Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2004 3:48:14 PM EDT
I came in late on the story but I heard that a federal judge reversed the ruling on prov. ballots.

Any links or news on this???
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't hear anything but it would certainly be the right thing to do
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:02:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Let me ask you something? Why to repubs fear people being able to vote? Why do they want to prevent people from casting  ballots? It could be a bush ballot ya know! It was the same with the motor voter registration of the 90's. The Repubs belive that somehow more Dems will sign up than Reps or independants so they opposed it. If someone casts a provisional ballot and it is later verified to be a legally registered person who only voted once what does it matter?  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:03:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Am I missing something?

Yes.  If you don't see it I'm afraid there is no use in explaining it to ya.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Pulled this off of DU

Ohio Provisional Ballot Ruling Reversed

CINCINNATI - A federal appeals court on Saturday reversed a lower court's ruling that Ohio voters could cast provisional ballots on Election Day anywhere in the county in which they are registered.

The 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled that a provisional ballot cast outside a voter's home precinct isn't valid, agreeing with Ohio Secretary of State Kenneth Blackwell. Federal law allows people to get provisional ballots if they are in the right jurisdiction. Blackwell, a Republican, defines that as a precinct, while Democrats say it's the voter's county.

The state's Democrats had filed a lawsuit challenging Blackwell's directive instructing county elections boards not to give ballots to voters who come to the wrong precinct and to send them to the correct polling place on Election Day.

<snip>

no link yet.

here is the link to DU as per usual leave cold

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x927553
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:08:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Let me ask you something? Why to repubs fear people being able to vote? Why do they want to prevent people from casting  ballots?

People shouldn't vote more than once.
Felons shouldn't vote.
Dead people shouldn't vote.
Non-citizens shouldn't vote.

Why do leftists always resist things (like requiring valid photo ID to vote) that would stop illegal votes from being cast?

Quoted:
Am I missing something?

Yes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:14:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I would not be shocked if poll workers ask for photo id to vote this time around.

You'dd think that would be the law, but that would offend some people.

If you ask me, you should have to give a valid photo ID, a retinal scan, a fingerprint, AND a voice print.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:15:07 PM EDT
[#9]
T-Sox alert in the clubhouse, stat
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would not be shocked if poll workers ask for photo id to vote this time around.

You'dd think that would be the law, but that would offend some people.

If you ask me, you should have to give a valid photo ID, a retinal scan, a fingerprint, AND a voice print.

And a stool sample
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I hope so.  Valid photo ID should be required to cast a ballot everywhere.

These 'provisional ballots' are bad news.  There will be lawsuits afterwards over these rotten things, wait and see.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I really don't see why needing ID and showing up at the correct polling place is such a problem, other than the fact that that makes it harder to have fraud which is why the dems are against it
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Provisional Ballot - person x goes to vote at location y, does not need to show ID, and votes.  Then same person x goes to location z, does not need to show ID, and votes.  repeat.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
We want everyone who is legally allowed to vote to do so... but we don't want FRAUD you DUh troll! hr

Jesus Christ you are a bitter old man. The guy has almost 1,000 post and you have the nerve to call hiim a DU troll. Is your position so weak that you just sling insults instead of a casual informed debate?
I think you are getting too antsy and cant take the heat this close to the election. Grow up dude.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:29:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I really don't see why needing ID and showing up at the correct polling place is such a problem, other than the fact that that makes it harder to have fraud which is why the dems are against it

That would just be a voilation of our rights.

I am almost ashamed to be from OH. with all of this BS going on.
All I can say is me and my mine will be there and I will hand over my ID. wheather
I am asked for it or not.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:34:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is the link to the story

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

On the nosey.  The dems were hoping to get unionist thugs to vote often in numerous polling places.

Exactly.  Remember - Bush/Gore 2000 election - some states were within a couple of hundred votes one way or the other .  THIS IS A BIG DEAL folks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jive E. Turkey

dude! that's my democrapic uncle in akron!

Then why was he registering to vote in CLEVELAND??????

House trailer?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:36:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Jesus Christ you are a bitter old man. The guy has almost 1,000 post and you have the nerve to call hiim a DU troll. Is your position so weak that you just sling insults instead of a casual informed debate?
I think you are getting too antsy and cant take the heat this close to the election. Grow up dude.

I don't know if the poster is a DU troll or just clueless, you however.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We want everyone who is legally allowed to vote to do so... but we don't want FRAUD you DUh troll!

Someone who's been here a month with 17 posts should not go sticking their nose into things they don't know anything about.  We have quite a few DUh type trolls on this site with LOTS of posts that have even PAID to become members, such is their dedication.

