Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2004 7:48:23 PM EDT
So I got my Comp M2 and Larue mount for the RAS II yesterday as I was leaving for work. It sat in my car for 8 hours, until I got home and put it on the rifle. So, me being really excited, I slapped the thing on, played with it for a while, and went to bed.

After class today, I took it to the range to zero. Set up my target at 50 yds, went prone and shot from my pack. Shot a decent group, adjusted the knobs. Shot again. Closer. Adjusted, shot again, way off..... WTF?  Adjusted, shot again.... even further off... WTF.... repeated process like 4 times, until Im not hitting the target, and I dont know what the fuck Im doing wrong. There is an ex Army guy standing there watching me. He offers to grap a bi pod he's got for me, and I tell him "thanks, but I'm not THAT bad of a shot, I can tell my dot is right on, but somethings FUBAR"

So, he takes a look at it, and says "arent the windage/elevation knobs suppsoed to be on the top and side of the sight?" DOH! When I mounted the sight, I mounted it as the lens covers were aligned, not even thinking about the knobs (and I've mounted/zeroed a few sights, so this isnt new to me). So, the windage/elevation knobs were at a 45 degree angle off to the side of the sight, so as I adjusted things, my bullets were moving diagonally across the target.

On top of that, I didnt even bring the little wrench to adjust the mount, so I had to drive all the way home and have to go back tomorrow.

I am a dumbass. That black bug bit me yesterday and totally rotted my brain.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I woke up and got out of bed........
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Dragged a comb across my head...

CW
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:19:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I woke up...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I scoped out a chicks hooters.  

I have been chatting up this chick I know, and have always been careful to always make eye contact.  Well, today her shirt was kind of low, and she has a full rack.  Game over.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:41:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I have been chatting up this chick I know, and have always been careful to always make eye contact.  Well, today her shirt was kind of low, and she has a full rack.  Game over.  

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Was in "brain dead mode" while mounting a scope once.  Used a boresighter to get it somewhat lined up but as I was sitting there looking at it, something just didn't seem right.

Had it mounted rotated 90 degrees in the rings.

Fortunately it never left the house in that condition but I came up with some new "colorful" language while I undid the rings and started all over again.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I was talking to a girl I know, she asked what I was doing, I said I just got off work, she said she wasnt doing anything.

I asked if I could "hit it" that didnt work.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CW

Made my way downstairs and drank a cup and looking up, noticed I was late...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was talking to a girl I know, she asked what I was doing, I said I just got off work, she said she wasnt doing anything.

hahahhaaaa!!!!!

good thread we got going here.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

CW

Made my way downstairs and drank a cup and looking up, noticed I was late...

Ran out to my car only to realize that the coffee pot was still turned on.......
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Grabbed my coat and grabbed my hat

made the bus in seconds flat

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Made my way upstairs and had a smoke and somebody spoke and I went into a dream....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Made my way upstairs and had a smoke and somebody spoke and I went into a dream....

I read the news today oh boy

Four thousand holes in Blackburn, Lancashire
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hahahhaaaa!!!!!

good thread we got going here.

Thats not the first time I have done that either,
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:01:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And though the holes were rather small they had to count them all...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:04:10 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now we know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:22:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now we know how many holes it takes to fill the albert hall

Aaaaaaahhhh-Aaaahhhaaa-Aaaaaaahhhhaaaaaaa (I guess thats how you would spell it...)

CW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top