Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 2:14:23 PM EDT
He has produced an ad supporting a Democratic congressional candidate in Minnesota.  Of course, you cannot be a Democrat in Minnesota without being extremely radical, or, at least, you cannot be a party-endorsed candidate without being very radical.

Here's the back-story:

A family near St. Cloud, MN had their son kidnapped 15 years ago today.  His name is Jacob Wetterling and his parents are Dr. and Mrs. Patty Wetterling.  After the son was gone for a long time Patty Wetterling became an activist for missing children.  Neither Jacob, nor his remains, have ever been found.  Patty Wetterling decided to run for the U.S. Congressional seat held by Congressman Mark Kennedy, a Republican.  She has never run for office before, but her name recognition has gotten her far, and rightfully so.  Who can argue against her cause?

The question comes up, "Patty Wetterling, have you no shame, exploiting your lost son's predicament for political gain?"  Apparently the answer is:  "No, I have no shame."  I guess in Democratic circles that is very common.  Look at the Congresswoman from New York whose husband was killed on the LIRR and so she became an antigun activist.

Anyway, I decided that the only way to fight that stuff was to let John know that NOT EVERYBODY likes it.  I wrote him a slightly nasty note:

To John Walsh

John, I have lost a lot of respect for you and your work.  Additionally, you have lost a faithful viewer because of your foolish endorsement of Patty Wetterling for Congress.  The simple fact is that she is running as a Democrat.  As a result she has taken $80000 from, and is beholden to, MoveOn.org, one of the most extremely liberal hate-filled organizations in America today.  You certainly must be aware of the MoveOn. org comparison of President Bush with Adolf Hitler, and you have aligned yourself with those lowlifes.  Likewise, she has aligned herself with the trial lawyers, a group of scum sucking bottom feeders if there ever was one.  The TV ad that you did for her shows a police car and a police officer in the background.  Please turn yourself in for violating campaign laws, which prohibit the use of public assets and employees for political campaigning.

John, should you actually write back, rather than one of your lackeys, I hope that you will tell me that you weren't aware of all of the above.  I would find it hard to believe, but for you I would believe it.  Likewise, I hope that you tell me that you did this because Mrs. Wetterling is a friend as a result of working with you on behalf of missing children.  

As if your actions weren't disgusting enough, you have to ask Patty Wetterling, "Have you no shame?"  It's a very sad day for America when a mother decides to exploit her child's disappearance for political gain.

I reiterate, John, your foolish campaigning for Patty Wetterling, a member of a political party that wants to destroy America, has cost you a viewer.  Likewise, I will encourage all of my acquaintances to discontinue watching your show.

Hardcase

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why post it here?  Well, it's important that everybody knows that John is a liberal.  I guess that ARFCOMMERS have known for a long time that John Walsh doesn't support the Second Amendment, but we didn't really have any idea how radical he really is.  Now we do.  I encourage you to discontinue watching America's Most Wanted.  The only thing that these guys understand is the hard economic reality of reduced viewership.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
You got it. I won't watch it (not that I was in the first place but now...for sure!)

edit - you do realize that you have no avatar, right?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I lost any respect for him a long time ago. He was doing one of his stories about some fugitive. They were talking about how the guy was armed , and how dangerous he was. In the midst of his description of this persons dangerous activities, John threw in "and he even loads his own bullets", as if this were akin to highly dangerous criminal activity.

What a fucktard.

I have never watched another episode.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I lost any respect for him a long time ago. He was doing one of his stories about some fugitive. They were talking about how the guy was armed , and how dangerous he was. In the midst of his description of this persons dangerous activities, John threw in "and he even loads his own bullets", as if this were akin to highly dangerous criminal activity.
What a fucktard.

I watched once, the cops can go and hang out at the "Low life bar and Grill" and look for crooks.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#4]
He is emotionally disturbed so try to keep it all in perspective. He has allowed to loss of his son to destroy him and his family. In that regard it is understandable to a degree but he has become obsessed and that has relegated him only to bitch status. Now he runs around dreaming of a neofascist nanny state in which he would no longer have to grieve over the loss of his child. Sad.

Ignore him and...

