Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/23/2004 1:47:55 PM EDT
What is wrong with people recently?  Never in my life have I crossed paths with so many assholes.

An hour ago I went to the grocery store to pick up some fried chicken from the deli.  I went and waited in line at the U-scan checkouts.  Since it was busy, the line was rather long.  However, I waited my turn.  Finally a checkout became available.  I was setting my basket down when this girl tried to PUSH me out of her way as she threw a case of beer on the scanner all she said was I am in a big hurry.  I grabbed the case of beer sat it on the floor and said sorry you will have to wait in line like everyone else.  She then SCREAMS out "You dick!"  I turned around and said "You are a pretentious, snotty nosed bitch that needs to learn that she can't get everything she wants".  She then stands there saying “I can’t believe this you are such a dick”.  After I finished with the check out she butts in front of another person.

Another example, my good friend moved into a cabin that sits on 500 acres.  One weekend we took the time to post “No Trespassing” signs all along the boundary.  He has gotten harassing phone calls from pissed off hunters calling him a “greedy prick” because he won’t give them permission to hunt.  Three weeks ago he caught 3 guys stealing his firewood!  We were shooting three weeks ago.  Mostly mag dumps and fun stuff like that when these people rode by on their horses and started complaining about us shooting and it being dangerous when there are other people around.  Then they were asking if our “machine guns” were registered.  This was on my best friends’ property!!  We asked them if they say the posted signs and they replied “Yeah, but the previous owner never said anything to us so we figured you mind us up here, so we just ignored the signs.

I have a client who is having his 100 acre tract of woods clear-cut harvested.  His neighbor has just put his house on the market and is threatening to sue my client because the timber harvest has degraded his view so bad, that he thinks that it has reduced his home value by $20k and is telling my client to fork it out or be sued and that my client should have consulted with him before deciding to sell timber.  

ARRRGHHHH..........

I feel a little bit better now.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Is America becoming a nation of a-holes?  

It'll all be over soon.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Half of it is.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:53:59 PM EDT
[#4]
No Tresspassing.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Thought that's what made this county great??
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
YES !!

Not only are they lacking in morals, manners, ethics and respect, they have the attitude that they are owed something.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Nah.  I'm a dick.

America.....   FUCK YEAH!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What is wrong with people recently?  Never in my life have I crossed paths with so many assholes.

An hour ago I went to the grocery store to pick up some fried chicken from the deli.  I went and waited in line at the U-scan checkouts.  Since it was busy, the line was rather long.  However, I waited my turn.  Finally a checkout became available.  I was setting my basket down when this girl tried to PUSH me out of her way as she threw a case of beer on the scanner all she said was I am in a big hurry.  I grabbed the case of beer sat it on the floor and said sorry you will have to wait in line like everyone else.  She then SCREAMS out "You dick!"  I turned around and said "You are a pretentious, snotty nosed bitch that needs to learn that she can't get everything she wants".  She then stands there saying “I can’t believe this you are such a dick”.  After I finished with the check out she butts in front of another person.

Another example, my good friend moved into a cabin that sits on 500 acres.  One weekend we took the time to post “No Trespassing” signs all along the boundary.  He has gotten harassing phone calls from pissed off hunters calling him a “greedy prick” because he won’t give them permission to hunt.  Three weeks ago he caught 3 guys stealing his firewood!  We were shooting three weeks ago.  Mostly mag dumps and fun stuff like that when these people rode by on their horses and started complaining about us shooting and it being dangerous when there are other people around.  Then they were asking if our “machine guns” were registered.  This was on my best friends’ property!!  We asked them if they say the posted signs and they replied “Yeah, but the previous owner never said anything to us so we figured you mind us up here, so we just ignored the signs.

I have a client who is having his 100 acre tract of woods clear-cut harvested.  His neighbor has just put his house on the market and is threatening to sue my client because the timber harvest has degraded his view so bad, that he thinks that it has reduced his home value by $20k and is telling my client to fork it out or be sued and that my client should have consulted with him before deciding to sell timber.  

ARRRGHHHH..........

Oh, yeah...well FUCK YOU!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 1:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
It's called demecrats, oops did I say that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:02:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I was picking up a box of Velocitors last night at Gander Mt, standing at the back of a pokey line (lots of folks buying hunting licenses).  Finally they get another register open and the guy behind me dashes over immediately while I'm stepping back to let this old fellah ahead of me get there.  The codger just looks at this prick and then joins me in shaking his head.

You see this kind of crap in traffic alot more than when folks are in public.  It's like the rudeness that permeates the internet, it's easier on the soul if you can do it annonymously.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The other examples aside, these viewshed complaints are increasing. We have had several lawsuits in my area in recent years over loss of viewshed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The other examples aside, these viewshed complaints are increasing. We have had several lawsuits in my area in recent years over loss of viewshed.

