Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/21/2004 5:20:55 PM EDT
I read in another thread that some of you are airsofters.  Do you guys participate in any matches?  What gear do you use?

I have a Tokyo Marui MP5 and a Tokyo Marui G36, for a sidearm I use a KSC USP Compact.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:22:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#3]
No, this is a weapons website. We talk politics and weapons and generally harass each other. Toys are merely a sideshow. If they ever start an Airsoft forum here, go there. In the mean time, pick up every damn BB.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
No, am not an airsofter...but I do mount airsoft toys on my real guns. Then I brag about it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a long standing airsoft vet and play almost every weekend. I've moved up to Lt. on my team.

My load out:
Tokyo Marui M4 RIS w/M203
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

I'm saving up to buy a SAW later this year! My team could use the extra fire power. I'm really glad I found this forum, its the best!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, this is a weapons website. We talk politics and weapons and generally harass each other. Toys are merely a sideshow. If they ever start an Airsoft forum here, go there. In the mean time, pick up every damn BB.

What DaBunny is trying to say is that we can talk about everything under the sun, you name it....just not airsoft.

Which, oddly, I'm ok with.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm a long standing airsoft vet and play almost every weekend. I've moved up to Lt. on my team.

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

I'm saving up to buy a SAW later this year! My team could use the extra fire power. I'm really glad I found this forum, its the best!

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#8]
now now.

i thought about buying n mp5 just to harrass squirells in my back yard.

looks like fun, but no where near a real shooting sport.

you need a bang for those....and a real silencer if you dont want the bang.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Airsoft is severely gay.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Guys, we have an airsoft forum:

www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=119
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump. hug.gif

Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Damn you are ready for combat now, nothing like an airsoft adrenaline dump. hug.gif

Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.

Really, it seems almost everyone here that bashes airsoft has never tried it before.

I am also looking into something called Real Action Paintball.  It's paintball with realistic looking guns, and they even eject "shell casings".  I think so far they make an M4, an MP5 and a Glock.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:35:55 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

PWND
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Really, it seems almost everyone here that bashes airsoft has never tried it before.

I am also looking into something called Real Action Paintball.  It's paintball with realistic looking guns, and they even eject "shell casings".  I think so far they make an M4, an MP5 and a Glock.

i really would stay away from the RAM.

i got one and was pissed.

i get groups about the size of a large trampoline.

you're more than welcome to purchase mine.

total POS and just makes you thankfull you can buy the real thing

stick with the real thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:36:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

These guys just don't know what there missing! My team has talked about switching over to real action paintball, but its nothing but talk so far. I love the ejecting shell casing! It will only enhance the combat.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

These guys just don't know what there missing! My team has talked about switching over to real action paintball, but its nothing but talk so far. I love the ejecting shell casing! It will only enhance the combat.

go for it kid.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:39:42 PM EDT
[#19]
When will this shit end????
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Dude that was sarcasm, airsoft don't train you for shit. Bullets don't bruise unless their 9mm. At no time is your life in danger, well maybe your eyesight. There seems to be a little gained in the fact that your targets shoot back, that remains to be seen. I tried airsoft and the tactics were close to cqb except for some reason most airsofters realize that it is bb's and get a little brave. I watched these commandos breach doors and clear halls brazen as hell. Thats bullshit if you ask me. They just don't seem scared enough of the "lead"

p.s. this airsoft shit reminds me of the c.p.a. and other desk bound commandos who go to africa to "hunt" big game. Whats the deal, do they need to feel manly or something?

Join Uncle Sams Misguided Children or the Army and get some real tactics and ex. Ok rant off.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
i own a couple of airsoft pistols. I use them for training as they match the controls on my real guns. I prefer to shoot myself in the ass with a plastic BB rather than a 230gr hollow point. Other than that Airsoft is a waste of money. Oh yea both pistol combined are under 20.00. anyone paying 300+ for an airsoft gun is insane and needs a good bitch slapping. ho
mike

I have over $700 in my combat rifle alone. I have several other airsoft weapons, but none are very expensive. I did not pay more than $300 for any of them.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:43:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Ban airsofters!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#24]
If your gona PLAY WAR why not atleast make it hurt a little?
Air SOFT is agy ggggggg agy I mean football bat agy. UBER AGY.
Hell I would let my 4yr old play with air SOFT crap, If I wanted him to end up ayg.
Have you ever been shot by an air SOFT gun?
I mean C'mon, I could Flick you harder.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:46:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:48:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
you have 700.00 IN AN AIRSOFT GUN? Jesus thats a REAL GUN!

Yes you need a bitch slapping

......but Mike it is a combat gun
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
you have 700.00 IN AN AIRSOFT GUN? Jesus thats a REAL GUN!

Yes you need a bitch slapping

+1

I thought the Tacpoint guys were morons! This guy takes the cake.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i own a couple of airsoft pistols. I use them for training as they match the controls on my real guns. I prefer to shoot myself in the ass with a plastic BB rather than a 230gr hollow point. Other than that Airsoft is a waste of money. Oh yea both pistol combined are under 20.00. anyone paying 300+ for an airsoft gun is insane and needs a good bitch slapping.

jmho

mike

I have over $700 in my combat rifle alone. I have several other airsoft weapons, but none are very expensive. I did not pay more than $300 for any of them.

