Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/8/2001 9:58:46 AM EDT
  I ordered a case of .223 from Eric over the computer on the evening of the 24th. UPS has since sent it on a grand tour of the Western United States, just look at this!

Rescheduled Delivery:   Jun 11, 2001
Shipped to:   CIRCLE CITY, AZ, US
Shipped or Billed on:   May 25, 2001

Tracking Number:   1Z 187 E17 03 4314 943 4
Service Type:   GROUND
Weight:   10.00 Lbs

PACKAGE PROGRESS
Date   Time   Location   Activity
Jun 8, 2001   4:58 A.M.   GILA BEND-WICKENBURG, AZ, US   IN TRANSIT TO
   4:57 A.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 7, 2001   8:50 P.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   DESTINATION SCAN
   8:00 P.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   UNLOAD SCAN
   5:52 P.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
   10:15 A.M.   LAS VEGAS NORTH, NV, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
   10:11 A.M.   LAS VEGAS NORTH, NV, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
Jun 6, 2001   9:35 P.M.   RENO, NV, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
   2:34 P.M.   RENO, NV, US   LOCATION SCAN
   2:27 P.M.   RENO, NV, US   LOCATION SCAN
   4:05 A.M.   RENO, NV, US   LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY, DELAYED;FORWARDED TO DESTINATION
   4:05 A.M.   RENO, NV, US   LOCATION SCAN
   4:05 A.M.   RENO, NV, US   LEFT IN A UPS FACILITY, DELAYED
Jun 5, 2001   2:07 P.M.   SACRAMENTO, CA, US   UNLOAD SCAN
   12:09 P.M.   SACRAMENTO, CA, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
   12:56 A.M.   SAN FERNANDO, CA, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 4, 2001   11:54 P.M.   SAN FERNANDO, CA, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
   2:35 P.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
Jun 1, 2001   8:34 P.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   LOCATION SCAN
May 31, 2001   1:14 A.M.   PHOENIX, AZ, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
May 26, 2001   3:41 A.M.   WILLOW GROVE, PA, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
   2:31 A.M.   WILLOW GROVE, PA, US   LOCATION SCAN
   2:18 A.M.   WILLOW GROVE, PA, US   UNLOAD SCAN
May 25, 2001   9:57 P.M.   WILLOW GROVE, PA, US   ARRIVAL SCAN
   9:03 P.M.   LAWNSIDE SORT, NJ, US   DEPARTURE SCAN
   6:46 P.M.   LAWNSIDE SORT, NJ, US   ORIGIN SCAN
   3:03 P.M.   US   PICKUP MANIFEST RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: Jun 8, 2001  1:48 P.M. Eastern Time (USA)

Is this amazing or what?  Left behind TWICE then sent on a truck to CALIFORNIA- then they return it by way of RENO NEVADA!!  Is someone there smoking crack??

I really hope its not damaged, or there arent any rounds missing...

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:03:14 AM EDT
[#1]
That's NUTS!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Did they ever actually try to deliver it to your address or was it just cruising all over the place? Wonder how much money this cost them? WOW!!!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#3]
i wish i had it's frequent flier miles.[:D] mmk
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:14:15 AM EDT
[#4]
You'd think the Feds are runnin' UPS-

AZ to NJ by way of California.

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:16:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet they were trying to get the package to "accidently break open" like the UPS guy did with the case of "grenades" at Waco so the ATF could be notified.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:18:29 AM EDT
[#6]
No they never even tried to deliver it. Look at some of the gaps in tracking! It was here at the Phoenix station from the 1st to the 4th and was never tracked- then it turns up in Califonia.  It was supposed to be delivered on the 4th.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Its like the olympic torch.  It travels all over the place.  Btw, each driver gets 20 rounds of ammo, so you might have a few when you eventually receive the box.  Might be down to 2 or 3 lbs by then. lol

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:25:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Only two words can describe that tracking info... APE SHIT.

Aviator [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Isn't Moe Howard the CEO of UPS?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:41:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I wouldnt accept it ...send it back ...see how long that takes...hehehehe
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
"UPS has since sent it on a grand tour of the Western United States, just look at this!"

Now class, what have we learned from this example...?

Next time, make it FedEx...

Link Posted: 6/8/2001 11:02:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, I saw a fedex guy unload a thoroughly thrashed box to my next door neighbor's apartment yesterday.  Either that box was on the bottom of a very heavy pile, or someone jumped up and down on top of it.  I'd like to have had a picture of their face when that got delivered!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#13]
"Well, I saw a fedex guy unload a thoroughly thrashed box"

Used to work for UPS a long time ago, and now employed by Postal Service...  Nobody, not even FedEx is perfect.

But, I wouldn't trust an anvil to either the Postal Service or UPS...
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
If it's a full case of ammo and it only weighs 10 pounds, something is wrong.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#16]
I just got here and read this.
Listen guys, try and let me know as soon as anything like this happens.We have VIP status with UPS and a special number to call.
We can intercede and nip these things in the bud a number of ways.
Feel free to call Terry at (856) 753-2500 on Monday morning to try and get this expedited.
VERY sorry for the trouble.
Eric the ammoman
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 1:50:35 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys have to remember "automation" has its advantages and disadvantages.  Speed and efficiency are supposed to be the advantages.  I work for the postal service and the machinery can be brutal to packaging.  By the way, putting the words 'Fragile and This Side Up' don't do much to protect that parcel as it tumbles down a chute into a container.  Most of the processing is automated.  You have to package the stuff you send with a worse case scenario in mind.  During the Christmas season, it breaks my heart to see all these huge flimsy boxes full of gifts all chewed up because the sender did not use a strong enough box or enough tape.  Package your stuff assuming it WILL be the one at the bottom of that container. Really big or heavy parcels are supposed to handled by hand as some of the machinery cannot handle them, but SOMETIMES it gets thrown into the automated machinery anyway and gets chewed up big time, damaging the machine in the process as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I LOATHE and DESPISE UPS! They constantly break my merchandise, have the worst package handlers, take way too long compared to FedEx and even USPS, I once had electronics paced in an ANVIL case and they still managed to break items. Not to mention the intolerable hassles in firearms shipping.