You have got to be kidding me!  So now people are starting to sue other people because they don't like what other people are doing on their own land?  I told the sue happy landowner that he owed my client $20k for every year that he owed the land because he was mouching off of his view.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I guess I'm fortunate that I haven't really run into those types of things. I'm sure some events occured but sitting here, trying to think of one - nothing comes to mind at all.  Sorry to hear about the rude folks.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:32:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I used to ignore them, but as their numbers have increased, I let them know what assholes they are.  Life's too short to pass up a chance to call out an asshole.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Stop being a pussy.

(i'm so ronrey...)

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:39:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Pretty much is. Sad to say. I have a neighbor who got pissed at me because I had the nerve to ask him to quit blowing his leftover grass in my yard and on my car. They were also mad at me because I told another neighbor that I was going to take them to court over their stupid dog barking every night constantly. (now, I did the nice thing first and asked the dog's owners to keep them in, wrote them letters, and called animal control 3x)
Guess Im an asshole because I like piece and quiet when I sleep and don't want someone else's trash in my yard.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes, they are.

I went OS in 1990, and returned in 1998.

The changes I saw in 1998 were incredible.  I still haven't adjusted.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]

No.  It's been a generation of A-holes ever since Gen X past the 10 year old mark.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
You have got to be kidding me!  So now people are starting to sue other people because they don't like what other people are doing on their own land?  I told the sue happy landowner that he owed my client $20k for every year that he owed the land because he was mouching off of his view.

Three examples come to mind: a guy wanted to develop the old Ithaca Gun factory area last year; a neighbor who only comes to town on weekends from NYC succesfully sued because their view of the lake would be blocked.
Second case: Big Lots wanted to build off of our "Miracle Mile" , which ends near a state park. Eco-nuts sued because in the winter and fall when the leaves are off the trees, the orange roof of the Big Lots was visible from one of the trails in the state park.
Third: An old folks home was being built South of town. The spot happened to abutt a scenic overlook used to observe the valley and the lake. A lawsuit resulted. The old folks home was built.
There are others, but those come to mind.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:52:13 PM EDT
[#21]
People have become "instant gratification" junkies. If they can't have it right now, they get pissed, and it's your fault.
Sad commentary of modern times.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Mostly mag dumps and fun stuff like that when these people rode by on their horses and started complaining about us shooting and it being dangerous when there are other people around.  Then they were asking if our “machine guns” were registered.  This was on my best friends’ property!!  We asked them if they say the posted signs and they replied “Yeah, but the previous owner never said anything to us so we figured you mind us up here, so we just ignored the signs.

You missed a golden opportunity to teach them a hard lesson.

As soon as they admitted to seeing the No Trespassing signs, you should have ordered them off their horses, at gunpoint if necessary, and held them until the Sheriff arrived to issue citations or arrest them for trespass.

That's what I should have done.  When I lived in Kansas, I had sole permission to hunt a parcel of land belonging to my neighbor in town.  I checked on it often and never went unarmed, particularly around hunting season.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:10:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

No.  It's been a generation of A-holes ever since Gen X past the 10 year old mark.

Guess the Baby Boomers shouldn't have dropped the ball on raising Gen X huh?

Speaking of assholes....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#24]
I saw a patient in the ER today.  He slipped a disc in his back on Wednesday and came to the ER then.  They gave him steroids and pain pills.  He came back today and I was asked to see him.  Since Wednesday he hasn't stopped working as a mason and did some more heavy lifting after being told to take it easy for a week.  I tell him that he needs an MRI of his back in the near future and he says that he doesn't have any health insurance.  No problem:  if it happened at work then Workmen's Compensation should cover it.  Turns out that he's been working tax-free under the table.    Greedy, selfish, short-sighted, me me me world.  It's only going to get worse until things come to a head.  It won't be pretty.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]
blame mass media, specifically television.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
When you grow up being taught manners by Bart Simpson and learn morals from M-TV videos while your mom and dad are neglecting you any social behaivor results.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner!  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:44:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Since 1975?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Lack of respect for individual property rights. People may own land, it's not a pubic park.

I get this,"it belongs to all of us" attitude all the time.

You want land,buy it!

gm
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:54:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't blame Gen-X. It's those God damn baby boomers! ME ME ME! I I I I I I !!!! What a bunch of selfish pricks.