As a noob you need to read more and type less until you get the lay of the land around here, lest you be considered a troll yourself.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:44:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We want everyone who is legally allowed to vote to do so... but we don't want FRAUD you DUh troll!

yep, he is a busy troll, why don't you pay attention to his posts and you'll see why he is a troll.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#26]
50 registration cards were turned in by the Labor Union in Akron because they had different names, but the same address.
Someone was caught turning in fake registration cards, in exchange for crack coacine, which was indirectly supllied by the NAACP.
Columbus, Cleveland, and Delaware Co, are over 100% registration.  
They also are finding record numbers of returned registration cards in these areas, meaning the person on the registration card can't be located, or just plain does not exist.

Perhaps that's why Republicans are worried.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:52:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
We have several members at DUh with 1,000 plus posts that are ARFCOM trolls...

Classic DUh troll line

Let me ask you something? Why to repubs fear people being able to vote? Why do they want to prevent people from casting ballots?

Don't want to be branded, don't use their talking points...

And I'm a bitter relatively young man... bitter that democrats are trying to steal an election with fraud, bitter that democrats champion a society where nobody is responsible for their own behavior, bitter that they think government is the answer to all of people's personal shortcomins, bitter that a scumbag like Kerry can wrap himself in the same flag he pissed on AND people buy it, bitter that people label Republicans as racists and thugs for "disenfranchising" voters when the only thing we want is to make sure that the election is fair, bitter that a British newspaper today called for the asassination of our president, bitter that 3,000 people died at the hands of cowards who hate us because we believe in freedom...  Want me to go on why I'm fucking bitter?

Amen brother!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:58:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Am I missing something?

Yes. Your brain.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#29]
I live in South Central Ohio.  A friend's wife is on our board of elections.  Fortunately, she is a real hard ass and is trying to weed out the fraudulent registrations.  I wish her the best of luck - AND I don't give a crap what party they claim, if they are a fraud they should go to the crowbar hotel!

There are more registered voters in Franklin County (Columbus, state capital) than folks of voting age according to the last census.  SCREW THAT - it indicates MASSIVE fraud is possible!!

The lower court judge that originally ruled against Black well (a good guy) was clearly biased and a raging liberal.  Read the opinion.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:00:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How in the hell would you know? Why are you DUers even over here? We're not gay, we're not cowards and we're not anti-AMerican. Go home to the commy bastion, we're tired of your schitt here.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
50 registration cards were turned in by the Labor Union in Akron because they had different names, but the same address.
Someone was caught turning in fake registration cards, in exchange for crack coacine, which was indirectly supllied by the NAACP.
Columbus, Cleveland, and Delaware Co, are over 100% registration.  
They also are finding record numbers of returned registration cards in these areas, meaning the person on the registration card can't be located, or just plain does not exist.

Perhaps that's why Republicans are worried.

I heard on the radio the other day that Philadelphia, Pa. is the same way. More people registered to vote than there are people there according to the last census.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#33]
... the Dems want to have mass staging areas in Ohio for busing people into voting stations, who would otherwise not not. IE, minorities and other moderate Dems who would otherwise not be voting this year.

They want to bus them into centralized voting stations, outside of their precint. This might be a good idea on a local level, but not on a state/regional level. One must only be able to vote in their precint. If not, what is to keep someone from getting on Interstate 75 and driving up and down the state and vote 10 seperate times?

If someone is not smart enough or commited enough to find their proper polling place, what purpose do they have voting?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Here is more info should you be interested.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

thanks for outing yourself and making us not do any work!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:19:43 PM EDT
[#36]
this is GREAT NEWS btw!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Perhaps we could discover the "staging areas" and infiltrate them with Bush banners, etc...
See if they let us on the bus to vote, or see if we can scare away the "eligible voters" bought-and-paid-for homeless minority types democrats.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:36:46 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
wait wait WAIT... do I still get to be bitter?

Yes...and I would have my finger on the eject button on these DU clowns until after the election. Their plan is to flood this board with a troll army after the election. Trust me on this one. I've been an active poster on DU for 3 years now. Got one of their ":secret" e-mail plans to flood a hundred boards if Kerry wins. I was going to send one of you mods the directive this week.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:37:09 PM EDT
[#41]

wait wait WAIT... do I still get to be bitter?

Actually save that for tomorrow when EV.com puts up his map showing Kerry with 700 Electoral votes and Bush in the negative column.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
We have several members at DUh with 1,000 plus posts that are ARFCOM trolls...

