User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/10/2001 5:33:32 PM EDT
Then you should check out this link.

http://www.fnfal.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/006471.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the tip. Those pricks'll never see a penny from either me, or anyone I know. I hope MAC-V really sticks it to 'em!
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Man , RGUNS are some wacked out people. Their posting of personal info of a customer was totally off base. An immediate boycott of them is called for. They need a swift kick in the you know what. Thanks for the heads up. We need to spread the word like wildfire .
[grenade]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Crossing them off my list....
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 6:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
When will they ever understand ... the CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT !!!!! Yes Paul, a letter campaign would be good. Nobody who works for their money to spend should be treated like this. It's a wonder some body has'nt already when postal on those azzholes at R Guns.  -- Da Rooster
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#6]
PAUL........Done.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 7:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea I know these guys, They remind me of that picture of the guy with his head up his ass(I gotta get that pic) on another thread. I'll probably see them at the Kane County gun show St. Charles IL tomorrow. I think I,m gonna ask if they have any of that south african 223 left. to see what kind of rise it brings. Man you know he's steaming reading all that negative response. aint no way to repair the damage done
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I am a FAL brother that would like to thank Hamster for his post.

RGUNS IS FILTH!

http://www.fnfal.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/006471.html
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually have baught a DSA FAL from rguns. I don't doubt your complaints, but my service was pretty good.

Someone else had posted that they lived near rguns and that their storefront is full of white power stuff.

All I know is that I found them on the web, saw a rifle I liked, baught it without a hitch.

It does sound pretty brutal that they sent that nasty note with the retured ammo. Not real good P.R. Word travels fast online.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
M4 - That wasn't the worst of it! The freakin' guy posted the customers phone# and address on the bulletin board!!!!
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:13:47 PM EDT
[#12]
ditto what shot out posted.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#13]
M4 - That wasn't the worst of it! The freakin' guy posted the customers phone# and address on the bulletin board!!!!
View Quote

That is COLMPLETE BULLSH!T.

I'm going to have a look for myself. If it's there, I'll never buy a thing from them again.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I did not know MAC-V but it could have been you or me. Nice to see the American spirit here. Lets all stick together.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 10:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
The way the word is spreading they will be out of business in a couple of weeks.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 11:18:21 PM EDT
[#16]
If you really want to let them know how disgusted you are print out a single page flyer with at big graphic of R GUNS cirlced with a line through it and in bold type "I am boycotting R GUNS". Everytime they are at a gun show hand a them a copy. If you don't live in their area mail them one. Just think, if enough people do this IN PERSON they will probably shut down early and go home or most likely explode like bob and show the crowd what asses they truly are.
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 11:43:57 PM EDT
[#17]
I wonder what would happen if everyone sent an email, well maybe 10 emails, to them telling them what we think. No, that not a good idea it might crash their server. Wouldn't want than to happend, would we?
Link Posted: 2/10/2001 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Note to self:
1.) Do not buy anything from RGuns.
2.)  Tell everyone else not to buy anything from RGuns.  
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I quit doing business with them after they sent me a "new" Colt A2 upper receiver that had brass marks on the shell deflector.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 3:54:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Ditto here Eric.

I have never seen such a breach of customer privacy.

mattja
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 5:31:36 AM EDT
[#21]
They definatly crossed the line by posting a customers private info on the web....not a penny from me!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 6:43:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Paul:

thanks for the link to SGN..
i just e-mailed them:  "do not renew my subscription if you have R-Guns' advertising"...

I figure if SGN gets enough flak from subscribers, it may worry about losing significant subscription numbers; makes them less valuable to other advertisers and their ad $$$s.

leaf
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#23]
"Coppy(sic) To Your Local Police Dept" for returning something that you're not satisfied with. WTF was that all about. Did they send a copy to his mother also?

They've been elected to life membership in my "Hall of Shame".

Link Posted: 2/11/2001 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Sent an email to SGN, will look for them at gunshows, I will take time out of my day at the shows to show people a copy of the response from R-Guns in front of the table. I will be heard.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 8:04:34 AM EDT
[#25]
i e-mailed the fnfal link (hopefully) to the village of Carpentersville, illinois.

maybe the community should hear from some more of us:

http://vil.carpentersville.il.us

leaf
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#26]
If somebody in IL was to go to the Secretary of State's office, or perhaps make a call there, there is a name, number and address on the DBA and/or incorporation form.

