Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 9:53:43 PM EDT
Where he opens the case, you see a guitar, but then suddenly the guitar top slowly lifts up to expose a mass arsenal of firearms and munitions.  Any ideas on where/how to have one of those built?

I live in a posh highrise community and it would be a lot less noticiable walking in and out of my building with a guitar case than with a tactical AR case.  Don't want to freak out the blue-hairs around here.  They just think I'm a good, hard working, professional youn man... Not some gun crazy fanatic playing out Rambo scenes in his condo.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:55:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I want the the M16 briefcase from Romeo Must Die
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:57:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I want the the M16 briefcase from Romeo Must Die

YES YES YES!!!  I want one of those too... Where can we get cool crap like this made for us???  Somebody out ther has got to know.  I just don't want to call the movie production companies to find out.  There's got to be a better way to go about having one of these made!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Uhm Just buy a Strat style softcase . Works great .
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:06:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone have any pictures of a completed product on one of these, and where to go about having one custom built?  I think there would be plenty of interested buyers.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:08:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it a crime to walk out of your house with a regular gun case??

if the neighbors don't like it, screw em', because you arn't doing anything illegal.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

if the neighbors don't like it, screw em', because you arn't doing anything illegal.

I'm just trying to be diplomatic.  These people don't udnerstand gun ownership from a hobby or 2nd ammendment right perspective.  I'd rather not ruffle any feathers and wait for them to die off on their own.  Their quite nice people.  They love my guitar playing, and therfore, it would just be much easier for me to carry my toys around that way.  No inconvenience on my part.  I'd kind of like it that way anyway.  I don't need everyone knowing what's going one with me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I never saw Romeo must die, what was the case?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Until a year or so there was a company called Stealth Gun Cases that made a gun case out of a guitar case. The link I have for them is dead; at the time  I first heard of them, they had  made a few people sort of angry because they required that the buyer provide a copy of a valid  CCW, etc, so maybe they went belly up due to lack of business.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm just trying to be diplomatic.  These people don't udnerstand gun ownership from a hobby or 2nd ammendment right perspective.  I'd rather not ruffle any feathers and wait for them to die off on their own.  Their quite nice people.  They love my guitar playing, and therfore, it would just be much easier for me to carry my toys around that way.  No inconvenience on my part.  I'd kind of like it that way anyway.  I don't need everyone knowing what's going one with me.

Now here's real 2nd amendment leader.

NOT!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 3:52:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:44:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now here's real 2nd amendment leader.
NOT!

Please, let me clarify.  I live in a highrise condo with lots of fragile little old jewish ladies, i'm talking approaching 100 years old.  These kind of things would scare them, so out of respect, I don't flaunt my stuff around all over the place.  There's really no nead for me to teach them about how wonderful and safe guns are, and how it's our 2nd ammendment right to own them.  Anywhere else is another story, but these nice little old ladies are very sweet and fragile.  They even make me dinner from time to time.  Actually, my buidling secrurity officers, concierge, and vallet all know about my hidden obsession.  I invite them up often just to check out my toys.  Outside of here, I'm very out and proud with my AR and other guns.  I wouoldn't call myself a 2nd amendment "leader" anyway, I'm just a supporter.  Proud member of the NRA.  My dad's a life member too.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:49:01 AM EDT
[#12]
They don't like it, screw 'em.  I carry openly more often these days if only to show the people that guns don't equal nutjob.  I usually am a pretty polite dude, but when carrying openly I go out of my way to put people at ease by being polite.  It works.  People don't mess with you as long as you are confident and polite.  

Trying to hide your hobby, sounds like you live in Nazi Germany.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Get a bigass Starlight, label it "Fragile: Scientific Instruments" and tell'em its a telescope.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a tommy gun and auto ordinance makes a guitar carring case for it.  I haven't bought it wet, but i will.  

Tommy gun cases

Best I can come up with.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have a tommy gun and auto ordinance makes a guitar carring case for it.  I haven't bought it wet, but i will.  

Tommy gun cases

Best I can come up with.

I bought a new Tommy Gun from auto-ordnance, and it came with a "guitar case," a funny shaped guitar case.  

