Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/22/2004 12:58:03 AM EDT
All people can be manipulated.  It really isn't that hard.  You can ask lead in questions to control their speach.  You can walk next to them to control where they are going.  You can manipulate them thru the written word and other forms of propaganda....even thru th internet.

And the more they THINK they can't be manipulated the easier it usually is.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#1]
That's exactly what I wanted you to say.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:59:08 AM EDT
[#2]
But hwo do I make them give me money.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Hasn't worked for you, though has it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 12:59:47 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No offense, but you don't have the gift.

IM incoming BTW

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Sure it has.

Hell boy, I've played you more than once...and you never even knew it!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:02:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:04:04 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Get a job that is commission based. If you're ANY good at manipulating you should pop 50k a year minimum. Hell, I knew a dude that did double that selling VACCUUMS!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure it has.

SGatr15

If it really worked for you, you wouldn't be spending all your time on the computer with a 20,000+ post count.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
By the way, what the hell are you talking about sarge?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:31:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Simple.  People here booast about how they aren't sheep.  Yet at the same time they are manipulated and controlled every day and don't even know it.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:45:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple.  People here booast about how they aren't sheep.  Yet at the same time they are manipulated and controlled every day and don't even know it.

SGatr15

To some degree ALL people have sort of a sheep mentality. If they didn't there wouldn't be a 10,000 + member "herd" at AR15.com. And look at the mentality here. Most all the people are linked by more common factors than the love of arms here. Many share the same ideals on multiple levels. If you really look at it, most of those levels on which "they" all relate are conditioned right into our society at some level. It's really not science to see people are easily manipulated, TV proved that 40 years ago. Peoples taste in music proves it today. People have always been and will always be desperate to fit a certain category or label. It's part of the human condition to seek acceptance and one major symptom of that is the need to belong in a "group". What is a "group" if not a herd? Only 3% of the people on earth are truly independent free thinkers, why do you think so many people are worker bees and not Entrepeneurs?

As a side note, not stating anything negative about arfcommers or their "ideals", just pointing something out.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree 100%.  As a civilized society it is needed!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:47:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:20:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:24:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Quoted:
... they are manipulated and controlled every day and don't even know it.

SGatr15

It's called marriage.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:26:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
... they are manipulated and controlled every day and don't even know it.

SGatr15

It's called marriage.

If it were only always that easy....
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:27:44 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure it has.

SGatr15

If it really worked for you, you wouldn't be spending all your time on the computer with a 20,000+ post count.

Sarge IM'd me before you responded, and told me word for word what he would have you type ....

From my IM:
C_C will type this, you watch - "If it really worked for you, you wouldn't be spending all your time on the computer with a 20,000+ post count."

amazing ...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:15:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sure it has.

SGatr15

Sarge IM'd me before you responded, and told me word for word what he would have you type ....

From my IM:
C_C will type this, you watch - "If it really worked for you, you wouldn't be spending all your time on the computer with a 20,000+ post count."

amazing ...

Skidmark, yeah that's what he wanted me to post - another insult toward him. Nice manipulation there!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]
... I'll take it a step further - Most people want or need to be led in life. In professional business circles, I've come to realize it's those folks that step up to bat with genuine confidence and leadership qualities that peers look to for guidance.

... My guess-timate is there is only one guy in a hundred that can do this. Sure, there's a lot of "ordained" managers that must throw their wait around, but it's done to reassure everyone in the meeting who the boss is according to payroll.

... It's that fella that has a calming affect on the crowd yet motivational, a strategic planner yet able to delegate with authority and compassion that gets things done.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:28:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SGatr15

You mean like the ones that won't STFU spouting off the party line?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Manipulation is a game that can be played against the keenest of rivals, successfully.

I have more tactics than I have motives.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
... I'll take it a step further - Most people want or need to be led in life. In professional business circles, I've come to realize it's those folks that step up to bat with genuine confidence and leadership qualities that peers look to for guidance.

I was promoted to PM faster than anyone I know of in the history of my company.  Why?  Because my boss's boss at the time saw how I take charge of situations.  He came to meetings and saw this 26 (at the time) year old kid running the show and telling a room full of 50+ year olds what they not only needed to do, but were going to do.  I thought it was simple.  Now that I have people working for me I can see how people languish and entry-level management for years.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#23]
I do find it humerous that so many on this board refer to the DU crowd as the "sheeple" yet bow down to all things Rush or Bush.  I've mostly given up on trying to point out the hypocrisy and just laugh to myself.  I don't give a shit which party line you toe, it's pathetic either way.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:41:40 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was promoted to PM faster than anyone I know of in the history of my company.  Why?  Because my boss's boss at the time saw how I take charge of situations.  He came to meetings and saw this 26 (at the time) year old kid running the show and telling a room full of 50+ year olds what they not only needed to do, but were going to do.  I thought it was simple.  Now that I have people working for me I can see how people languish and entry-level management for years.

If you say so, dude. Sounds like more internet bullshit to me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you should know.  Do you even have a job?  I read a thread somewhere else on here about asian moms servicing their sons.  and we all know the affinity you have for yours.....