If somebody was to post that information on this and other boards it would only be fair.
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#27]
yeah, i have had good luck with them, too, in the past. Oh well, lucky for us there are dozens of places to buy most of what they sell. Screw 'em.

sd
Link Posted: 2/11/2001 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#28]
HELP!  Help us correct a mistaken identity problem!

The negative posts are about rguns.net, Carpentersville, Ill.

We are the original rguns, rguns.com, Wolfe City, Texas.  

Sounds like someone got cheated, but not by us!  Please help us remind everyone to be careful when we bash someone to get the exact name, since they copied ours and change the url extension to .net

We're legitimate, family-owned, and in continuous operations in the same small town, under the same business name, with no known unsatisfied customers, since 1987 when we started.

Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
HELP!  Help us correct a mistaken identity problem!

The negative posts are about rguns.net, Carpentersville, Ill.

We are the original rguns, rguns.com, Wolfe City, Texas.  

Sounds like someone got cheated, but not by us!  Please help us remind everyone to be careful when we bash someone to get the exact name, since they copied ours and change the url extension to .net

We're legitimate, family-owned, and in continuous operations in the same small town, under the same business name, with no known unsatisfied customers, since 1987 when we started.

Thanks for your help!
View Quote

[b]AR15.com members, let's make sure that there is no confusion. It's [red]rguns.NET[/red] that's the problem, NOT [blue]rguns.COM[/blue]. We need to be certain that legit businesses like rguns.com don't get lumped in with the "other" rguns.[/b]
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Rguns in IL should be avoided at all costs. I've been going around with them for nearly 3 years over a purchase and have a file an inch thick. They've actually threatened my wife-more than once if you can believe that. I considered filing a suit for harassment but I hate to stoop to their level. In a way, I wish they would come to my house and attempt ot carry out their threats. Man, would they get a surprise.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I did buy some ammo from them before but that will never happen again.

I heard 'bout all this weeks ago on the FAL FILES board.

Wierd sh#t.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By dr jarhead:
Rguns in IL should be avoided at all costs. I've been going around with them for nearly 3 years over a purchase and have a file an inch thick. They've actually threatened my wife-more than once if you can believe that. I considered filing a suit for harassment but I hate to stoop to their level. In a way, I wish they would come to my house and attempt ot carry out their threats. Man, would they get a surprise.
View Quote

Threatened your wife ??? MORE than once ??? They would'nt make it to MY house. I'd see them in THEIRS.[}:D]

Idle threats kill
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:34:52 PM EDT
[#34]
the link to the R Guns info is dead..could someone please elaborate as to what exactly happend thanks
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:38:21 PM EDT
[#35]
dizzy,
yeah, they threatened my wife. I still have all their letters in my file. How stupid can you be to put that kind of crap in writing. I wish I could scan their letters onto this forum so you guys could see them. At first they were helpful with trying to resolve the problem but after a they screwed it up a second time they decided that I must be lying to them and then it got nasty. I tried to be nice about it at first as I'm sure they get plenty of shit too. Eventually, a slug barrel and a buttstock became a bill for around 1200 bucks - they charged me about 100 dollars per hour for their "time". We went through our credit card company and they dropped their charges but the A-holes at Rguns send us nasty letters every 6 months or so with a higher bill and more threats. Its really a source of amusement at this point. We just file the next letter after showing it to our friends. They've refused to take the stuff back of course and at this point they ain't getting shit. If they ever decide to take me to court they are going to have one hell of a countersuit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#36]
dizzy,
yeah, they threatened my wife. I still have all their letters in my file. How stupid can you be to put that kind of crap in writing. I wish I could scan their letters onto this forum so you guys could see them. At first they were helpful with trying to resolve the problem but after a they screwed it up a second time they decided that I must be lying to them and then it got nasty. I tried to be nice about it at first as I'm sure they get plenty of shit too. Eventually, a slug barrel and a buttstock became a bill for around 1200 bucks - they charged me about 100 dollars per hour for their "time". We went through our credit card company and they dropped their charges but the A-holes at Rguns send us nasty letters every 6 months or so with a higher bill and more threats. Its really a source of amusement at this point. We just file the next letter after showing it to our friends. They've refused to take the stuff back of course and at this point they ain't getting shit. If they ever decide to take me to court they are going to have one hell of a countersuit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2001 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I live about an hour from Carpentersville.  