Anyhew, You'd be suprised how anal people are about Guns even inthe woods. I got told the same story. Oh yeah your shooting hurts my horses ears. WAH WAH WAH!! Go away! They just think that a stray bullet is going to somehow hit their house in some way??!! But I found that the best thing to do is A.  respect the property lines, Don't go into their shit. B. Always talk and get to know your neifghbors as friends. it's harder for them to be dicks to you. As well as compromise and reassure them that you'll never point your guns in their houses direction and you got a good backstop. And don't GO CRAZY shooting like nuts! I know it's annoying but better  than nothing. But for some "anti-gunners" there is no reasoning. So you'll just have to deal with it ( probably gonna have to talk to cops who show up cause they ratted you out).  
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#30]
It is becoming much more noticable.  

I live in a resort/recreation area and the downstaters are really getting unbareable.  We get them pounding on the telco office doors demanding that we fix their cable TV.  I've had fools report that their DSL isn't working.  They haul their laptop from home to the cottage, plug it into the wall and expect it to work....Uh, we do not have DSL in this area.  WTF, is it supposed to follow you like a puppy?

I've begun to notice people at gas stations are very inconsiderate.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I used to ignore them, but as their numbers have increased, I let them know what assholes they are.  Life's too short to pass up a chance to call out an asshole.

Of course, for all the reasons previously stated.

I am a very tolerant, patient, person, that being said I am not afraid to "lock horns" with anybody either on my part, or to defend the helpless.  As a point of fact I enjoy "sniping" assholes who think they have the upper hand in a situation with someone they viewed as "helpless." It's really quite fun to blindside these assholes, but I choose my battles.  Let the games begin!

Hessian-1out!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Just remember they're still in the minority, and go buy yourself another gun as a reward.

But when you can no longer deal with it, S.S.&S.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:13:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#34]
First instinct is to say "yes", then I'll get lucky and have a day where I just keep running into nice people.  It reminds me to try to be one of those nice people.

Grin and bear it, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#35]
what you mean "becoming".....
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
When you grow up being taught manners by Bart Simpson and learn morals from M-TV videos while your mom and dad are neglecting you any social behaivor results.

[golfclap]

"Don't get me started....DON'T get me started......"
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:36:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Before we start to smash the TV (which does indeed suck), perhaps we should look at the folks who stuck those kids in front of the TV in the first place, eh?  Just as my generation is addicted to instant gratification, the generation that raised us is addicted to the "I couldn't have F$CKED it up, why I was a god-like parent who just had bad kids to deal with and the TV was against me!"

Uh huh.  

Of course, on the other hand, living even in a college town in Missouri I can't really remember the last time somebody was an a-hole to me.  Literally.  Even the people who hate me are reasonably polite.  Strange that it should be that way here.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

BUZZ! Wrong answer! Blame the parents that abdicated their responsibility to the TV set.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I live in Los Angeles.

CW
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BUZZ! Wrong answer! Blame the parents that abdicated their responsibility to the TV set.

surely i can get partial credit.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#41]
gonna get worse with the lack of respect youths have anymore.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:09:25 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

ARRRGHHHH..........

There there its okay.

I know how you feel, see my post "Is it just me or are employees THAT STUPID?"

it is just life, and unfortunately, it happens.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 12:19:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Yes!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Don't blame Gen-X. It's those God damn baby boomers! ME ME ME! I I I I I I !!!! What a bunch of selfish pricks.

Anyhew, You'd be suprised how anal people are about Guns even inthe woods. I got told the same story. Oh yeah your shooting hurts my horses ears. WAH WAH WAH!! Go away! They just think that a stray bullet is going to somehow hit their house in some way??!! But I found that the best thing to do is A.  respect the property lines, Don't go into their shit. B. Always talk and get to know your neifghbors as friends. it's harder for them to be dicks to you. As well as compromise and reassure them that you'll never point your guns in their houses direction and you got a good backstop. And don't GO CRAZY shooting like nuts! I know it's annoying but better  than nothing. But for some "anti-gunners" there is no reasoning. So you'll just have to deal with it ( probably gonna have to talk to cops who show up cause they ratted you out).  

Umm T-stox those baby boomers are Viet-Nam vets!!!!   Not just ME Me maybe some of us!!!

You young whippersnappers had better wake up!!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
It's called democraps, oops did I say step in that.

Fixed it fer ya.

Lack of Respect.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Now you know what to do with your M4 and all that ammo!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:02:51 PM EDT
[#47]
VTHokieshooter, do you still live around VT? If so, for your own sake, never come up here. The traffic alone will give you a coronary, much less the 'tudes.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#48]
I am an asshole and a gentleman, depending on which you deserve.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:27:01 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I am an asshole and a gentleman, depending on which you deserve.

I like that saying, is that an original C_J?

Danny

P.S. I think I could pull off both at once.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#50]
People were more civil when they could be called out for a duel.  Todays a-holes exist because it cost more to kick the shit out of them (civil suits) than to just ignore them.  Of course dueling wouldn't work because duels were about pride and honor.  These a-holes have zero honor.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top