Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 8:48:05 AM EDT

Anyone have one?  Know someone who has one?  Are the worth a flip?

I'd really like to install one with the software that allows you to log in anywhere and see what's going on wherever the camera is.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:29:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't bother;  they're crap.

ETA:  yes, I wasted $80 (or whatever it was) on one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:32:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Digital zooms are not good.  It's the same as you zooming in your photo editor.  Resolution fails as picture size increases.  Optical zoom only...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:34:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1 absolute garbage
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
JD Powers declared it the most heavily advertised camera for the last three years.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 11:01:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1....they're shit. Convincing marketing, I'll give them that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Howdy, we use one of the basic color wireless models at work, P.D., that we got about a 2 years ago.  It has a decent range depending on the material you are trying to go through.  Room to room is the best.  If you go though a lot of brick or concete you'll be somewhat limited.  Don't know about the software stuff or the computer.  We are strickly running off of vcr and tv.  I did get pissed off at it a while back.  Tried setting it up in a basement of an apartment complex and something was interfering with it and couldn't get a signal through.  It even acted up room to room in the apartment.  Something was interfering with it so it was a no go.  Most times I get it to work pretty good though. For our budget and what we need it for it works, RnR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top