Classic DUh troll line

Let me ask you something? Why to repubs fear people being able to vote? Why do they want to prevent people from casting ballots?

Don't want to be branded, don't use their talking points...

And I'm a bitter relatively young man... bitter that democrats are trying to steal an election with fraud, bitter that democrats champion a society where nobody is responsible for their own behavior, bitter that they think government is the answer to all of people's personal shortcomins, bitter that a scumbag like Kerry can wrap himself in the same flag he pissed on AND people buy it, bitter that people label Republicans as racists and thugs for "disenfranchising" voters when the only thing we want is to make sure that the election is fair, bitter that a British newspaper today called for the asassination of our president, bitter that 3,000 people died at the hands of cowards who hate us because we believe in freedom...  Want me to go on why I'm fucking bitter?

If we ever meet, I'm buying you a beer. You've expressed my feelings to the last syllable.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Let me ask you something? Why to repubs fear people being able to vote? Why do they want to prevent people from casting  ballots? It could be a bush ballot ya know! It was the same with the motor voter registration of the 90's. The Repubs belive that somehow more Dems will sign up than Reps or independants so they opposed it. If someone casts a provisional ballot and it is later verified to be a legally registered person who only voted once what does it matter?  Am I missing something?

The problem is one of massive Democrat-induced fraud.

If you cast a provisional ballot at the WRONG POLLING PLACE, it is very likely you did it on purpose, because you cast a real ballot at YOUR polling place...

The ruling simply requires that you be at the RIGHT POLLING PLACE in order for your vote to count, the same as it was before provisional ballots.

FURTHER, WE FEAR THAT THE DEMS WILL ENGAGE IN 'VOTER SHUTTLING' TO ILLEGALLY DEFEAT GOP  CANDIDATES BY BUSING IN DEMOCARTS TO VOTE IN AREAS WHERE THEY DO NOT LIVE (EG YOU LIVE IN CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT '4' WHICH IS SAFE DEMOCRAT, SO THEY SHIP YOU TO ILLEGALLY VOTE IN DISTRICT '5' WHICH IS UP FOR GRABS)...

THERE IS A REASON YOU CAN ONLY VOTE IN YOUR OWN HOME PRECINCT, BECAUSE OF THE LOCAL/STATE/CONGRESSIONAL CANDIDATES ON THE BALLOT, AND THE FACT THAT IT IS ONLY LEGAL TO VOTE FOR THEM IF YOU LIVE IN THEIR DISTRICT.

The GOP doesn't fear people voting. They fear people voting 'Chicago Style (Dead or Alive, Early & OFTEN), since we don't have proper measures available (nationwide voter photo ID requirement) to prevent this...

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

These 'provisional ballots' are bad news.  There will be lawsuits afterwards over these rotten things, wait and see.

Unfortunately, it is ILLEGAL to ask for ID in 17 states including WI
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unfortunately, it is ILLEGAL to ask for ID in 17 states including WI

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work, but if a sheriff in a certain county, decided to post a deputy at each polling place, it would seem he would be able to request a photo ID. - The sheriff doesn't want any crime happening under his, this would help prevent it......
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:00:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Yeah well I'm not a troll. I only went to DU once after reading about it on ARFCOM of all places. But I hate Neo-cons!! So I stir up the shit in GD. But I probably got more gun knowledge in my pinkie than some jerks have in their whole empty head. And if you make the slightest observation aboout the neo-cons bad behavior or contradictiory Ideology you are branded a troll. You see it's the best way to "answer" an arguement when you have no real debating skills. Besides, Some of the posters here are bitter cause I bitch slapped'em in a debate about Prescription drug benefits, or about how the pope protects child molesters. But if you go through the archives you note I have never spoken against The RKBA, But thats not good enough for some. Unless you're a newsmax, Fox news Sheeple you must be a DU troll.
And If you note the owners of the website and a lot of people live in eastern LI, and hang out at the Calverton Range. I've been there and met Goatboy as well as others and showed off my latest 'toys' (Galil baby!). No 'troll' would bother hanging out here since 2002 and deal with all the self-appointed troll patrol knuckle heads unless he really owned guns and just liked 'sparring' with people over their bad assumptions. PS - I never said I liked Kerry or would vote for him, but let's face it 52% of voting americans dissapprove of Bush because of his bad policies and when I see some of the things he's up to it makes me mad.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:10:19 PM EDT
[#49]

You people are like frightened little children.

It cracks me up how you guys label someone a DU troll at the first sign of free thought and or a low post count. hin.

BTW

You can call me a DU
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top