After I read the thread on the posting of the customer's address, I drove out there to look around (again).  I had bought a case of Radway Green about 6 months ago, so I had been there before.  I spoke to the same guy I have seen in there a couple of times.  He is relatively personable, his prices are reasonable (for a stocking dealer).  

I did not mention the posting on the boards about the customer's information (which is definitely unconscionable).  Contacting the customer's local PD (assuming it was not an idle threat) is also wrong--EXCEPT if the customer made direct threats (i.e.--"i'm gonna come smash your windows", etc.).  

I mentioned that I had seen his ad for the .223 South African ammo he had for sale.  He said "yes, it is $75/810rds" and pulled up an open (obviously shipped and returned) box--so I think I saw the famous box.  The ammo does have different headstamps.  I did see some that I recongized as South African, some that had TZ (Israeli) headstamps.  No Circle/Cross NATO marks in the box of 30 that I saw.  Some very minor corrosion (spots, no green or pitting) on a few pieces of brass, some crud around a couple of primers (dirt/dust appearing) primers appeared to still have the military crimp on some of them, and some silver and some brass primers.  It may be surplus ammo, but he did specifically tell me that it was "blasting" ammo, not to expect too much accuracy from it.

I did not buy anything, and probably won't do so unless there is a good reason (the only one I can think of is if the customer made a definite threat or ripped him off--forged check, fake/stolen CC#, etc.) that he posted the information.

I was tempted at $75 for 800 rds. of .223, but I went to GAT guns and bought a used Chipmunk rifle to teach my daughters to shoot.

AFARR
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks to all: I would have ordered from them. Seems like a lot of people like to f--k with people who live in hawaii, I guess they know that we cant drive over and kick some ass. I'll stick with the ammoman.
Link Posted: 4/23/2001 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#39]
[url]http://www.fnfal.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/006471.html
[/url]
Link Posted: 4/24/2001 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#40]
posted on the Ammo board:

"I think somebody is pulling somebody else's leg.

"Roger Krahl" (the name on Rogernut's profile) just happens to be listed on the corporate info sheet available online at:[url]www.cyberdriveillinois.com/cgi-bin/business_services/corpone.s?ID=55913374&CTYPE=01[/url]. I don't think the real Roger Krahl would miss that detail."
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/25/2001 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#42]
don't forget about the 20% restocking fee they charge for the garbage they sell.mmk
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#43]
[b]WTF!!![/b] www.rguns.net is an ar15.com advertiser?

[img]http://www.ar15.com/adManager/images/rguns.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:27:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I figure he did it out of spite because we've been talking about him.  I'm sure what he'll like the most is being moderator of his own forum that way he can erase anybody who has a complaint.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Have to said I was surprised to see this thread back on page 1 after three months.I also didn't know about the banner ad.what follows is from my post on this matter from the Equipment Exchange Forum.this will be my only comment.mmk [red]Gentlemen I think there has been enough opinion's stated in this matter.That anyone not already aware,will be now.
I ask that you refrain from further comment,as difficult as that maybe.
I ask this now of you before it deteriorates into a flamefest,which I will not tolerate in the Equipment Exchange forums.thank you.mmk [/red]
[b]I now feel I must after the flood of emails I've received add this: While I personally have never done business with this company,some who have feel that they received product that was less than satisfactory or not as described.It is up to you THE BUYER to make your own decision in this matter.mmk [/b]

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, after dealing with some screwy sellers and some outright scumbags, I can say I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM RGUNS.NET!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#47]
I lied,i will make one more comment.[red]This is being looked into by the administration[/red].mmk
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Guys, Thanks to you and madman kirk for bringing this to my attention. Having followed the last fiasco concerning RGuns, I'll be speaking to GoatBoy & Edward concerning this. Please bear with us until this is resolved.
Thanks again.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:05:29 AM EDT
[#49]
PLEASE DO!!  I know people can change but from his replies (KMA/rogernut) I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By madman kirk:
I lied,i will make one more comment.[red]This is being looked into by the administration[/red].mmk
View Quote

You didn't lie you just misspoke! Hey it works for politicians [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top