Do you think you might become more productive if she paid you more....."attention"?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess you should know.  Do you even have a job?  I read a thread somewhere else on here about asian moms servicing their sons.  and we all know the affinity you have for yours.....

Do you think you might become more productive if she paid you more....."attention"?

Sad attempt to exalt yourself on the internet with self-aggrandizement, which cannot be verified. It's all bullshit, so what are you trying to prove. That's just pathetic.

I can tell you I'm the president of a Fotrune 500 company. Everything posted on the internet is just bullshit, dude. The fact that you take it seriously is a sad reflection on you.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Damn, Norman.  I thought you were a pretty equivical guy.  Personal attacks like that are pretty tasteless.  What's up with that?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#28]
All a girl needs to do for me is shake her ass and show some cleavage, after that I'm clay she can mold into whatever she wants (yea, no spine over here)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:52:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, Norman.  I thought you were a pretty equivical guy.  Personal attacks like that are pretty tasteless.  What's up with that?

As I said in another thread, I guess you just haven't been around long enough.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Sad attempt to exalt yourself on the internet with self-aggrandizement, which cannot be verified. It's all bullshit, so what are you trying to prove. That's just pathetic.

I can tell you I'm the president of a Fotrune 500 company. Everything posted on the internet is just bullshit, dude. The fact that you take it seriously is a sad reflection on you.

Now that's pathetic.  An attempt at internet-intellectualism from you?

Gimme a break.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Certain individuals on this board which shall not be named have manipulated me into switching from a 9mm pistol to a .45 caliber pistol for self defense!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I haven't been around for very long.  Do I interpret that as an admission to you personally attacking someone?  Seriously...I don't know what to make of it.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sadly most people especially here are led by the Television.

Cosmetics are their God and the heart or soul of an indvidual doesn't count for much anymore.

Inanimate objects and once accepted social behaviour becomes evil while evil diguises its self as beauty.  The quest for the perfect life as outlayed by those that are anything but perfect drives the peoples lifestyle.

Then people wonder why they aren't happy in life.

Tj

Damn, TJ. Just, damn.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:08:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I haven't been around for very long.  Do I interpret that as an admission to you personally attacking someone?  Seriously...I don't know what to make of it.

Stick around or ask around, I really don't give a shit what you "make of it".  If you start to think that I do, that's when you should be worried.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Stick around or ask around, I really don't give a shit what you "make of it".  If you start to think that I do, that's when you should be worried.

And I wouldn't expect you to care what my thoughts were on the subject.  But you do respond to other people's opinions - and you did personally attack someone - what does that mean?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#36]
WOW, me thinks Stargate15 is manipulating some folks right now.
I guess if you set the stage poeple will fall right in line.

ETA: POPCORN inbound.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And I wouldn't expect you to care what my thoughts were on the subject.  But you do respond to other people's opinions - and you did personally attack someone - what does that mean?

Of course I respond to opinions.  It's what makes spending time here fun.  People's opinions are the easiest things to fuck with them about.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:12:45 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
All people can be manipulated.  It really isn't that hard.  You can ask lead in questions to control their speach.  You can walk next to them to control where they are going.  You can manipulate them thru the written word and other forms of propaganda....even thru th internet.

And the more they THINK they can't be manipulated the easier it usually is.

SGtar15

You should read up on neurolinguistic programming (NLP)
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:14:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Just remember, the people who claim to be great manipulators are generally the easiest to manipulate.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:15:57 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Of course I respond to opinions.  It's what makes spending time here fun.  People's opinions are the easiest things to fuck with them about.

So Norman, your goal here is to have fun and fuck with people?  Cool.  I enjoy screwing with people too.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just remember, the people who claim to be great manipulators are generally the easiest to manipulate.

Sgtar15 can manipulate his dolls, that's about it. That's why he's so into them.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truer than you can imagine - and those manipulators who admit it, will agree.

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Norman, your goal here is to have fun and fuck with people?  Cool.  I enjoy screwing with people too.

Actually I think the whole "why are you here?" is one of clean_cut's current threads.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I do find it humerous that so many on this board refer to the DU crowd as the "sheeple" yet bow down to all things Rush or Bush.  I've mostly given up on trying to point out the hypocrisy and just laugh to myself.  I don't give a shit which party line you toe, it's pathetic either way.

I think the true sheeple are those who follow X without thought, or the ability to fully articulate their reasons for doing so. But if they can, X being a "party line" doesn't bug me in the least, personally.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey Norman74 I meant to ask you about your old avatar - red star in circle. What the hell is that?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:21:03 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I think the whole "why are you here?" is one of clean_cut's current threads.

Yeah, so your goal here is to have fun?

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:21:52 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, so your goal here is to have fun?

Some posters here are just collecting data for the ATF.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:21:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Hey Norman74 I meant to ask you about your old avatar - red star in circle. What the hell is that?

I think you're referring tothe "A" in a circle.  It means the same thing as the current one.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you're referring tothe "A" in a circle.  It means the same thing as the current one.

Your current avatar is a black flag, so...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Some posters here are just collecting data for the ATF.

You should have just typed, "+1."

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top