Its not very durable, though, and not something I plan on using, especially to bring anything to the range.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:17:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Shouldn't jump all over him just because he wants to be discreet.  I don't let any of my neighbors know about my "obesssion" only because I don't need uninvited visitors in my home while I'm away.  Unfortunately, I just do not trust my neighbors enough for that.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:21:55 AM EDT
[#18]
When I brought my AR into work, I didn't want to freak out the other tennants in the building. I separated the upper and lower and placed them in my SG case. I also seem to remember having to remove the handguards to get the case to close.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:23:20 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Where he opens the case, you see a guitar, but then suddenly the guitar top slowly lifts up to expose a mass arsenal of firearms and munitions.  Any ideas on where/how to have one of those built?

I live in a posh highrise community and it would be a lot less noticiable walking in and out of my building with a guitar case than with a tactical AR case.  Don't want to freak out the blue-hairs around here.  They just think I'm a good, hard working, professional youn man... Not some gun crazy fanatic playing out Rambo scenes in his condo.  

Just a thought - wouldn't a large arsenal of firearms and munitions plus a guitar weigh a ton? How big was the case?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#20]
I have a coffin case for my pistol. Maybe they have one for rifles as well.
www.coffincase.com/products/
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Sears yellow plastic tool box 23" on sale $18 plus some foam and your good to go.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 10:17:31 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 1:48:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Why not just go down to your local music store and buy a guitar case that has the size and looks you are after, then go to the hardware store, and buy some foam padding?

Better yet, grow a pair of balls.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I never saw Romeo must die, what was the case?

It looked like a regular briefcase the guy was holding by the handle, then the guy shock it and the sides fell off, the carry handle on the gun was also the briefcase handle.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Contrary to what some say discretion is a good thing.  I'd rather the thugs around my apartment not know that I'm carrying out an AR.  Kind of like not putting stickers for your car stereo on the sides of your car.

I've been using a 'gig bag' I picked up about a year ago.  Pocket for picks and extra strings holds spare parts for the ar nicely.    My only complaint is that it’s just a big open case, played around with foam but never could get it to where I was happy with it.  So if there are multiple long guns I just wrap them in something and off I go.  Looking at one of the dual guitar bags similar to
so I can leave out the wrapping.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:56:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Why in hell are you guys worried about a gun case?

When we discuss "Desperado", THIS is far more important!  

Still want to talk about guitar cases?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#28]
You need a BOTD in the title now
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Contrary to what some say discretion is a good thing.  I'd rather the thugs around my apartment not know that I'm carrying out an AR.  Kind of like not putting stickers for your car stereo on the sides of your car.
Bingo . That is my exact reasons for useing a TKL strat case as my rifle case . I also use a plain wally world back pack for transporting pistols ammo . I also have a POS guitar or two I have been seen outside playing .Everyone assumes that I am going to my friends house to jam .

I've been using a 'gig bag' I picked up about a year ago.  Pocket for picks and extra strings holds spare parts for the ar nicely.    My only complaint is that it’s just a big open case, played around with foam but never could get it to where I was happy with it.  So if there are multiple long guns I just wrap them in something and off I go.  Looking at one of the dual guitar bags similar to img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/54/540056.jpg
so I can leave out the wrapping.  

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:13:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Antonio Banderas's guitar case from the movie would've weighed at least 50 pounds with all the hardware he had stuffed in there.  You would've been noticably straining just to carry the sucker, and it would have to be some kind of sturdy to keep from falling apart under the stress of all that wieght.  Also, the loose guns would be rattling around in there.  

Now, for carrying a single long gun, the guitar case would be fine (pistols are more easily carried in a backpack and it's less conspicuous too).  If i were gonna do an AR case, i'd get one of the stiff guitar shaped cases, and install some foam cutouts to keep it place (and help reinforce the case).  you'd also want to do something about those flimsy hinges.  a simple strap arrangement aroundn the neck and body of the case would prevent accidental openings.

now if i could choose any toy from the desperado movie, it would be the groin gun.  Of couse, theres no way that the *testicular* revolver cylinders would feed into the main barrel. but it would work as single shot.  besides, it's more of a conversation piece than anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top