Fuck 'em. We're the ones with the guns.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
He is emotionally disturbed so try to keep it all in perspective. He has allowed to loss of his son to destroy him and his family. In that regard it is understandable to a degree but he has become obsessed and that has relegated him only to bitch status. Now he runs around dreaming of a neofascist nanny state in which he would no longer have to grieve over the loss of his child. Sad.

Ignore him and..

I agree he is a severally emotionally damaged individual, I feel bad for him he has lost all perspective and I can understand why but this does not excuse his growing fascist tendencies.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The guy has never been with us to begin with....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#7]
JW has been an asshat from the start. It took some of you this long to realize this?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw JW on the Larry King show talking about how there's no need for law abiding citizens to own "assault weapons." JW said these weapons were solely manufactured for killing and they served no legitimate purpose other than to kill.

Liberal cocksmoker! I'll continue to watch AMW because it's a great show for capturing fugitives, although they often misrepresent the abilities of firearms.

He's suffered, but he's long since lost touch.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember he was in a drug house that was being raided & they found a desert eagle with a laser on it, and in this disgusted voice he said "why would anyone need a gun like that" . He was a pos in my book from then on.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm real familiar with the case and I'm real familiar with St. Joseph, Minn.  The idea of Mrs. Wetterling being a Congresswoman is truly frightening.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Walsh has spent his entire life cultivating a career that  pisses on the memory of his son, IMO.
He is Pathetic and Sad.
And an asshole.

SG
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:40:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Didn't John Walsh lose his son Adam many years ago to a kidnapping. I'm not disagreeing with what you say, but it is tragic. However, people lose loved ones everyday. hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Didn't John Walsh lose his son Adam many years ago to a kidnapping. I'm not disagreeing with what you say, but it is tragic. However, people lose loved ones everyday.

I grew up in S. FL. and remember the abduction and subsequent media coverage.

"Sixteen days after Adam Walsh disappeared from [that] local department store, his body was positively identified through dental records and by a friend of the family. To date, no one has been indicted for the abduction and death of Adam Walsh."

www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PageServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US&PageId=1156

His wife was with Adam at a Sears store in Ft. Lauderdale when he was abducted.

It's even more pathetic that JW would succomb to liberal media-vision perspectives and follow those misguided wing nuts into their ultimate goal of creating gunless, powerless, subservient little sheep who fearfully hide away in their homes while gang crime syndicates control entire neighborhood sub-divisions.

JW has been assimilated! For quite some time though.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What a fucktard.

+1
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:54:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The guy has never been with us to begin with....

Yup,

What Zaphod says...

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
John Walsh is one of those "don't defend yourself with a gun give the bad guy what he wants" type of guys.

I never watch his show.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#17]
.. John Walsh = Liberal apologist
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Jesus Christ people, why don't you throw a pie at him while you're at it.  He has his opinion and can support whom ever he wants (no matter how wrong)!  I watched the footage when he was just some guy that had his kid snatched, raped and his little head chopped off.  If you have a reason to take a 'fucked up for life' attitude, then his is it.  You feel strongly about it?  Get off the fuckin front porch and contribute something useful, and I mean other than a nasty letter!!  Being pro gun, life, whatever takes more than just a hateful thread against someone you don't really know.  
 Just my fucking .02
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:57:57 PM EDT
[#19]
His genuine misfortune does not give him the right to be an activist for reduction of my indivudual freedom without me voicing my opposition to it. Or, he can be as fucked up for life as he wants, but it better not affect my freedoms.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Well being from Minnesota, Patty Wetterling is really a nut case (true dem-o-kook)
all she is doing is riding out fame on the loss of her son 15 years ago
she is a anti-gun, anti-hunting and believes abortion should be an option up to the 9th month
her biggest supporter is the moveon.org group

I guess if John Walsh wants to back her that's his mistake
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#21]
John Walsh exploits his son's tragedy everyday.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:28:00 PM EDT
[#22]
John Walsh was one of the biggest Anti-CCW advocats in my state last year. Was making speeches at many police departments on how bad it would be for civilians to have the ability to aquire a CCW permit.Which helped lead the way of our echemmm..asshole gubna to veto it.What a bunch of  ASSHOLES!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top