tru dat. Yup, yup.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Tackleberry...I love it!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Ask the people in Columbine and Paducah.

So they can play with it outside while someone kills kids inside the school?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wacky G wrote "In a small town "without a heck of a lot of crime"  they need a SWAT team and all this equip for what again?"

Littleton is FAR from being a small town.  It's a suburb of Denver and it's pretty close to some shady areas.  I agree with you in theory, but that sounds like a line out of "Bowling for Columbine".
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Wacky G: Where were you that day hero ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#21]
[liberal]What do you need all of those guns for?[/liberal]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:49:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Where were you that day hero ?

Doing my job....where were they?  Oh that's right, outside in a bunch of tactical gear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#23]
You a cop ?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Nope
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#25]
St. Johns County, FL...     Population, 2002 estimate  136,038

www.fedstats.gov/qf/states/12/12109.html

= ticket revenues, forfeiture, seizures and Federal funding for "The War on Drugs".
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
[liberal]What do you need all of those guns for?[/liberal]

OPPRESSION!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Littleton is FAR from being a small town.  It's a suburb of Denver and it's pretty close to some shady areas.  I agree with you in theory, but that sounds like a line out of "Bowling for Columbine".

As for Peducah - it is the largest city in that area - and one of the larger cities in western Kentucky.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:59:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't buy my guns with public funds and I really don't need (or have) toys at work.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:01:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Nope

Oh. Okay. Maybe I was a little too gruff with ya.

Seriously bud, your friend has some nice weapons. You might wanna ask him about the ARF post before someone sends that to the Sheriff because they will cank his ass right off the team if word gets out that he or his friends are allowing that stuff to be posted on the web.

A Columbine or Paducah can happen anywhere, anytime ... big or small no matter.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

ETA:  our tax dollars at work

Take every reason YOU own guns and then add the LE related reasons and you should have a great answer to your question.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't buy my guns with public funds and I really don't need (or have) toys at work.

you still haven't answered my question.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe his guns and toys were provided at taxpayer expense.  Can you really not see the difference?

I personally don't fault the deputy for anything personally - better to have and not need than need and not have, after all.  Still. when people use asinine logic, I have to step in.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nope

Oh. Okay. Maybe I was a little too gruff with ya.

Seriously bud, your friend has some nice weapons. You might wanna ask him about the ARF post before someone sends that to the Sheriff because they will cank his ass right off the team if word gets out that he or his friends are allowing that stuff to be posted on the web.

A Columbine or Paducah can happen anywhere, anytime ... big or small no matter.

Errr. I didn't post the pics or know the dude...I asked why in the hell he needed the hardware.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
St. Johns County, FL...     Population, 2002 estimate  136,038

www.fedstats.gov/qf/states/12/12109.html

= ticket revenues, forfeiture, seizures and Federal funding for "The War on Drugs".

The car beside his is from St Johns county.  He is not.  These are two take-home vehicles from different areas parked at the Armory during a National Guard weekend drill.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

you still haven't answered my question.

Because it is irrelevent.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you had noticed the other thread, the M4 was purchased by the officer with his own funds for $4k years ago. If the MP5 was purchased by his spuad, they probably spent less than $900 on it. Which would be less that what the Rem. 700 pictured cost.

He is a SWAT officer after all... that could mean one of many things. My county doesn't have a SWAT team, but the quad county area does.

His county may also have a large jail. Excess funds may go back into the law enforment agents trying to do their jobs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:15:16 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

OMG!!!111  You're totally right!  Emergency services should only be prepared for something AFTER it has happened.  Why didn't I think of that?

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you had noticed the other thread, the M4 was purchased by the officer with his own funds for $4k years ago. If the MP5 was purchased by his spuad, they probably spent less than $900 on it. Which would be less that what the Rem. 700 pictured cost.

He is a SWAT officer after all... that could mean one of many things. My county doesn't have a SWAT team, but the quad county area does.

His county may also have a large jail. Excess funds may go back into the law enforment agents trying to do their jobs.

