Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 6:00:12 AM EDT
I just recieved this email:

**************************************************************************************
This e-mail was generated by a mail handling system. Please do not reply to the address listed in the "From" field.
Please read the CUSTOMER SERVICE section for answers to your questions.
**************************************************************************************

Dear COX Subscriber,

COX Communications require a full credit card check to all its Digital Services subscribers. This is done in order to protect and is required under current legislation (USA Patriot Act (HR 3162) and Anti Money-Laundering & Protection Act). As COX member you agree to be bound by COX Terms and to complete the Verification Process. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, do not access the Website or any part thereof.

YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS MATTER IS REQUIRED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID ACCOUNT/SERVICE SUSPENSION.
Verification is fast, easy and secure. To complete the verification process please follow this instructions:

1. A secure online form must open automatically in your browser. (If this not happen automatically please press 'refresh' button on your browser or re-open the email allowing secure cookie for verification).

2. Complete the secure on-line form entirely.

3. Submit the secure on-line form clicking-on "Submit" button.

4. Once your information is validated you may close the window and use our service as regular.

James C. Kennedy, CEO
Cox Communications, Inc.
1400 Lake Hearn Dr.
Atlanta, GA 30319

This electronic transmission is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this transmission in error it would be helpful if you could notify Your company name and contact as soon as possible.

Definately a scam, do not follow the instructions.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:05:30 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
There are actually people that fall for this crap?

I get mails  from a Citibank wannabe company asking for the same crap. They use the Citibank logo too. I just forward it to the Citibank fraud department with a "heads up on this".
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are actually people that fall for this crap?

I get mails  from a Citibank wannabe company asking for the same crap. They use the Citibank logo too. I just forward it to the Citibank fraud department with a "heads up on this".

People fall for it all the time, it's sad really.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top