Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 6:17:17 AM EDT
Saw something on the news last night about some idiot who tried to auction his vote on Ebay.  Since its illegal, he was arrested and now sits in jail.  So assuming you could do it and not get caught, would you ever sell your vote, and if so, how much would it go for in this election?
(This is posted as a hypothetical for discussion only.  It is not a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell, transfer, assign, donate or otherwise dispose of the right to vote.)
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:23:05 AM EDT
[#1]
$104 million. In gold. Not FRN's.

Then I could buy Clove Cay($4 million), get it registered as an independant nation, and tell the rest of the world to kiss my ass as I live off the interest accrued. We could then hold Gunstock there every year with no worries about neighbors or caliber restrictions.

I love our country, but I can't stand our politics. They are all crooks. Every last one of them.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:24:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Being in a 'blue' state,  my vote is almost worthless, anyway.

I'm still deciding whether to 'support' Nader to keep the left split, or vote Bush to add to his popular vote total.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:26:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#4]
No way in hell I would sell a vote. Some people have no qualms about it though. It speaks volumes about their morals.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:29:41 AM EDT
[#5]
My vote is cheep all you have to do is, convince me that you will sign No new gun legislation into law AND work to repeal all exiting gun laws that are on the books, and i will vote for you.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:31:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I sold my vote before I didn't sell it
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Being in a 'blue' state,  my vote is almost worthless, anyway.

I'm still deciding whether to 'support' Nader to keep the left split, or vote Bush to add to his popular vote total.

Vote Badnarik or Peroutka then. At least both of those are pro-gun Rights. Nader is a commie.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:32:49 AM EDT
[#8]
give me an outright ban on abortion outside of medical reasons, a total ban on gay marriage, a total crackdown on illegal immigration, a REAL war on drugs, a full repeal of any gun law enacted after the 2A, put the 10 Commandments monument back in Roy Moore's courthouse, get the U.S. out of the U.N.....

and you have my vote.

Meantime, I'll just vote for Bush.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I can be bought.  Depends how sweet the pot is though!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:42:03 AM EDT
[#10]
At least a few 20 rocks of crack
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#11]
fity cent.  

I could sell it to multiple people, too, as long as they didn't know about each other.  After all, how are they going to check?  It's not like they're going behind the curtain with me.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:52:02 AM EDT
[#12]
hell give me 2 17 year old hotie and its a done deal........
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:00:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Saw something on the news last night about some idiot who tried to auction his vote on Ebay.  Since its illegal, he was arrested and now sits in jail.  So assuming you could do it and not get caught, would you ever sell your vote, and if so, how much would it go for in this election?
(This is posted as a hypothetical for discussion only.  It is not a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell, transfer, assign, donate or otherwise dispose of the right to vote.)

I got two checks from the U.S. Treasury for $600.00 each as part of GWB's tax reduction. Tax reduction or vote buying?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:07:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
give me an outright ban on abortion outside of medical reasons, a total ban on gay marriage, a total crackdown on illegal immigration, a REAL war on drugs, a full repeal of any gun law enacted after the 2A, put the 10 Commandments monument back in Roy Moore's courthouse, get the U.S. out of the U.N.....

and you have my vote.

Meantime, I'll just vote for Bush.

+1
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#15]
i guess you have to figure out what the lives of every american who faught for that right was worth before you can set that price.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 7:24:59 AM EDT
[#16]
[Jake]"How much for the women?  I want to buy your women!  Sell me your little girls!"  [/Jake]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#17]
$10K and I'm yours! Yes, I'm in terrible financial shape right now.......
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#18]
i would "sell" my vote.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I would sell it to the highest bidder.

It's not like they can tell who you vote for anyway, so I would take the dumbocrats money and still vote for whoever i wanted (republican). It's a Win Win!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top