Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2004 10:45:34 AM EDT
Ok, 2 days ago someone stole my 2 Bush signs out of my front yard.  So I called and got more.  I planted 4 signs yesterday.  Late last night about 11:30 I heard a loud Pop.  I thought one of my 2x4's had fallen over in the garage since I've been working there all day.  So I take my sweet ass time checking on it.  Seems someone decided to take my signs and slash my front tire on my 04 Grand Cherokee.  I'm seriously PISSED OFF!
What next?  Replace with 6 signs, file a police report, & sit in the car all night waiting for the pricks to come back?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Plant 6 signs  suround with claymors, set up cameras, make popcorn crack beer wait.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#3]
how about a boobie trap?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Plant 6 signs  suround with claymors, set up cameras, make popcorn crack beer wait.

Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Stuff Bush signs up their pooper, post pix.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Set up more signs, and set up an ambush.  Get the fokker who was messing with (vandalism/destruction of private property) your ride.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
My Bush sign was stolen out of my front yard. Will replace with more.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#9]
This type of crap just pisses me off.  People should not face vandalism or property damage over political beliefs.  Maybe I'm naive but I don't think that Republicans are doing this crap to Democrats.

I'd like to ask the folks over at DU if anyone has been vandalized because of a Kerry sign.  unfortunately I probably couldn't stomach 10 seconds on that board.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
In Texas, IIRC, on your property, you could legally shoot a thief/vandal after dark.  

:)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Well I've got the AAA approved tire guys out changing it right now.  I'm going to get more signs this afternoon & file a phone report with APD also.  I figure if while on my stake out I catch someone, it would serve me well to have a report already on file with the PD.  Wow, still pissed!
A lot of people on my street have Kerry signs, but they're just fine & all there.  I'm the main one with Bush signs.  It just infuriates me that these liberals do their own form of neighborhood terrorism to get me to stop displaying my choice for President!  They're going to get more signs & me waiting in my Jeep tonite!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:56:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#13]

In Texas, IIRC, on your property, you could legally shoot a thief/vandal after dark

in texas, you can shoot the son of a bitch in the back of the head from down the street when he's drivin off in your truck!

MGniko, do you have the abillity to load your own shotgun shells?

if so, try rock salt. or go buy a taser. or a large can of mace. get some large zip ties for flexi-cuffs.
beat them before you restrain them.
tell the cops they resisted. you should already have a police report by now...

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:01:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Spotlight and a .45.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#15]
How many ardent Kerry supporters could there be in AK? (You must be in Anchorage?)  Just have a few of your friends stake out the 5 or 6 possible miscreants for a few nights

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It is this type of action happening now that gives me worries about after the election if Kerry get beat. These stories of vandalism and other types of minor violence are only the vanguard of what is comming if Bush wins.

Who was it that said: "screw 'em, we're the ones with the guns." ?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:06:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, yes, I agree with others. Tell us how it goes...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:09:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Happy hunting.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Who was it that said: "screw 'em, we're the ones with the guns." ?

"Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

-Ash (Bruce Campbell) Army of Darkness
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Set up more signs, and set up an am-bush.  Get the fokker who was messing with (vandalism/destruction of private property) your ride.  

Hmmm. I see hidden meaning in your post.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#21]
I had a problem sorta like that...

I have a sign in my back yard, near landscaping, that says "Keep off the Grass"...someone kept pulling it up and throwing it in the landscaping and stepping all over the flowers...people cut through the yard and stomp through the landscaping.....

So I epoxied razor blades, the kind you get for window scrapers, to the back, with the blade part just a hair longer than the edge of the sign. The back of the sign is white, so after I glued them on, I painted the back white...

About 3 days later I noticed that the sign was still there, but leaning to one side...I went out to stand it back up...

There was, what looked like blood, all over the blades.....that was last year and the sign has never been screwed with since...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I have a sign in my back yard, near landscaping, that says "Keep off the Grass"...someone kept pulling it up and throwing it in the landscaping and stepping all over the flowers...people cut through the yard and stomp through the landscaping.....

So I epoxied razor blades, the kind you get for window scrapers, to the back. The back of the sign is white, so after I glued them on, I painted the back white...

About 3 days later I noticed that the sign was still there, but leaning to one side...I went out to stand it back up...

There was, what looked like blood, all over the blades.....that was last year and the sign has never been screwed with since...

A trap, no doubt.

Nice!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:36:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I believe someone proposed hosing your signs down with pepper spray...

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So I epoxied razor blades, the kind you get for window scrapers, to the back, with the blade part just a hair longer than the edge of the sign. The back of the sign is white, so after I glued them on, I painted the back white...

Yup...that's what I'd do.  In fact, I'd do it on initial installation.  How sweet it would be too when the assholes got all cut up.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Since it's Alaska can't you just tell the cops you thought you shot a charging  bear?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
damn! the party of peace joins the religion of peace.

time to mount new signs, new tire and an all night watch.

get some!

yup, fight back!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:43:15 PM EDT
[#27]
OK, new signs in place!  The guys at the Republican HQ were VERY interested in my situation.  A few attorneys (HQ is in an Attorney building) said if I have any trouble, call them.  So I've got 10 Bush signs flanking my driveway, along with 6 from our state Republican Senator.  Heck, my house looks more like the HQ than any other building in town
I like the idea of booby (booty) traps, but we also have a lot of very young kids around & I'd hate for one of them to get hurt if they touch the signs, ect.  I'm installing some strong motion detector floodlights & will mount an all night offensive against the perps from my LP/OP
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#28]
This was hung up at one of our local businesses......

get some! +1

genius91
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#29]
What about one of those game cameras to get a pic of the asshat?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:01:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top