Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 9:52:31 AM EDT
Went shooting with my girlfriends dad who has some land out west. I've only been shooting skeet a couple times so he offered to hand throw some clays for practice.

For those who don't remember I got this one a couple months ago.

Anyway this is the first time I got to do some serious shooting with it and I love this thing. The recoil is great, so much better than the 11-87 I had used before. It fit me well enough that I could actually hit the damn things this time. It was light enough to get good swings and tame enough to get follow up shots. I need those cause I miss a lot still.

But the best part of the morning was when we set up a pile of old paint cans and tore it apart. They were making fun of my Benelli when we were shooting clays but they stopped when I tore up that pile of cans.

This is quickly becoming my new favorite toy.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a seriously sweet shotgun.

Damn, I want one.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I love my Benelli M1....it is my favorite  my M1A is a close second.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Trigger time is always good.

I enjoy shooting clays with my home defense shotty (VCS-870).  Shotguns were made for small moving targets - and practicing hitting them can only be a good thing.

I like using the small trap throwers or those $5 hand launchers tho - hitting clays using ghost ring sights is pretty easy when you do that.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:32:18 AM EDT
[#4]

I love shooting mine
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
very nice!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Most fun I ever has shooting clays was with an old surplus trench gun.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:41:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep the M1 is a nice piece!!   I have an M3, but I'll have to get an M1 someday to keep it company.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:52:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome!
Any range time is good time!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I know the feeling...  I brought my new Benelli M4 to the range last week to break it in, and shooting clays was as good a way as any to do that.  Only problem is it's damn hard to shoot well with those ghost ring sights, compared to my Beretta 391.  But, hey with 7+1 capacity, I reloaded a lot less.

Next trip, I'm bringing a bunch of low recoil tactical slugs and buckshot to check out how this thing patterns.  Gotta love shotguns!!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, got to love those shotguns. I have had my M1 since 93 and it hasn't let me down yet. You may or may not know this, but you can get an extra round of capacity by first filling the mag then manually chambering one through the open bolt. Now here is the trick. Let the bolt go home a bit then pull it back and lay a round on the carrier and close the bolt over it. This would jam 99% of the shotguns out there but HK's keep on trucking. Just make sure the safety is on and watch the muzzle while you are manipulating the weapon.. 321 out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Yep, got to love those shotguns. I have had my M1 since 93 and it hasn't let me down yet. You may or may not know this, but you can get an extra round of capacity by first filling the mag then manually chambering one through the open bolt. Now here is the trick. Let the bolt go home a bit then pull it back and lay a round on the carrier and close the bolt over it. This would jam 99% of the shotguns out there but HK's keep on trucking. Just make sure the safety is on and watch the muzzle while you are manipulating the weapon.. 321 out.

The older M1's will allow for the extra shell on the carrier.  The newer Benelli's have been neutered to not allow an extra shell on the carrier.  I did some looking on the web and found that John Norrell will modify the bolt to let the carrier accept an extra shell.  He did a nice job on my shotgun.

www.johnnorrellarms.com/products.asp

Edit to add the following from his website:

When H&K imported the Benelli M1 Super 90 and Super Black Eagle until 1/1/98, the shotguns had the capability to hold and fire an additional shell in the “tray.”  This feature is exclusive to Benelli shotguns only and allowed Benelli shotguns that were legally plugged for three shot waterfowl hunting to actually hold and fire a fourth round. Benelli shotguns now imported do not have this capability of an extra round capacity due to a modification to the bolt carrier.  This modification can be corrected to allow the additional shell capacity.  Send only your bolt and bolt carrier for modification... $50.00
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:44:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Was the extra shell counted in Benelli's advertising for mag capacity?

If not, then it should be 7+1+1=9 same as the Mossie 590 right?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Love it.....Mine is exactly like yours but with ghost ring.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]
My only squawk is that I am not able to get 7+1 with my extension. Am I doing something wrong? No plugs are in I can get about 6 in comfortably. I have the tube that extends to the end of the barrel and has the barrel/tube connector. Long spring is installed.

Am I am moron or something?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top