Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 2:47:00 PM EDT
Florida Woman Arrested After Mistaken 911 Call

Associated Press

CALLAWAY, Fla. (AP) -- A woman was arrested on drug charges after accidentally dialing 911 and hanging up, which brought a sheriff's deputy to her home to investigate, authorities say.

Investigators said the wrong number led them Wednesday to one the largest methamphetamine laboratories ever found in Bay County.

Deputies said Vicki Lynn Nunnery, 43, told them she hung up the phone after realizing she had inadvertently dialed 911 when she started to call someone else. She was unaware that it is standard procedure for police to send an officer to investigate all 911 disconnections.

The investigating deputy smelled the distinct odor of meth while talking with Nunnery and Vito James Knowles, 44, who also was arrested, said sheriff's Sgt. Rob Ashman.

Narcotics investigators were contacted and a search warrant obtained, Ashman said. He said the search disclosed that the three-bedroom house in this Panama City suburb was functioning as a giant meth lab.

Nunnery and Knowles were charged with trafficking meth and face additional drug and weapon charges, said sheriff's spokeswoman Ruth Sasser.

Both remained at the Bay County Jail in Panama City on Thursday. Nunnery's bail was set at $100,000 and Knowles' at $80,000.

Jail records did not indicate whether they had lawyers and no attorneys were present in the public defender's office Thursday afternoon.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
hahahaha  dumb ass

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
What's the phrase, 'life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid'? Sounds apropos to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
"The investigating deputy smelled the distinct odor of meth"

For those of us who lead sheltered lives, what does meth smell like?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Good meth doesnt smell.  Poor quality meth smells liie dirty sweat socks or a wet diaper. Meth being cooked has a strong chemical odor that will depend on the process/chemicals being used.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow. That far north huh?
I thought Polk county was the meth capitol of Fl.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good meth doesnt smell.  Poor quality meth smells liie dirty sweat socks or a wet diaper. Meth being cooked has a strong chemical odor that will depend on the process/chemicals being used.

I have two toddlers...

My house smells like a meth lab?

I guess I better not dial 911
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have two toddlers...

My house smells like a meth lab?

I guess I better not dial 911

No, it is very distinct. If you have ever been around one, or have the "experience and training" necessary to recognize one, then you to could get a search warrant for one based on the smell.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Sure....

Or if I hadn't a bust this month!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Vickie and Vito.  Bad, bad, bad....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Many a meth lab has been busted here in AZ recently.  That crap is so bad it takes a HAZMAT crew to clean up the site.  Why the hell would anybody want to take that junk?

Oh, yeah.  "Cause it makes me feel good."  Riiiighhhht.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, there so many meth labs here they dont have the resources to bust them all.  The cops I think are up to 30 meth labs this year in the Matsu valley, population maybe 40-50,000.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top