So there is only the waste of a few thousand tax dollars...that sure justifies it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG!!!111  You're totally right!  Emergency services should only be prepared for something AFTER it has happened.  Why didn't I think of that?

So by your logic, he needs to be prepared for any occurance no matter that past experience dictates that the situation won't occur.  That's an easy attitude when you spending other's money.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So there is only the waste of a few thousand tax dollars...that sure justifies it.

WTF are you talking about "waste"?

Why don't you go into the SWAT forum on this site and ask them what it is like to need equipment and not have it because some desk jockey, numbers nanny tells them what their needs in the field are.

No, I think you're the type of person who would be upset if the rifles were give free of charge to the officers.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Wow, thats a nice arsenal to have in your trunk. I pity the poor criminal who starts a fire fight with him.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#43]
FWIW, if I lived in that county, I could think of MUCH worse ways to spend $1000 of my tax money.  Better that it be spent on an MP5 for a SWAT guy who MAY need it, then the cash go to some crack whore to pay the lease on her Cadillac Escalade.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:36:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why don't you go into the SWAT forum on this site and ask them what it is like to need equipment and not have it because some desk jockey, numbers nanny tells them what their needs in the field are.

No, I think you're the type of person who would be upset if the rifles were give free of charge to the officers.

I guess there was carnage in the streets until 15 yrs ago when every PD got a SWAT team.  You've convinced me...he needs a Ma Duce to round out the collection.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:36:50 PM EDT
[#45]
It's almost a given that if you want to find anything of value in a patrol car you need to look in the trunk.  But in NC the Highway Patrol installs "redundant" measures to protect those goodies.  I'm sure lots of other LE Depts do too.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

That M4 is a personally owned weapon. The MP5? Wow, that agency probably spends more than the $1300 it was on gas a week.

Shotgun? Well, geez, there's another $350 tops.

Then again, of course, I support LEs... I don't know what Rodney King beef you have, but get over it. Or perhaps you should wear a police uniform (oh, GOD FORBID should you actually do some real work in your life) and be a walking target subject to insults and slurs/swearing and being in constant state of danger where could be killed in a car crash or a shot from a Lorcin.

Until then, politely cram your "WASTE OF ZE TAXDOLLARS" bullshit up your ass.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#47]
WackyG...

So by your logic, he needs to be prepared for any occurance no matter that past experience dictates that the situation won't occur. That's an easy attitude when you spending other's money.

I guess the police should go back to 6 shot wheelguns as nothing ever happens that requires the use of stronger weapons? Or should we just not prepare for bad things that might not happen?

Having been involved in the Santana school shooting in Santee, CA. (Small Town) I know from experience like items were put to good use during the room-to-room search for a suspect.

In all fairness you sound like a cop hating moron with no basis in fact.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess there was carnage in the streets until 15 yrs ago when every PD got a SWAT team.  You've convinced me...he needs a Ma Duce to round out the collection.

He will probably never be shot in the chest, so lests just take away his armor while we are at it. That cost over $1,000.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:44:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
WackyG...

So by your logic, he needs to be prepared for any occurance no matter that past experience dictates that the situation won't occur. That's an easy attitude when you spending other's money.

So they either don't need it, or will be playing with outside the school while things. happen inside.

Having been involved in the Santana school shooting in Santee, CA. (Small Town) I know from experience like items were put to good use during the room-to-room search for a suspect.

In all fairness you sound like a cop hating moron with no basis in fact.

Don't hate cops...definately not a moron (although your resorting to name calling does give us an indication of your intelligence)...just don't understand why a PEACE officer needs to be armed like a soldier, at taxpayer expense.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:45:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As for Peducah - it is the largest city in that area - and one of the larger cities in western Kentucky.

Saying that Paducah is one of the larger cities in WKY is not saying much.

It is a nice collection of weapons.  Far better the department should have invested its money in items with reach and effect than in tasers & beanbag guns.  If you need to shoot the SOB then kill him dead.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top