To each his own, I guess, but are you aware of the kind of REAL stuff you could buy for that kind of money?  Spending that much on something that is literally a toy is sacriledge to most of us.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:02:48 PM EDT
[#30]
GantorisIV,

What color panties are you wearing?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
i own a couple of airsoft pistols. I use them for training as they match the controls on my real guns. I prefer to shoot myself in the ass with a plastic BB rather than a 230gr hollow point. Other than that Airsoft is a waste of money. Oh yea both pistol combined are under 20.00. anyone paying 300+ for an airsoft gun is insane and needs a good bitch slapping.

jmho

mike

To each his own, I guess, but are you aware of the kind of REAL stuff you could buy for that kind of money?  Spending that much on something that is literally a toy is sacriledge to most of us.  

IF his mom and dad agree to fill out the 4473 for him!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I used to airsoft.  
Even had an M249.
Found ARFCOM.  Sold it all to by the real damn deal.  Glad I did get the real deal.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:10:16 PM EDT
[#33]

Orininally Posted by IPSTANDING:  "Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.

I want to sincerely apologize to all our troops in Iraq and Afganistan plus all vetrans of  Vietnam, Korea and WWII for our children who "play" war games and are clueless about combat.  For all the good men who have been wounded or are presently in harmes way in defense of our Nation,  the majority of us mature adults realise the suffering you have gone and are going through.  To the families of those who have had their loved ones killed  in combat, we realize the ultimate scarfice they have given to our country.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:31:44 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

My bullshit-o-meter is pegged with two low post airsofters going back in forth on this.

Not to mention....

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Orininally Posted by IPSTANDING:  "Exactly, there is nothing like a good airsoft battle. Its damn close to the real thing. It even hurts to be shot. I even have the bruises to prove it. You guys should try it. Its great training and a blast.

I want to sincerely apologize to all our troops in Iraq and Afganistan plus all vetrans of  Vietnam, Korea and WWII for our children who "play" war games and are clueless about combat.  For all the good men who have been wounded or are presently in harmes way in defense of our Nation,  the majority of us mature adults realise the suffering you have gone and are going through.  To the families of those who have had their loved ones killed  in combat, we realize the ultimate scarfice they have given to our country.  

Well said sir, I say this often on here "armchair comandos who have never seen a shot fired in anger"
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:08:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Join the Marines and you can experience the REAL thing...... no soft shit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:15:32 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

+1

Airsoft is good training.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:22:36 PM EDT
[#39]
I have one of those cheap springer pistols. I was considering buying an AEG for a while... dunno if the money would be worth it though. I could just by 2,000 7.62x39 rounds for that money. :O
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I bought two of the simple one cock one shot pistols, and I use them to teach the wife how to shoot pistol in our apartment. May not be accurate, but I can use them for safety training, trigger discipline, clearing, etc. For $20, you can't beat it as a learning tool.

Do I pretend to play war with them? Um, no. But they are handy for winning arguments!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#41]
OK, Everyone bashes Airsoft, there's all this negative feedback on RAP. What's left to train with agaist a real live thinking opponent? What do you guys suggest? I'd love to get my hands on Simunition type stuff, but that's out of the question. So what's left for the general public to get their hands on? Besides, why make fun of people that  want to try and keep active and compete with each other, any type of shooting and running, use of tactics and cover type of activity can only benfical.  So I ask to those of you that bash Airsoft and Real Action Paintball so bad, what do you suggest one trains with in their own backyard?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Please knock off the trolling and insults.  Anyone who is not a fan of Airsoft toys is free to avoid threads of this type.  Personal attacks violate the Conduct Code--Airsoft threads do not.  

So I take this to mean the airsoft guys are free to post as many threads as they like? Are there insults and arrogance to be ignored by the staff? Is this the direction ARFCOM is heading? How about directing them to the "War Gaming" forum?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:45:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i really would stay away from the RAM.

i got one and was pissed.

you're more than welcome to purchase mine.

total POS and just makes you thankfull you can buy the real thing

stick with the real thing.

Earlier model or lastest one?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

AIRSOFT VET!!!!

BWWAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

THATS FUCKING PRICELESS!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Please knock off the trolling and insults.  Anyone who is not a fan of Airsoft toys is free to avoid threads of this type.  Personal attacks violate the Conduct Code--Airsoft threads do not.  

So I take this to mean the airsoft guys are free to post as many threads as they like? Are there insults and arrogance to be ignored by the staff? Is this the direction ARFCOM is heading? How about directing them to the "War Gaming" forum?

No. Because people who are interested in hearing from other people in the same hobby must be silenced immediately.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:50:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

AIRSOFT VET!!!!

Do airsoft vets get the day off on Veteran's Day?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:53:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

MOT - Minute of Trampoline?  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#49]
my 21yr old bro had $1300 + in a paintball gun!

so then I took him to my favorite gunstore and showed him what he could have bought -and what I did.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My load out:
Tacpoint
HK MK23 SOCOM

AIRSOFT VET!!!!

Do airsoft vets get the day off on Veteran's Day?

Maybe, maybe not. But there area a LOT of Vets who don't get the day off on Veteran's Day. If you knew the definition of a Vet according to the DoD standards, you might not be so quick with your words.

FYI, a Vet is anyone who has served on active duty for 6 months or longer and is capable of or has received an Honorable Discharge.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top