Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2001 10:57:59 AM EDT
OK gents, I just purchased a Rem. 700, (my 5th)
in 375 UM.  When I have two rounds left in the magazine, I go to load the rifle and the top round just flips out onto the floor or jumps up and jams.  Everything if fine for about half the distance of the bolt travel.  At this point is when the bullet flies out or jams.  The jam is one where the round is above the bolt and the bolt digs into the last round in the magazine.  I'm using Remington factory ammo.  I called Remington and was told to send it back.  I have used this same action in combat and never had this happen, nor have I had this problem with any of the other four rifles.  
Before I send it back anybody have any ideas or have seen this problem.
Shadowjack1
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a bad or bent feed lip on the magazine.  The UM holds 3 so you would only notice it when you feed the cartridge from one side.  Might just be a burr.  But this is probably something Remington will have to fix.  If the lip was too short it would let the cart. flip up before the bullet was covered by the reciver, thus allowing it to flip out of the action.  This is where the weakness shows up in pushfeed systems.  A Mauser like claw extractor would hold the cart. to prevent it from fliping out.  This is not a knock against the Remington, my main humting rifle is a 700 mountain rifle in 30-06, just something to keep in mind if you decide to go after big nasty things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top