Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2004 5:09:11 PM EDT
Wich one do you think would win.

I'm going to go for O'l Blue.
Made in the USA

Made in France.  Just look at the guns that have to be hidden so that the natives do not get offended.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
No way, airwolf would smoke BT. It can fly upside down with Earnest Borgnine in it for crying out loud. Plus it could break the sound barrier. Case closed!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Blue Thunder would kick it's ass, as long as Roy is in the cockpit.

"That's impossible!"
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#3]
blue thunder hands down

it actually has a believeable weapon system
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:18:19 PM EDT
[#4]
the red x will win
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Airwolf would win because it had better theme music.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
<----------------------

Airwolf is better armed, faster and more maneuverable.  No contest unless the pilot flying it was a total amature.

Not to mention better looking  And Airwolf was based on an American ship (Bell) where Blue Thunder is a frog design (Aerospatiale)

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I voted Blue Thunder.

But AirWolf might be the better aircraft.

But only because it's a few years newer. But only a few.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
<----------------------

Airwolf is better armed, faster and more maneuverable.  No contest unless the pilot flying it was a total amature.

Not to mention better looking  And Airwolf was based on an American ship (Bell) where Blue Thunder is a frog design (Aerospatiale)

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/airwolf.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/airwolf144/airwolf-09.jpg

Guns that hide = French

Guns in the open = US

and Roy is a better pilot than that hippie dude.

Besides my reallity is better.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
No way, airwolf would smoke BT. It can fly upside down with Earnest Borgnine in it for crying out loud. Plus it could break the sound barrier. Case closed!

Helicopters dont go that fast in the real world...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#10]
pffft, like you could defeat airwolf.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:04:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Helicopters dont go that fast in the real world...

they dont have whisper mode either, but who's counting?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#12]
double tap
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Wich one do you think would win.

I'm going to go for O'l Blue.
Made in the USA
www.urban.ne.jp/home/ubik/cinema/bluethan.jpg

Made in France.  Just look at the guns that have to be hidden so that the natives do not get offended.
airwar.hihome.com/media/movie/airwolf-09.jpg

Blue Thunder was operated by The Man.  Airwolf was stolen from The Man.   When I was a kid I always thought Airwolf was badass and Blue Thunder was a POS.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:16:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Airwolf would win,  too bad it wasnt a Sikorsky
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
KITT would kick their asses.

Only until the A-Team showed up, then it's game over for all the other participants. They would fire off 10,000 rounds of various ammo, not hit a single person, and still win the fight. How can you top that?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Well, then Crockett and Tubbs would show up and blow them away!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only until the A-Team showed up, then it's game over for all the other participants. They would fire off 10,000 rounds of various ammo, not hit a single person, and still win the fight. How can you top that?

Then the duuuudes from Riptide could take everyone down to Cabo to party with VanHalen and those guys from Simon and Simon!!  Totalllllly Tuuuuuuuuubular bro!!!  

ETA:  Voted for Airwolf.  AS IF.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:27:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Plus Jan Michael Vincent was drunk all the time... Stinking drunk!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Plus Jan Michael Vincent was drunk all the time... Stinking drunk!

You've been misinformed.  Court records clearly indicate he only drank when he beat his wife.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:30:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I was always partial to the Fall Guy's truck.(or was it Heather Thomas)
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Airwolf crashed.
Blue Thunder didn't.

Blue Thunder wins by default.

Airwolf
The Airwolf helicopter was actually a modified Bell 222 painted black (serial number 47085, registration number N3176S). After the show was cancelled the modifications were removed. The aircraft was repainted and eventually sold to the German firm, Hubschrauber-Sonder-Dienst and given the German registration number D-HHSD. Airwolf, as a plain Bell 222 air ambulance, crashed in a thunderstorm on 9 June 1991, killing her three passengers.

Blue Thunder
The star helicopter of the movie was a modified French Aerospatiale SA.341G Gazelle helicopter. This model was developed as a light observation helicopter for European defence forces. It features an advanced three-blade main rotor system, a shrouded tail rotor system built into the tail itself, and high visibility cabin windows.

The Gazelle cruises at 146 knots and is considered quite fast considering it is only powered by a single gas turbine engine and seats as many as a Jetranger. Another unique feature of this helicopter is that the shrouded tail rotor is made up of a dozen or so small fan blades that spin at very high RPM. This results in a harmonic effect with the main rotor that produces a loud, whiney sound, commonly known as "shrieking".

The Blue Thunder version had modifications that included an entirely new retrofitted cabin canopy. This change removed the soft, round cabin and replaced it with an agressive, insect-like attack helicopter canopy. This was perhaps one of the most important styling points to make the machine appear menacing. The designers also added the mockup moving minigun that fired water and fitted dummy accessories to the sides of the aircraft.

There were also a series of minor cosmetic changes here and there. Although the result looked fantastic and very believable, and even regaining FAA airworthyness, these all added weight and the resulting impact on the aircraft's performance led to clever camera filming techniques being employed to make it look fast.

"Just thought you might like to see this shot I took of apparently all that remains of the two Blue Thunder helicopters--it's residing in pretty poor shape on the backlot tour of MGM studios in Florida. It really is in poor state but the magic is still there. The annoying thing is you make the tour on a train and don't stop--so you have to take pictures on the move."

www.gregdonner.org/blue_thunder/bluethunder.avi
"Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf" video clip in Video for Windows format
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Didn't Blue Thunder have pooper/pics experience?

CW
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Jan Michael Vincent would take down blue thunder with airwolfes twin propane fueled wingtip guns!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Hi, this post is all about AIRWOLF, REAL AIRWOLF.  This post is awesome.    My name is 2IDdoc and I can't stop thinking about Airwolf.  This helicopter is cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1.    Airwolf pilots are mammals.

2.    Airwolf fights ALL the time.

3.    The purpose of Airwolf is to flip out and kill people

If you don't believe that Airwolf has REAL Ultimate Power  you better get a life right now or it will chop your head off!!!  It's an easy choice, if you ask me.  
Airwolf is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants.  I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart.  This helicopter is totally awesome and that's a fact.  Airwolf is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet.  I can't wait to start pilot lessons next year.  I love Airwolf with all of my body (including my pee pee)
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:01:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Hi, this post is all about AIRWOLF, REAL AIRWOLF.  This post is awesome.    My name is 2IDdoc and I can't stop thinking about Airwolf.  This helicopter is cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Facts:

1.    Airwolf pilots are mammals.

2.    Airwolf fights ALL the time.

3.    The purpose of Airwolf is to flip out and kill people

If you don't believe that Airwolf has REAL Ultimate Power  you better get a life right now or it will chop your head off!!!  It's an easy choice, if you ask me.  
Airwolf is sooooooooooo sweet that I want to crap my pants.  I can't believe it sometimes, but I feel it inside my heart.  This helicopter is totally awesome and that's a fact.  Airwolf is fast, smooth, cool, strong, powerful, and sweet.  I can't wait to start pilot lessons next year.  I love Airwolf with all of my body (including my pee pee)

Whoa.

CW
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:04:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:36:54 AM EDT
[#28]

Blue Thunder, It had a naked chic at the begining of the movie.  Gotta love that.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:03:46 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:09:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Duddeeeeee thanks for the memories.   I miss my childhood.  Yes the Airwolf music rocks.  And that cave lair.. oooh hot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top