Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 4:32:11 PM EDT
I know they are not right now, technically.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
doubt it, it would just be a shitload of more work for them
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I was thinking.

The Demorat in the PA Senate race- Joe Hoeffel- wants to classify muzzleloaders like regular rifles.

This prompted me to think whether the BATFE would come out in support of such a proposal.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:53:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They wanna classify muzzleloaders as regular rifles?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#4]
where's howster when you need him?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:58:34 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont think so, cuz you can buy one without a nics or ffl
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:30:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Here in Kali-fornia, we have to fill out a 4473 when we buy a black powder gun. but the guns are not registered.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:53:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Sort of a trolling question, but I really am curious as to the answer:

So I could take a muzzleloader onto a high school campus (assuming I am there for legitimate purposes) and the zero-tolerance policy would mean nothing?  Cops couldn't do a thing?  I mean, if it's not a firearm, then I couldn't be brandishing a firearm or anything else right?  
I am not talking about taking it there and aiming at people.  I mean like with it slinged over your shoulder.

Opinions?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So I could take a muzzleloader onto a high school campus (assuming I am there for legitimate purposes) and the zero-tolerance policy would mean nothing?  Cops couldn't do a thing?  I mean, if it's not a firearm, then I couldn't be brandishing a firearm or anything else right?  
I am not talking about taking it there and aiming at people.  I mean like with it slinged over your shoulder.

Opinions?

I think it's still a weapon dude......some schools don't even allow kids to hang chains from their wallets because they consider it a "weapon"
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:58:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a NIB, unassembled, side by side, muzzleloader CVA shotgun kit I want to sell- can I sell it on Ebay then?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:00:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Opinions?

I think it's still a weapon dude......some schools don't even allow kids to hang chains from their wallets because they consider it a "weapon"

Yup, look at swords, you just need to be 18 to own and even a felon can have it, but set foot on school grounds with one or wave it around in public your ass is getting locked up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:01:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have a NIB, unassembled, side by side, muzzleloader CVA shotgun kit I want to sell- can I sell it on Ebay then?

Gotta check ebay policy, but as long as the buyers over 18 its okay.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:02:00 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Opinions?

BTW note that this was a REPLICA, not even a working firearm

www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=2442634

Civil War buff suspended from school for having replica rifle

PINE BUSH, N.Y. It appears the Pine Bush School District is sticking to its guns -- and won't back down in charging a 17-year-old high school student who had a Civil War replica rifle in his car trunk. The student - Joshua Phelps was arrested earlier this month by Town of Crawford Police after a security guard saw the rifle butt. Phelps belongs to a Civil War re-enactment club - which was endorsed by the school, when he joined this year. He had all his Civil War costumes in his car truck, including uniforms, belts, hats and musket rifle in his trunk.
He was suspended for five days and charged with criminal possession of a weapon - which could get him a year in jail.

His mother - Valerie Michaels - says school officials over-reacted.

Since his arrest she says she's received hundreds of phone calls of support from history buffs, and the National Rifle Association.

Phelps is due to meet with Pine Bush School Superintendent RoseMarie Stark today for a disciplinary hearing. But his mother says they will send their attorney instead.

The teen-ager is also due on Crawford Town Court on October 26th to answer the weapons charges.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#13]
In Canada they are classified as 'real' rifles.  Black powder revolvers are classified as handguns and treated as such with draconian laws.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Rifles are not treated that way here, but I had to get a purchase permit and register an 1858 army black powder revolver.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:45:07 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Rifles are not treated that way here, but I had to get a purchase permit and register an 1858 army black powder revolver.

MI is a pretty funny place, they have some shitty gun laws, but on the other hand, I've heard some stories that make that place gun central
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I know they are not right now, technically.

CRC

The law SPECIFICALLY says they are NOT firearms.

The BATF has no say in this...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top