USE USPS
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:11:26 PM EDT
[#19]
My Bushmaster upper arrived in one piece thru UPS.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 3:29:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Well good news, the package arrived here at about one o'clock my time, all in one piece, nicely sealed still, no dents or liquid damage. And its only four days late.

Eric, its not your fault, UPS had it here at their Phoenix station by the evening of the first, they just inexplicably put it on the wrong truck on Monday morning!  Even if I hadnt lost the tracking number and had been tracking it all the time it couldn't of kept it from getting shipped to San Fernando at 4AM Monday morning.

But you should send this to them and see if you can get your money back, since you take care of the shipping.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Great, glad to hear you got it.
I can get my money back but the time it takes and the paperwork involved would cost me more to recoup.It would also not help you (the one who got screwed) at all.
I will say this to those that badmouth ups.....
GOD help us if they decide to stop shipping ammo.They are the best alternative out there.
Eric the ammoman
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I just had 1000 .45 FMJ bullets delivered via UPS. The bullets were dumped loose in a plastic bag inside a bigger box. The original bullet cartons had disintegrated by being thoroughly soaked with what smelled like gasoline or diesel fuel. The ink on the printed invoices was dissolved by the gas/fuel oil.  I haven't decided if it is safe to load ammo with these bullets because of the fuel residue on them. I might have to tumble them, then discard the media.

Oh, and this was the 2nd time this order was sent. The first went by FedEx and disappeared into a black hole after pick-up.

Kudos to Southern Belle Brass; fat lot of good it did them to switch carriers.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I got my order from sportsman guide last week,3000 rds of wolf 7.62x39. Well as I walk up to the house in the rain, :note: it has rained non stop all day long, there's my package under the eave of the house right where all the water comes off. My ammo was sitting in four inch's of water, box had already come apart. Spent the next four hours taking everything out of their original little box's and drying with several big towels then air dried them for several day's. Looks like the ammo will be ok they are all laquer sealed, but what a pain in the ass.  I know ups has big plastic bags to put stuff in for just such an occasion because I just got a package in on a dry sunny day that was wrapped in a ups marked plastic bag.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I had a box of shotgun shells that I ordered from Graf and Sons in Missouri (I think).  They went back and forth from Dallas to New York two or three times and to Chicago once before finally making it to TX a month late and get this on the same day the replacement case made it.  I guess the guy in Dallas at our hub did not saavy Lufkin(our local hub).
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Think that's bad?

[img]http://v3.freepichosting.com/Image.aspx?Id=51661&Width=399&Height=528[/img]

Say Goodbye.
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 4:11:46 PM EDT
[#26]
I worked for UPS for a while and I can assure you your ammo problems aren't from any conspiracy. Its just that the loaders/unloader/sorters dont give a $#!+ about what goes thru. I knew guys who broke packages on purpose just because the sender or buyer wouldn't want to use UPS anymore. The tie-ups and missing tracking info are also due to the workers. Everything is sorted, scanned, and loaded by hand. Mistakes happen so frequently there's an entire belt system for them.

Before I quit a box of 9mm bullets (just the slugs) fell off the belt and broke open during a rush. I think I still have a few of them somewhere. We were throwing them at each other for the rest of the week. And then there was the time a box of adult toys broke open. Lets just say some office got some extra parts with their computer shipment.[}:d]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Armdlbr

You can get a refund on the shipping fees from UPS.  Call this number a raise a little fuss over the trip around the world to UPS.  1-800-742-5877
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Hell the 2400 rnds of 5.56mm I ordered from sportsmans guide were left on my front porch..clearly labelled ammunition do not drop all that crap...no signature required!! WTF??!!
[flag]
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#30]
My UPS trouble wasn't that bad.  They just sent the package to the right address in the wrong town.  The package was addressed correctly.  It was just the next town over. The people openned it and freaked, then called the police to pick it up.  I then got a call from the police to come get it.  What I didn't understand is why would someone open a package that was clearly delivered by mistake?  

BTW it also was a case of ammo from ammoman.

OSA
Link Posted: 6/9/2001 6:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
When it absolutely positively has to get there??????
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:26:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Sounds like there working on a way to double the price for shipping ammo, to me, like they did on guns.Opps got to go, I think I smell something federal burning. That is definetly crap, go with fed-x at least for today?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Sounds like there working on a way to double the price for shipping ammo, to me, like they did on guns.Opps got to go, I think I smell something federal burning. That is definetly crap, go with fed-x at least for today?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 11:27:20 PM EDT
[#36]
And UPS has the Balls to talk about fuel sur charges and having to raise prices becuase gas prices have increased. Did you ever think of calling your local TV news station.

Six
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Wow, I've been lucky. Never had any problems like these described with any major carrier, that's why I love mail order. Makes me wonder now though if my lucks abpout to run out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top